Sign in to follow this  
Ane

Dev Diary #38

Hey guys!

You may remember that last week Ales said the update would be released this week - or the next one if there was need for more testing. We are really excited to finally deliver you this long awaited update... but since it's Friday and there's no update, you have probably guessed that, yes, a few more days of testing are required. But we're almost there.

Also, as we've been revealing "bits and pieces" of the update for the last few weeks, the info might be a bit disperse at this point, so let me do a quick summary. What can you expect in the "Comfortable Cooperation" update?

• Blueprints, so that you can easily build things without spending much time and/or effort (you just need to gather the necessary ingredients)
  • Our cloud save solution, called Sharegames, so that you can consistently play in the same world even if your friends (aka the person hosting the game) are offline
  • A complete GUI overhaul, with changes like the in-game character panel (that contains the inventory, crafting and such) becoming a full-screen panel
  • The Ylands name, a way of unifying all in-game and game service identities, also possibly avoiding griefing
  • The single character avatar, so that you can stick to your favorite avatar
  • A tighter Workshop integration with the game, with the option to play Workshop scenarios right from the in-game main menu
  • The option to set if in your game players can hurt each other

The other day I read "Is there nothing for us who play in Singleplayer in this update"?, and well, I think this is a start, what do you think? :) It might not sound like a big deal to some, but oh believe us, these are huge features that required a lot of work and now need a lot of testing and fine-tuning.

Moving to another topic - we know that some of you have been missing some larger blocks - especially when creating long walls to block players from entering some spaces, or when trying to create concrete roads for car races. If you're among those, you'll love something we internally call "Big Blocks" (which is a highly original name), which will be part of the 0.10 update.

Related to this, I feel like I should mention the awesome job @JMeJ2did, who compiled ALL building blocks in the game and created some sort of legend. Here's an example:

Screenshot_2.png

I think SHE IS the legend :P

Although this file will soon be obsolete due to the big changes in the following updates, I believe it might still be useful for the time being. So feel free to download the complete file from here ALL BUILDING BLOCKS PDF.rar

And that's it for this week. Hopefully the next time I post something it'll be the 0.9 changelog :P

Have an awesome weekend, ylanders!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7
  • Upvote 1

Wow. ...as I eat my words! I'm stoked about the new update now!!

Edited by JMeJ2
  • Like 1

J'ai hâte de voir tout ça! Vous nous traitez comme des rois. Les meilleurs devs au monde. ;lØ)

Thanks for the "update" on the update :) looking fowerd to the new options (especially the blueprints and the MP offline mode with the new Ycloud :P  ).

• Upvote 3

Looking forward to this. With the racing track blocks...dont forget there must be CURVES ;) (and Loopings xD ).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I recall reading   somewhere  .. that the  area covered by the Protection Barrier is to be increased...is that happening...and if   so,  with  0.9?

o.O

6 hours ago, kimbuck said:

I recall reading   somewhere  .. that the  area covered by the Protection Barrier is to be increased...is that happening...and if   so,  with  0.9?

o.O

Yes and yes :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1