McYland

Free deconstruction (pick up) of blocks in a single player survival game

Question

I began to build my first house. But if i make a mistake or want to change the structure, it is not possible! Why can i not pickup my crafted wood items? I have only a few seconds for picking up them. But after one minute i cannot. 

I want to play a survival game and not creative. 
The generator was placed at another place an i cannot craft a new one or pick him up!

This is very frustrating and not funny! 
At this point i am very very disappointed and stopped playing! 

PLEASE - remove this restriction!

Edited by McYland
correction

12 replies to this bug / suggestion

It actually is possible.
You can use a Hammer (If I'm not mistaken) and basically break the blocks. So that's one way to do it..

Also using the hammer to break the blocks actually is more survival like than just being able to pick it up. :P
I mean look at Minecraft (prolly best example?) In creative you can place and destroy blocks in one hit? While in Survival you have to actually 'mine' the block? So yea.

2 hours ago, Eujen said:

It actually is possible.
You can use a Hammer (If I'm not mistaken) and basically break the blocks. So that's one way to do it..

Also using the hammer to break the blocks actually is more survival like than just being able to pick it up. :P
I mean look at Minecraft (prolly best example?) In creative you can place and destroy blocks in one hit? While in Survival you have to actually 'mine' the block? So yea.

Hi,

thank you!

I know that i can destroy a block with the hammer. My suggestion is not do destroy a block, but pick up him.
And i want do this in a local survival game, not in a creative game.

On 2/17/2018 at 6:38 PM, McYland said:

i want do this in a local survival game, not in a creative game.

The issue is that the ability to just change it like that at any time ruins the point of survival and would fall more under creative, the barrier is a kind of middle ground for a base )though it's annoying that once a locations picked you can't change it, but that's for good reason)
If you think you'll want to make a lot of changes often in the save, open it in the editor and spawn in an annihilator then only use it for that purpose in game, it will mean you have to recraft the block though.

17 hours ago, leo_chaos said:

The issue is that the ability to just change it like that at any time ruins the point of survival and would fall more under creative, the barrier is a kind of middle ground for a base )though it's annoying that once a locations picked you can't change it, but that's for good reason)
If you think you'll want to make a lot of changes often in the save, open it in the editor and spawn in an annihilator then only use it for that purpose in game, it will mean you have to recraft the block though.

Thank you for your response!

But sorry - this is not an option for me. BUT if deconstruction with the hammer would be ok for me, if it is

1. fast (1 to 3 clicks)
2. getting 100% of the raw material back.

Anyway... there are many other survival games, without this stupid "functionality".
I am back, if there is a real modification of this.

• Upvote 1

I believe  by using  alchemy  you can craft a strength  potion.. ( think  of  Popeye the sailor man's favorite  food..)  take the potion and  two hits and its pulverized...  i have not   tried it  but it is  mentioned in one of the youtube  "how too"  by keralis ( i think)

Also if you have   your  Protection barrier active,  anything inside that  field can be  deconstructed with a single  hit and its components are returned to  your inventory.

This is a survival  game.¬¬ ...and its a lot  easier than being lost in the  wilderness in real life!

Strange really.. you should play creative mode if you want something easy like that.. Remember in creative mode you will feel survival if  you take creator cube off.. Only downside is there not much Ylands. Oh well you want something easy right? not much Ylands means easy, you don't need to travel far away..

2 hours ago, Velocifer said:

Strange really.. you should play creative mode if you want something easy like that.. Remember in creative mode you will feel survival if  you take creator cube off.. Only downside is there not much Ylands. Oh well you want something easy right? not much Ylands means easy, you don't need to travel far away..

This has been making me crazy. Is it true that in creative mode there are no other islands and biomes? I look and look for birds leaving and I can't find them. It's not just me being stupid?

• Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, bb cakes said:

This has been making me crazy. Is it true that in creative mode there are no other islands and biomes? I look and look for birds leaving and I can't find them. It's not just me being stupid?

@bb cakes what makes you crazy? :DThere are other islands up to 5 islands, other biomes? nope, currently all islands have same biome. Biome and amount of islands each world is depends on what you were set in "Make New Yland" menu. I think there are no birds flying high on between islands in creative mode, so you need to screenshot the shape of preview islands when you are in "Make New Yland" menu. Here is example:298610_20180224192245_1.thumb.png.89a0f591a9ac7154509b99e686f6324c.png

Edited by Velocifer

There are many features that aren't even available in the editor which for use to make exploration Maps. I like to see some of those at least for Creative builds or even custom Island scenarios that do allow multiple biomes.

It is still currently possible to make a composition out of the generator before it has been placed and activated. This at least is one way to get around the limitation if creation is your goal on an exploration map.

In the single player exploration game I don't see any downside to having at least one protective barrier available for each Yland in your world.  I think it would be really cool to be able to easily build an easily changeable base on each yland.  I don't know what the implications would be to the MP part of the game because I haven't and probably wont play that part.  Maybe the devs aren't willing to diverge the sp and mp in any significant manner. 

On 2/17/2018 at 12:33 AM, McYland said:

I have only a few seconds for picking up them. But after one minute i cannot

You actually have a full two minutes. I just plan my builds a bit more carefully,  and step back and look it over. Change what you don't like within the two minutes. I like the challenge in survival.

I also enjoy building in the editor and or editing a survival world, but I consider that as seperate gameplay. I personally like the flexibility of the game and the option available. 

You must realize this game is in early alpha as well.