kimbuck

white pigment crafting

Question

White pigment can be difficult to craft as there are not many items  available  to use......    chalk, cotton,  flax...birch  bark,  buckwheat ..

It would   be useful if there were  actual  chalk  veins ...( near  cliffs? ) that  could be mined,  or  perhaps   coconut  meat ( copra)  be added to the  crafting 

any  comments ,  anyone?:D

• Upvote 2

10 replies to this bug / suggestion

You can get blue pigment from indigofera and desert sage plants so those are both renewable. The black pigment is probably the most limited with coal and charcoal as the main ingredient, although you can make lots of charcoal in the kiln using wood which is renewable.

the problem is you nearly need black and white for every use with the paintgun. So yes...its tedious to craft. Made 3K white for my boat...its not even half colored -.-

PS:Chalk? I did not find chalk til now...any tipps?

PPS: Any way to havest birch bark without cutting down the tree?

Edited by Apokh

Black is easy.  Start a fire, kill it before it goes out. Boom, ashes.

• Downvote 1

you can   find pieces of  chalk ... while  digging up ore..but they are  like  diamonds... and  gold  coins ...and powder kegs...   they   just appear!  .and a bit of  advice ..if  you  dig  up a powder  keg with a pick ... stop immediately and grab it ..if you hit it again you will   find yourself  back at spawn minus everything!:D

• Haha 1

I guess we just need to start Cotton farm for white pigment, what I did to handle "intense planting" is setup my macro mouse and just let it work until all seeds are planted. xD

Edited by V-Alfred
  • Like 1

On 6/17/2018 at 6:20 PM, bojo2736 said:

Black is easy.  Start a fire, kill it before it goes out. Boom, ashes.

It's easier than that.  Collect wood.  Light your kiln.  Make charcoal.

That works too.  Or just mine coal.  I don't understand why marble doesn't break down to white.

• Downvote 1