paulsoaresjr

Horse commands? STAY?

Hi,

So my horse will not stop following me. He's also right on top of me! Is there a command to make the horse stay in one spot until called?

Also, I can't seem to extinguish torches. Pressing the "E" key to extinguish doesn't do anything though the animation does actually play.

Lastly, is there any food that satiates longer than 30 seconds? I seem to get hungry again no matter how much I eat... Granted, I'm eating mostly fruit but even so I'm stuffing my face with it every minute or so...

oops, one more! How do you make/place vertical logs? I can lay them down and stack them, but I can't seem to stand them upright

Thanks!

Edited by paulsoaresjr

Hi, the Horse can't be made to stay right now, it's something we're looking into. The best workaround would be to build a fence for him with a wooden gate. Get him inside either by placing a herbivore bait or getting him to follow you and then close the gate :)
Not being able to extinguish torches is a bug, which will be fixed in the next update. Sorry about that.

With the food, try eating bread or meat or other cooked/baked goods. The will satiate you for a longer time. Even with fruit you can eat more even if the message "I'm hungry"disappears. You probably eat just enough so the message disappears and in a while you're hungry again.

You can put down logs vertically by entering placing mode (selecting log in hotbar), holding H (rotate item) and clicking right mouse button to change the axis.

53 minutes ago, paulsoaresjr said:

So my horse will not stop following me. He's also right on top of me! Is there a command to make the horse stay in one spot until called?

I build him an enclosure, but I would be glad if he wasn't so needy all the time. :D

Also, I can't seem to extinguish torches. Pressing the "E" key to extinguish doesn't do anything though the animation does actually play.

Haven't tried that yet.

Lastly, is there any food that satiates longer than 30 seconds? I seem to get hungry again no matter how much I eat... Granted, I'm eating mostly fruit but even so I'm stuffing my face with it every minute or so...

Cooked fish or cooked meat is great to reduce your hunger. Or you can cook your fruits, it makes them far better to eat. :)

oops, one more! How do you make/place vertical logs? I can lay them down and stack them, but I can't seem to stand them upright

You can rotate building blocks and items on a different axis by pressing I believe "J" and "K". But don't quote me on that, I just press the buttons automatically when playing Ylands. So it could be some nearby key. ;)

EDIT: Ah, Khanecz was faster in answering by a few seconds! xD

Edited by Miguel Preguisa

Thanks for the replies!

I ended up building a small pen for the horse and just jump over the fence since i don't know how to make a gate yet. :P 

I also figured out how to change the orientation with objects with a bit of trial and error. It's really quite robust once you know how to move stuff around and can really tweak the position of stuff like animal pelts and teacups, etc for perfect placement! 

• Like 1

So far I have found Bread, Roast Meat & Roast Bird Meat to provide the longest satiation, about 15 minutes.

Next up would be the Baked Potato at around 12 minutes

Then Melons, Pineapples, Roast Starfish at about 10 minutes

Bamboo Shoot Salad, Roast Fruit, Roast vegetables, Raw Meat, Raw Bird Meat at about 7 minutes

Bread Dough, Carrots, Potatoes, Roast Mushroom, Spinach Leaves and Roast Crab at 5 minutes

Corn, Flour, Blackberries, Bearberries, Bananas, Champignon, Oyster Meat, Sea Urchin Meat, Prunella Leaves, Raw Crab, Acai Berries and Raspberries between 1 to 3 minutes so these are the worst but are generally the easiest to find and don't require cooking so good for the first few days.

Hope this helps!

• Thanks 1

"horse commands"

Strange nobody has suggested yet as it seam to be very logical to me ,but have you considered getting medicine to relieve your throat and remove the horse from your voice. 

Ps. Love your videos.