Deadeye_Rob

IN DEVELOPMENT Uses for the Backpack Slot: Backpacks, Cloaks & Hoods.

Question

I’m sure this has been a suggestion topic many years ago but here’s my penny’s worth! :)

Currently the backpack slot only has two qualifying objects; The Propellor Pack, and the Breathing Tanks for diving.

Respectfully I think we’re missing a few obvious uses for this slot! An inventory-expanding series of Backpacks would be a natural start but why stop there?

Another long forgotten suggestion was Capes and Cloaks. These would be a great addition to the game and if twinned with with a matching Hood in the Head Slot, I would have a fantastic looking Archer character!

I would love to see any thoughts on this suggestion. Maybe even a few upvotes? :D.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 9

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

I think we asked about capes and they were worried it would look bad (not move properly) ?

But maybe if you get enough upvotes, they will change their minds lol

5 hours ago, ocnoglittle said:

I think we asked about capes and they were worried it would look bad (not move properly) ?

But maybe if you get enough upvotes, they will change their minds lol

i don't know much about how games ACTUALLY work but could they not make the capes/cloaks movement similar to how our character hair moves?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, IEuphe said:

i don't know much about how games ACTUALLY work but could they not make the capes/cloaks movement similar to how our character hair moves?

This was my thoughts on the matter. Hoods shouldn’t be an issue, but static capes would look awful.

If I recall from my days playing World of Warcraft, Capes & Cloaks we’re static from the neck down to the bottom fringe where the last bits of the edge were dynamic. This resulted in a believable looking model which didn’t break the physics.

Either that or make them dynamically as heavy as dark matter! ?.

2 hours ago, spiritchaser28 said:

I like the idea of capes and cloaks, maybe it could add warmth and some other protections/armor ratings?

I might be straying into new suggestion territory but what if it added a buff to ranged weapons? 

• Like 2

Hey! 

We are looking into how we can use the back slot more often so I really appreciate the suggestions! 

Thanks! 

dsfasdf.gif

• Like 1