Super Pirate

Dezoom for map

Question

9 replies to this bug / suggestion

I agree, and a few more thoughts about the map.

1.  It would be nice to be able to zoom back (or click a button) and see all the discovered islands without scrolling.  To keep the mystery of things we haven't found yet, just fit the known islands to the page.  No detail needed for it, just maybe line art outlines of each explored land mass in a vintage map style.

2.  I would like to be able to name the islands.

3.  Would be nice to be able to mark locations on the map.  Need be carrying something to write with, of course.  But I'd like to mark where my buildings, caves, and other interesting things are located.

• Upvote 1

1+2+3 : They need to fix the map first to save your discovered areas, before any of this is usefull.

Some good points, I'd be over the moon if the next up date included the ability to  save your map on multiplayer. For now I just draw what I've seen on a piece of paper. Not ideal, but at least it's something to refer back to.

2 hours ago, Mitch Treader said:

Some good points, I'd be over the moon if the next up date included the ability to  save your map on multiplayer. For now I just draw what I've seen on a piece of paper. Not ideal, but at least it's something to refer back to.

Good, Ive just screenshoted my progress before logging off, stitching up the maps as i go to make a big map, i stopped this awhile ago, as i now have a map in my head, since i used to travel alot for resources, it burns into your head eventually

This is on a Dedi server to btw.

It goes without saying, when we offer suggestions for ways the game could work, that they actually fix the core pieces first.  Before the map can do any of those things, yes, first it needs to work on a basic level.  In fact, this is the best time to make big requests, since they might be working on the core mechanics of it, and they can add in those features or the components they need to add it later.

A couple more thoughts about the map  (I'm still learning the Editor, so if I suggest something already there, just let it slide.  I'm sure I'll find it later.):

- As a tool for Creative mode, add the ability to reveal the entire map all at once one way or another.  Could be an option on the map that's only available if you have the Cube, or a special map that can't be crafted, only accessed through the catalog.

- In the editor, add an option whether or not to show pre-built structures on the map.  If I've built a story that includes a village on one side of the island, maybe I'd like that village to show on the map, you know?

- Maybe add a new map type:  Map Fragment.  Can't be crafted, just added through the editor.  It would only be able to show part of the map, and be an instant full reveal.  Would be useful for mystery scenarios with hidden locations.

Edited by Indomitus
clarification

On 2/9/2018 at 7:24 PM, Indomitus said:

No detail needed for it, just maybe line art outlines of each explored land mass in a vintage map style.

The detail is needed for finding raw materials.  frequently when i was playing I would buzz a whole island with the prop pack and then once all was revealed I could look for the resources I needed as the different ones have different colors.  I'd hate it if that went away.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Onedown said:

The detail is needed for finding raw materials.  frequently when i was playing I would buzz a whole island with the prop pack and then once all was revealed I could look for the resources I needed as the different ones have different colors.  I'd hate it if that went away.

At the regular zoom level, yes.  Zoomed all the way out to see all the islands at once?  That detail's not needed at that level.