handofthesly

Mining Helmet & Guardian Helmet lights need to turn on sooner

Question

I've been finding that both the Mining Helmet and Guardian Helmet torches don't turn on soon enough. It is pitch black and you can't see anything for a while before they turn on. Maybe even add the ability for the player to turn the light on and off when they want?

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

I would prefer a key-binding to turn the light on/off manually instead of the automatic system. Apart from turning on too late and off too early while on the surface, when it turns night/day, i had it turn off and on deep underground (with no open sky above me) repeatetly too. Its also problematic when mining close to the surface during day when the light turns darker (HDR effect kicks in) but you still have to go a bit deeper/farther until the light turns on, until you are left in (almost) pitch black.

The automatic system might be a nice idea, but i would really prefer to have manual control.

• Upvote 1

I think so, I think in version 0.5 is much better than 0.6.. oh well that light helmets better be more sensitive about surrounding light ^_^

48 minutes ago, dAcson said:

I would prefer a key-binding to turn the light on/off manually instead of the automatic system. Apart from turning on too late and off too early while on the surface, when it turns night/day, i had it turn off and on deep underground (with no open sky above me) repeatetly too. Its also problematic when mining close to the surface during day when the light turns darker (HDR effect kicks in) but you still have to go a bit deeper/farther until the light turns on, until you are left in (almost) pitch black.

The automatic system might be a nice idea, but i would really prefer to have manual control.

I'd absolutely prefer a keybind for it.

Keybind for the love of all that's unholy.  This is a serious issue to a lot of people so devs, give er a fix please.  Fix being a keybind on off choice.