Sign in to follow this  
Igor Q.

Requesting a function again.

Hello, even though I don't come here often, there is a function I would REALLY like access to... Infact, I asked it about 2 years ago

- Get Aim

This function essentially takes the Ray Cast Option and applies it to the player's camera. It's extremely useful as we could make custom spells and use it to "see" what the player is looking at. Ex: Is the player looking at a house?

You already have the function to preview camera so this shouldn't be an issue anymore...

image.png.642515b8ee8d2f0977039b9d10ac1ad9.png

Additionally make skills available to "force cast" similar to an emote.

This will give us greater flexibility when making custom spells.

Thanks?

• Upvote 1

Hi,

for making spells you should use "Skill game logic". (you can raycast there through camera)

Adding "Get aim" to server scripts would not help you much. Player would try to cast spell in his desired direction but before it would get to a server and back he would be casting it in different location. This problem is mitigated by "Skill game logic" which is implemented to work well on both server and client.

Hopefully it will be possible to execute skills not only from skill bar "soon". We are prototyping this feature at the moment. (that does not mean you will get it in the next update! - a note which must be always added :) )

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

From what @Houp has said perhaps we need more client-side scripting options, maybe opening up the controller game logic object so that it can be used on the default player entity and not only custom player entities. I get that the controller is limited for a reason, but maybe it could have an advanced mode (know what you're doing or you are gonna cause problems) that allows sending data back to the server ( I believe you can only do server to client currently).

• Like 2

On 8/13/2021 at 5:26 AM, Houp said:

Hi,

for making spells you should use "Skill game logic". (you can raycast there through camera)

Adding "Get aim" to server scripts would not help you much. Player would try to cast spell in his desired direction but before it would get to a server and back he would be casting it in different location. This problem is mitigated by "Skill game logic" which is implemented to work well on both server and client.

Hopefully it will be possible to execute skills not only from skill bar "soon". We are prototyping this feature at the moment. (that does not mean you will get it in the next update! - a note which must be always added :) )

It's a bit inconvenient not having these functions fully independent, but I understand why you'd set it up that way.

Could we consider making the skills function more intuitive to use?

I'm having a lot of difficulty getting Fully Body and Upper Body motions to work the way I expect them to work and often have bugs such as small scroll bar

image.png.56f9015bdaf08fc87a8a78c356f84382.png

no scroll bar

image.png.357f84fa925414a7d81bacd63620a94e.png

Transition bar (red line) doesn't move when playing the skill

image.thumb.png.2970ac889bc18146872c831048886c7c.png

Can't seem to find the "dash" animation, that players would do when trying to roll using a heavy weapon. Did it get removed entirely from the game?

• Upvote 2