ComR

New Explore, new game - 40FPS start, after hours of playing - 9FPS, a bit later constant crashes.

Question

Hi,

I started new game after my last one when game started to crash every time I loaded it. After many hours of exploring, building and farming - just the same - quality on lowest. Game starts with 40FPS, after few hours it's 15FPS, next day 9FPS and then crash and constant crashes load by load...

Well, Ylands are unplayable for me after few hours. My system in short is:

AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.40GHz

8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon 6850 HD, 1GB VRAM

Win 7

All the best,
Bartosz

P.S.: Is my system really too bad?? I can play Watchdogs and GTA V on High and 30FPS... I know my system is very old, but it's usually ok for my needs... And... if you see a problem, please, tell me - do I need a different processor (please, specify which one, what series - price is important for me) or 4GB graphic card should help me? Thank you in advance.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

I'd like to add: my system is cleaned, my registry is cleaned, all viruse, malware and so on - removed. All processes and programs in the background - removed. Memory cleaned. Antiviruses, firewalls and other residential programs, which usually causes problems, not only stopped, but removed at all. My system is now working like a charm, like a newborn system Win 7. Graphics Card cleaned as possible, set to lowest (howether max visual AMD settings  are changing nothing - most games, including Ylands, are running just the same; if you count FPS). 

I know you had memory leak before, but I suppose there is still a memory leak of some kind. I've read many posts of other Ylanders: they still have the same problem. I know Unity isn't  optimised as it should be (I had to stop my project until |I will be able to buy new system to use my own neural network program). 

Am I the only one with such performance problems? I'm not your enemy - I want to help Yland and Bohemia as I can. I think that Operation Flashpoint was the most important sofware in a history of openbox, military simulation, FPS (as realistic FPP) showing the world that can be done. I'm angry that you were robbed, yes, you can say it's not true, but, you were robbed by people from X.  Don't stop.

All the best...
Bartosz

Ill tell you right away i know its a low poly game but i have a gtx 1060 6gb, 16gb ram and an amd a10 processors and i am still getting like 12 fps alot of time ! i am thinking about getting a i7 since i am pretty sure this is why i am getting low fps since i got a high end graphic and ram so. i would say your system maybe need a upgrade graphic card wise.

• Haha 1

I have similar issues with my old laptop. After advancing in tech after a few hours, I start to get all sorts of errors and crashes. I open storage or the crafting menu and it crashes. 

However, my wife's pc has a 1070 and an i7 and still gets sudden framerate drops. I think it is a known issue for the framerate drops reading the dev blog. They'll be cleaning it up patch by patch.

• Upvote 1

That's bad, but I hope Devs know it and we have to wait for optimisation. After all it's still Alpha... I hope "low poly" will work some day on my system...

Hippie Xmass!

Those are things we are aware of, they will be improved over patches/in the long run.

• Like 1

I just realised that all my crashes happened only in two bioms: Tropical Island and Tundra... These are the only two where rain storms are present, right? Before crash I do not see weather change, but it can be moment when storm is just going to happen? Howether, game sometimes seems to work fine during rainstorms, but maybe it's a thunderbolt? Or a certain sound during rainstorm?

Could be, we've heard of players report about crashes happening during rain storms.