JonathanHunt

A way to be afk or not lost in underwater caves.

Question

Hi

I've been playing the new 1.9 update of ylands and i've been trying out all the new items in explore.

But one thing i realised was that i couldn't stay underwater without interacting with a oxygen coral or oxygen extractor every now and then.

This is ok as i can just go back to my ship to leave my character afk. But when it comes to underwater caves, they're easy to get lost in, just like the island caves back in yland's alpha versions, because i would find a small hole on some tunnels that leads into a large cave room, then after exploring this place i couldn't find the small hole amongst all the pillars along the cave walls, to find my way back outside the caves.

I have to stay active on my keyboard while my character is exploring in the underwater caves until i can find where i had entered from, just to avoid dying and having to go retrieve my items from there.

So i was wondering if there could be a way to stay underwater while afk or some tweaks made to the underwater caves to have more large tunnels connecting the cave rooms leading back to the main cave entrance, also having some lights between the points where cave rooms meet tunnels or other overlapped holes between spaces would also help.

If the oxygen extractors could have a limited length hose i could attach and detach my diving tank to i could stay underwater in one place, until the sharks get me XD

Edited by JonathanHunt
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

I will agree with this. If you are deep in an underwater cave and suddenly have to use the bathroom, the only option you have is to type /unstuck 1 so it teleports you to spawn. It's about the only way to avoid dying but many times spawn is pretty far from where you want to be.

because of those corals releasing bubbles, the caves should have pelnty of air pockets. that would solve the problem and make the caves more interesting

and on a somewhat related note - travelling up and down in the water is a bit of a pain. the heavy diving suit should make you drop a lot faster (unless it does in exploration, i only tried it sandbox and it was the same speed as other ones) and maybe there could be some emergency baloon thingy ( like in subnautica) that would carry you to the surface quickly

Edited by p4rr
  • Upvote 2

Agreed, the hose idea on the oxygen extractors is great. Otherwise I was going to suggest the heavy diving helmet should act as a diving bell that's hooked up to the surface so you can have a constant stream of air.

On 4/22/2022 at 4:14 AM, JonathanHunt said:

This is ok as i can just go back to my ship to leave my character afk. But when it comes to underwater caves, they're easy to get lost in, just like the island caves back in yland's alpha versions, because i would find a small hole on some tunnels that leads into a large cave room, then after exploring this place i couldn't find the small hole amongst all the pillars along the cave walls, to find my way back outside the caves.

I leave a cookie crumb trail to help me navigate.  Either glowing crystals or rock fence posts with pointy tops pointing towards the exit.