Sign in to follow this  
RedEagle_P1.

Making a new exploration map-type.

I find the diving and respawning resources choice in the first option interesting and I expect experienced players might too but would the one biome restrict building styles by preventing people from finding certain plant or tree types?

However as a new player I would personally prefer the barriers because I would not want to struggle learning the build system to discover someone had pickaxed through a wall simply for the delight in spoiling what I had made.

If it was a totally private/whitelist server, I would lean more towards 1 but if it was a public server, probably 2. Maybe wait till the changelog for 0.9 is published?

Apologies, RegEagle - you asked a simple question and will get fifty different answers!

1 hour ago, DanielCoffey said:

but would the one biome restrict building styles by preventing people from finding certain plant or tree types?

It would not as we would plant those and add auto-respawn mines for any resources not easy to obtain. 

1 hour ago, DanielCoffey said:

However as a new player I would personally prefer the barriers

Yes editor maps need barriers bad. 

The first option is pretty much what you already have.  The second option at least has more to explore.  Option two is what is available on every official server.  It seems like this would be a better question asked when 0.9 comes out and we can have some of the options we want.

• Like 1

Wish we had an option 3: exploration map we can setup in editor, then modify it before playing. We used to be able to set up anti griefinglogics before those got pulled from game saves. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mid endian said:

Wish we had an option 3: exploration map we can setup in editor, then modify it before playing. We used to be able to set up anti griefinglogics before those got pulled from game saves. 

That would be great honestly! 

These responses only  just came to my attention as i had a few hours to  spare and looked back over some  posts /threads.  If it  had not been mentioned to me by someone else that i was accused of spreading  hatred,  i would not have  noticed, as from my experience  of  forums,  some things are not worth  reading  or  bothering   about .

ME spreading  hatred?  well   its sure a  surprise to me..

The NA15 experience was a classic example of  how a group tried to be  helpful and  constructive  but became the target  of  unsociable  types  who  came to destroy and not  create. It was frustrating, especially when  called  rude names and  abused by  filthy named  griefers  ...with  young  visitors watching over my shoulder.      BI would  not  like that affecting their  games   reputation  as their  game is PEGI 7..and it needs  a  fix !      Looks like  they are  obliging :D

I normally do not reply to certain posts, feed trolls,  or make  accusations about other  players / posters   but it is apparent here that  my interpreted "hatred"  might be due to a  misunderstanding of  words  due to a language  barrier ..after  all  the aussie  way of saying  things can  be  interpreted different   in other parts of the  world.  "Esperanto"  did not  take off to become   a universal language as its creator  hoped it to be, but in reality it had no  chance as i  do not think the millions in china  would  want  to change:D

All i can say is   with  my  386 + posts, and 1386 hours of playing   Ylands, i have been hopefully contributing to Ylands   and hopefully helping the BI development  team  by putting forward ideas, pointing out  glitches  and  exploits, and making suggestions  how they could fix them etc...all for the enjoyment  of the  game by myself and others. My efforts have  been  constructive in intent, and if you enjoy the  game   then its because not only me,  but a large  group of dedicated   players, with many more  more  posts and many more hours of  playing who have   been pointing out and confirming things that will help the BI team improve the game  further. And the  curbing of  griefer tactics  will go a long way to making this  game even more enjoyable,  only the   griefers will not  agree  with me.:P

I  am not  demanding   things  be   fixed, changed  or  added to suit myself,   and if  something   goes  wrong  i do not   jump up and  down and soil my underwear... i  detail the error and send in the logs as requested, hoping it will help towards a fix and hopefully  help the  BI team.  Also i make suggestions so that  BI can  see what  some players  want, and if it can be done. I have  been told a few of  my ideas are not possible.  Does that worry me? Nah!:D

So  please don't accuse me of  hatred  etc...   look at the many posts from others  about  griefing and who agree,  and there's a lot  of  players   who have been griefed  and do not  complain ..or read these forums ... but  simply give up.

If you want PVP, then go to a PVP server. Most of the griefers  come to  annoy  PVE  players  on PVE servers because  they are easy targets. In a big world with  other PVP  players,  these wannabees would not last   five minutes. Attacking the  harmless peaceful players makes them feel big.(sigh) 

I look forward to the time when  my critic(s) can  say they have played over  1,000   hours....    and then they can  join the rest of  a  growing  group of happy and dedicated players.

Until then    keep playing and be constructive  and act sociable. :)

And   to put the thread back on its wobbly  track.   PVP  for the  PVP minded , PVE for the   explorer/creator.  And these servers should  be identified as such prominently  ..perhaps  with a splash screen at the start advising players of the  status of the play  on that server and  requiring the player to agree to proceed  ..or  be returned to the  menu if they  do not agree...  and the likelihood of a ban if they break the rules.  B|

Hopefully the new  ylands  registered names  might make a few think twice  before breaking the rules... but then  there's always  those who  don't care to abide by any rules.

Peace,  rainbows and  unicorn fa..ts:P

I like Ylands:D  ( insert   here a  group hug! ):x

• Like 3