bluevast

RESOLVED Oceans Are Gone

Question

Just bought this today.  First time I played the water was there, I quit for a bit, loaded the game and the water has disappeared.  Tried reloading world and restarting the game, making new world, but it does nothing.  After several relaunch attempts the water was back on the main menu, started a new game, water's back.

11 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hi bluevast,

Thanks for the feedback! This is not the first time that something like that happened so we're already looking into it. If it ever happens again, could you please locate and send your game log ("output_log.txt") (either post it here or you can send it to me via PM).You should be able to find it in the \Program Files\Ylands\Game\Ylands_Data directory.

Thanks!

On 4/1/2017 at 7:02 AM, Aleš Ulm said:

Hi bluevast,

Thanks for the feedback! This is not the first time that something like that happened so we're already looking into it. If it ever happens again, could you please locate and send your game log ("output_log.txt") (either post it here or you can send it to me via PM).You should be able to find it in the \Program Files\Ylands\Game\Ylands_Data directory.

Thanks!

Ok thanks. It happened again while reloading a save.  I Dm'd you the log.

On 2-4-2017 at 3:57 PM, Aleš Ulm said:

Perfect, thank you!

@Aleš Ulm i have the same issue from time to time and shallow water does not show, wenn you walk in it you can see the water splash, ill send my output log also by DM.

Edited by A3_Melle

I have the same problem with water sometimes not appearing. Also sometimes it has a weird mechanic where theres a wave in the shape of a ring, I'll post a screen of it next time that happens.

But as a quick fix; If you are having any water issues you can go into the graphic settings and if you check windowed mode and hit apply then when the "keep or revert" window pops up, Hit Revert and everything should be fine.

Hope it helps! Works every time for me!

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Captain_Kush said:

I have the same problem with water sometimes not appearing. Also sometimes it has a weird mechanic where theres a wave in the shape of a ring, I'll post a screen of it next time that happens.

But as a quick fix; If you are having any water issues you can go into the graphic settings and if you check windowed mode and hit apply then when the "keep or revert" window pops up, Hit Revert and everything should be fine.

Hope it helps! Works every time for me!

Thanks for the tip!

Are you guys still having this issue?

Not after 0.3, everything looks just fine for me. :) Except for that impenetrable fog.xD Don't take me wrong, I really like the new fog but it should be a little reduced. Most of the day I do not see where I'm going (I'm not even on the shore). :) 

Ha! So you are that anonymous source! :P 

6 hours ago, Ane said:

Are you guys still having this issue?

No not anymore #Happy :) 

• Upvote 1