Gracekain

Let's Play Ylands!

5905f46edc622_download(1).jpg.3262447ce8800807b2c0b6274dde32ec.jpg

Decided to check on development and pump out a few move vids! Enjoy!

Edited by Gracekain
  • Upvote 2

do you have ice running in your veins, or did you just turn off the mic after the second hyena?

34 minutes ago, Aethelis said:

do you have ice running in your veins, or did you just turn off the mic after the second hyena?

I didn't turn off the mic.

I was also expecting a more "energetic" reaction :D

Well at least @Gracekain skipped the long sail trips, nice video's! ;) Did notice that animals (mutated or not) were more aggressive in his video, I really walked/searched in a cave with over 40 hyenas and the never attacked me (even when I attacked them) and mentioning it now I was actually thinking about it and i never get attacked by animals since I started this mission........ 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Ane said:

I was also expecting a more "energetic" reaction :D

I was crying inside..... oh, and I was boiling inside... the whole time I was bee-bopping around without a care and BAM! dead.... 

15 hours ago, A3_Melle said:

Well at least @Gracekain skipped the long sail trips, nice video's! ;) Did notice that animals (mutated or not) were more aggressive in his video, I really walked/searched in a cave with over 40 hyenas and the never attacked me (even when I attacked them) and mentioning it now I was actually thinking about it and i never get attacked by animals since I started this mission........ 

Wait till the next video... they must hate me something serious!

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, A3_Melle said:

Mm and you're playing the Explore mode without the cube? Animals (the predators, that is) should be attacking you :/

• Upvote 1

Well tried it again last night, gave a panther 1 hit with a katana and it just kept on walking around without even looking at me, also the animals who would normally "run away" wenn you get close just keep on going with the thing they are doing.

I am really enjoying your series!!

Please continue, I love the "How To" lessons interspersed with the gameplay episodes.

• Upvote 1

Fantastic boat.

We need A Fantastic Boat Contest!

(I nominates yours)

• Upvote 1

Now you have me curious about the logistics of building from scratch a flat bottomed catamaran by building two bamboo rafts with a connecting platform between them and a smaller sail (or two) jammed in the middle. The main benefit over a normal boat, is the ability to sail very close to shorelines in shallow waters. 

I had once or twice felt like my little bamboo raft-with-two-baskets was actually faster than my large ship with sails, and possibly also faster than my wooden raft (which I had less luck attaching baskets to) which leads me to wonder how much weight and physics play in boat speeds, add to that the ability to apparently gain speed with extra masts,

makes me curious whether this would make a nice exploration boat that you could sleep on, cook on, and bring along a small amount of storage, while keeping it ultralight in weight

Cata-Tonga-3v.jpg

Another example:

hsufu-20001.jpg

getpubliccontent?contentId=d3f93ae7-812b

blogger-image--684356222.jpg

The idea is not to compete with a full size sailing ship with canons and cabins and heavy weight, but instead something very lightweight, shallow, hopefully semi fast, and practical for sea exploration

One of the problems I had with using a raft was that, once while stopping to check my map on a little raft, a passing shark ate me D: so I wanted something with a more protected middle space that could also hold a sleeping mat plus 2-4 wicker baskets

Edited by Sprout

Haha, I love the idea of rescuing your boat by building a wall in the front of the ship. Good video!

• Upvote 1