kimbuck

RESOLVED [YLD-8520] [YLD-9233] unchoppable trees ..and risky movements on a boat's deck

Question

Decided to post this  as  i have  just been  tossed out of my game for the 3rd  time in 20 minutes ...nothing unusual with 0.7 , really, but i have time to report this:

Un-choppable trees ..if you chop down a tree and then destroy the stump before chopping up  the fallen  tree,  there  is a 75%  chance the  fallen trunk  becomes phantom and   you cannot chop  it up.  A rejoin   will fix it.

Risky movement on a boat .....     if you are moving  about on a  boat  deck while its moored,  and  building  superstructure on it,   if you dont  take  care and take  tiny  movements,  you get tossed around the  deck   and  even into the water, which is not  pleasant  if there are  sharks  interested in your  building activities.

climbing aboard your   boat  via the ladder.. sometimes (most times! )   you reach the  top and    stand on the  deck ..treading  water! ... a  tap on the space  key  fixes it.

:D

• Upvote 1

10 replies to this bug / suggestion

I can say my partner and I were playing all day yesterday and we can too report all these things happening.  Its not so much a bother until you go to chop down an orchard to undertake a large building project, and have ghost trees everywhere. I could chop down his ghost tree's as well.
Thank you. 

Edited by I Actually Suck

i can attest to everything that @kimbuck said plus:

• chopped trees have a ~30% chance of becoming phantom even if you don't hit the trunk
  • ladders on ships (rope or otherwise) work less than 10% of the time. i routinely have to try 10+ times before it actually works.
    • it never works if i am in first person
    • the (built-in) rope ladders to board a ship are so dysfunctional that i removed them and created a two level "porch" so i could just swim up, then take a few steps (on placed blocks) to get on the deck.
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the detailed info!

On 16/3/2018 at 10:53 PM, kimbuck said:

Risky movement on a boat .....     if you are moving  about on a  boat  deck while its moored,  and  building  superstructure on it,   if you dont  take  care and take  tiny  movements,  you get tossed around the  deck   and  even into the water, which is not  pleasant  if there are  sharks  interested in your  building activities.

This happened in Multiplayer, right?

Yes, this happens in multiplayer on DS.

I'd also like to add that it can cause your controls to freak out.  For example, if I run across the deck of my boat and it randomly tosses me in the water, my player can get stuck in a falling animation - yet some time switching to swimming then back to falling.  This happened to a couple of people on my DS just last night.  If we made it back on to the boat, each time we jumped our character would do 360s (spin).  Often times other players would report our positions in different spots than we were on our screens.  We did figure out that aiming with a bow or crossbow fixed the issue.  strange.

Just like mentioned above, taking baby steps while on the boat deck seemed to prevent you from being tossed.

Edited by Zilla-87f87f6efec50151
  • Thanks 1

yes  ane,  in MP ....   I resorted to building a  huge glass cage around the control area .... and  if i don't put a  roof on it  i can  bounce over the sides ... ( 6 window units  high!)  and into the water. I Can aim for the helm and  move  and  end up  near the front on the other side of the boat  ... this is on the   small ship  hull   -    i haven't  tried it on a large  hull yet.

A couple of time i have tried to  jump onto my  boat from a side platform and i   end  up bouncing  back where i started ..! ------  Also  climbing the ladders  after swimming back  from being tossed out of the ship,   i get stuck in the  swimming  animation on the  deck ... a tap on the  space  key  fixes  it ...it can also happen some times  when swimming   onto land  ... you  swim  up the  beach!O.o Again  a tap on the space  key  fixes it.

• Thanks 1

I would like to add a fix to this(this does not always work), sometimes if you dig at ether end of the tree it will sink in the ground a bit then you can cut it, this however doesn't always work. I have to sign out then in again to chop to tree down.

Edited by StaticCarbon
  • Like 1

I have also seen someone trying to cut the air, but i can see a tree without its stump, i cut the tree down for the player and it  breaks up were the player had seen it laying but could not cut it.

• Like 1

I'm assuming the problem with phantom chopped trees is in multiplayer too, as I see it there often.  What appears to be happening (my guess, anyway) is the location of the fallen tree is not accurately being represented to the client.  Logging out and back into the session fixes it because once you reconnect the true position of the down tree is being displayed, and your swings are no longer being wasted on empty air.

Whenever I run into this problem I have the host chop up the downed tree, as they always seem to be able to see its correct position (although to me it looks like they're swinging at empty space).

Edited by FVin
  • Upvote 1