Staavre

RESOLVED Save screen stuck while sailing

Question

So I made a grand journey to reclaim my stuff from the jaws of a mighty shark and once I achieved this, I hopped back on my boat. Feeling as if I should call it a day, I quit to main menu while I was sailing. My character was still manning the helm as I quit. The save screen is now stuck and is spinning perpetually. Help?

EDIT: I forced quit and reloaded the game and my save appears to be intact. I guess you don't want to do anything while on the boat other than sail.

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

I just experienced something similar. was sailing on a ship. it was night time so i decided to sleep. (have a sleeping bag on deck) then the game kinda froze. i could hit esc. and return to main menu but now my save seem to be corrupted. it keeps loading forever when it hits the "raising ocean" checkpoint. never reaching above 0%. so guessing my save is gone.

Have to restart the game by hitting ctrl-alt-del

But at least i can make my new save better than my last.hehe

Hmm, sounds like there's indeed some nasty issues related to player exiting the game while sailing the ship. Finding the issue and fixing is our top priority right now.

We have found and fixed the bug - your game will be updated later today or tomorrow with a fix that will let you continue playing your saved games. If come across any additional issues be sure to let us know.

Thanks for your help and sorry for the inconvenience!