kimbuck

Make PVE games on public serer PVP disabled please

I was just advised by a friend that on NA9  ..(a PVE public server)  she met up  with "adolf"  the  griefer  who ruined  our  help stations on spawn island  and who harassed and killed and robbed me. Now he  has hunted down and killed and robbed her. She made  the  wonderful help station on NA9,  and  moved to another island  to be away from any harassment.

I have seen this griefer's  base ..he  has no work stations, and  all his  stuff is  obviously looted from players he has killed.  He went from nothing to  wearing  armor and  carrying weapons in  just a very short time  and i recognized the armor ( it had been dyed) -   it came from a friend...who was killed and  robbed of all his stuff  just hours before.

As there are no moderators on public  servers,  removing the PVP would at least   reduce the griefing to nuisance acts only..and not this  "kill and   rob"  form of   unfair  play. This   "Adolf" admits he is there for the PVP and has  stated openly as long as it is enabled on any server he will act this way. He is apparently moving  throughout the islands  on NA 9 seeking and killing all the players he can. He  has obviously  ran  out of  victims on   the  spawn island.

So theres  two things here :

1) Petition BI  to make  PVE  games on public  servers  non PVP if they can, and  have it displayed  prominently  on the   join screen

and 

2) If you see an "Adolf" arrive on your server,  expect trouble.  Either  move to another server or move all essential  crops  like cotton and food  into an enclosure  where he cannot  get in and either  steal it or  destroy it...  wall in your  entire  protection barrier area  and expect him to harass you   either verbally  or by other  griefing means. He will place bear traps   around  your building entrances  and  where you mine resources  and he will build   ramps of  dirt  as  close  as he can to  your  PB  edge so he can  jump over  walls. After he  has  done his griefing he will use   the unstuck command to escape.  He will  tame  every horse  he sees and name them after  ww2 war criminals ..some names  offensive to  those  who endured the  holacaust. He will steal ships  take  them to his base and   deconstruct them and use the materials for  his own ships. He will also cut down every tree  around your base.o.O   ( I have his BI account  ref. for any pvte PVE server admin if they ask for it)

If he wants to play PVP he  should go to a PVP server...if  he is  game.:P

Ok - some of you will complain about me  calling him a griefer.  All i can say is   you have been  warned.    

But please BI. -   think about   the non PVP option...   :|

And as a  addition:  If  Dustbunny and  Whosur.. who were on spawn and killed by Adolf  ( or others   from our PVE group) see this post, message  either  me or BB to get details on how to move to the pvte server  we are currently on.  :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I find it difficult to disable PVP. The game is designed to have total freedom to do what we want. Hence the existence of the protective barrier.

I think you could warn the players, and destroy him. It's not about being better or worse but about dealing with a hostile player.

If the players of this server deal with this he will abandon the game because he is lazy and a thief.

I already hate Adolf! I

Edited by BigBoss87

Well   ... -----he has destroyed everyone else's  ability to advance into the game on that  server. There are virtually  no resources available on spawn to  build weaponry to defend,  and besides  he  gets  you as soon as you arrive and  before you can set  up  your  PB. Once hes  run out of raw meat to kill  he will undoubtedly  move onto another  server ... and repeat..

Ylands  explore should be a game  devoid of  racism,  homophobia,  rl politics, anti semitism  and unnecessary violence towards  those who just want to play the game for its  creative   functions etc. It doesn't need offensive  words and   names. But that is  utopia ..which  doesn't   exist   anywhere on this world.

Of  course  Adolph is a legitimate name,   so is  Heinrich, Josef, and other first names...  and  BI cannot  do much about that, but in the game when they  associate themselves  with  things  named after war criminals, murderous  dictators,  or names of ww2 concentration camps, or  just adding   letters "ss" after a Germanic name of a horse... its obvious that the player is doing   roleplay of  someone distasteful and who they admire as a "hero". 

This  guy Adolf is   just a bully, who looks for easy targets to make  himself  feel  big and  good. He is  not the only one  of this  type in Ylands. His physical age is unimportant  but his mental age is that of a pre-pubescent teen.:P

The protective  barrier  will only  protect  you from  dying of starvation  etc   when offline but it will not  prevent  some   bully from killing you and  stealing your possessions. It will stop  people  destroying  buildings  and   modifying terrain etc, but it wont stop them stripping crops  like cotton , and also using an exploit  to cut  down  trees etc  within the barrier. It will not  stop  people  using an exploit  to bypass locked doors  and when inside your property,  clearing out all the chests and container's contents. You have to lock   containers inside your  building  and also place  panels  on the inside of  doorways to block  exploits if you are  going to be offline for a while. It will not stop people  hiding bear traps  outside  doors or in places to catch you.  It will not stop people from killing your  tamed  horses or  animals in pens.

I was killed inside my PB area while distracted  replacing   items  that had previously been stolen from  one of  my plantations... which were placed to help new arrivals.

So far the only  safe MP  game is on a pvte  moderated  MP password protected server. Which spoils the fun, because on a public  server  you can meet and make new friends with some really  nice decent people who like  the  non violence and  find it  enjoyable to co operate as a community.

The unique  Ylands  name is a small step in the right  direction, but then  for  BI to moderate  the servers would take a lot of resources away from the games development.

Also,  moderation has to be independent ...   and  have a means of  verifying  griefing etc.  otherwise  anybody  could  accuse and use the process to to  hurt anyone else... a different form of   griefing.

There are pvp  servers...if  people like that type of play they are welcome  to it. They should go there.

BI  need to think more  about making  PVE  less subject to this unwanted  griefing etc.  I have had several friends   stop playing Ylands  because they are  tired of  not being able to advance into the game to explore  all its  features etc  because  some people like to  get  their  jollys   destroying others  creative  efforts. I have mentioned  Ylands to other friends  but they won't  buy the game  because they are concerned about the griefing drama .. they found it on other MP games and  assume  correctly   Ylands is no different.

My  sympathy  and thoughts  to  those  offended  by  Adolf's   anti social behavior.

Now  back to my  creating on a password protected  server...:D

Do you know where his base is?  I'm on there, managed to get off spawn and build up a bit, and I'm feeling slightly sadistic today.

Regarding moderating:  If BI were to allow it, I would have suggested all moderators band together, exchanging offenders and evidence, and deciding on consistent and fair repercussions for repeat offenders.  Maybe even in a locked subforum right here.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

@Indomitus Enjoy this feeling to help fellow @kimbuck

Knocking down Adolf is the responsibility of the population of this server :D

I think moderation in a game is only meant to prevent dealing with offensive players!

Edited by BigBoss87

I got back to my base to find doors I had locked wide open. No idea how. The only keys were in my inventory and Kim had a set.

I died by my own trap, so I know it is effective.

Some thoughts on griefers in the public forums. 

In a perfect world, two things would happen. Tag items with who made them. Make it so known griefers could only use items they crafted them selves.

Have a few volunteer moderators. Give them the ability in public severs to put players in "time out" - suspend their ability to connect to public servers pending BI review.

This particular asshat needs to be banned from everything on the public servers as far as I'm concerned for his hateful, vile,  and totally voluntary use of Nazi imagery.  Add in his bully tactics and he is torally toxic to the game.

@Indomitus My base  is/was the big grey  building  to the left of spawn with all the trees  ( unless hes  cut them down again)  ----  BB's Base is the working/help area. Apparently  someone  manged to break into some of her buildings  (using an exploit?) and pilfer a lot of  materials .. also  our  fellow member of our  group DK  who was on top if the building has been terminated. If you  continue   around  clockwise  past  the   help area    eventually   you will arrive at piles of  dirt   dumped as a screen    that's his base,,, there's  no workstations  as he doesn't  craft ..he just kills and  robs the  bodies. He has a wooden pier and last  time i saw a ship hull there. As he has a  elaborate ship already , i suspect  that  hull is whats left of someone else's  ship he has deconstructed  for materials for his   ship.

Look for his  horse  Auschwitz  ( how nice!) . Grab a sceenshot with the name and  post it here  som all can see the proof of  his anti-social offensive actions etc.You will also see  quite a few  robbed  bodies  laying around.

Unfortunately, he will keep  returning    ...  and maybe   its better  he is left on NA9  to play with  himself:o rather  than have  him   moving to other servers to destroy/harass their communities.

Whenever i log in to NA 9   to see if  all is safe in my base, and he is on line,   within  minutes  he arrives at my base  and   runs around looking to see if i will come out.  He  usually places a bear trap  at my  front door.:| - If that's not harassment or griefing, then what is it?

My base on the pvte server is  coming along  nicely:D ...i  have learned a  few  extra   artistic  building  skills which you cannot  do when looking over your  shoulder  for any trouble sneaking up on you.

Actually, theres a lot of materials stored inside my base   - i   am feeling tempted  to sneak back and craft up a batch of  weapons and perhaps   surprise him  should he decide to return to harass me. I have been the passive player, as BB and others   who know me can confirm. But sometimes  a gal has to be a bitch:D

...and the  elastic  from my  thong makes a great  bow string  and a  bra  a double barreled slingshot.:$:D

Anyway  it is bed time here, and  as the   fakir  said when he   hammered nails into a sheet of  wood,   "its  time to sleep on it":P

Edited by kimbuck

On NA 9, Conan is also a hostile.  Found my base.  Everything's locked, but I have to start over with my weapons and armor.

Edit:  I got a screenshot of their full ID, if anyone needs it.

Another edit:  Conan now has a GUN, by the way.  It's mine.  I'd like it back.

Edited by Indomitus

OMG  thats   totally offensive  and  yes, it proves that his  name  "Adolf" is  who  he is role playing.

Conan is also an aggressive player on NA9    He   also  denuded the area  around  BB's place  and also mine   by  cutting down all our  trees.

I apologies to any  Holocaust  survivor   for that distasteful  shrine near my place.  It looks  like  I have to  go back and remove it,,,    after i craft  some  weaponry and Armour.

I Hope  BI sees that image  and  takes  action on  Adolf's  account  ..hes  going to  do that wherever he goes   and  its not  nice   for  Ylands reputation.o.O

I just  returned  to look at  my  place in  NA9 ...  the griefer has used  some  form of  exploit to get inside and  filled my place with  campfires,  flint,  bananas and other rubbish .. he also placed on the wall a message  " Adolf was here   . get  rect"  (  German slang   for  wrecked)  The upper  floor is  filled with  unlit  campfires.

I  have appealed to Ane  for a  Ylands account ban  this  guys  going to far.. its more that PVP  Its harassment  and  BI will lose  players if this  type of  action is allowed to continue.

i havent  been outside yet but  expect theres  more   and  i  cannot  upload  screenshots  at the moment.

:|

• Haha 1

After cooling down for a few hours, I've decided I'm done with NA 9.  With my base compromised, and no good way to really secure it again, I can't do anything with it.  I haven't been back, but I can only assume the trees and such are all gone, and the area around the base has been disfigured in some way.

BOHEMIA:  How about a wipe and complete reset on Explore NA 9?

And we all need to seriously discuss what kind of moderation measures BI has in mind for the future.  If it doesn't change, Online MP will be completely unplayable, and BI will lose players in droves.

I'm going to fall back to SP for a while to clear my head, maybe try a couple huge builds.

Edited by Indomitus

ok  guys  explain this  .. and also BI explain how .. I am in a locked up place with all doors    bricked up . Adolf  has got in and put up slogans etc inside my place and filled it  with  rubbish

While i was crafting  new   tool,s  he   entered the building ...dont know  how   and    killed me after  first  dismantling the forge i was using...even though its inside an active PB!

Well  BI ?  what p;;protection are you going to give players   in PVE  from assholes like  Adolf?

Do you want people to play your  game?

Seriously   you have to do something... as i can see  you losing players..

I wont be going to NA 9 again  to clean up    /.you  can wear that offensive   signage and  such!

Am i angry   YES    

Others   playing  MP  be warned .  The protection barrier is  just a   blue light  that  stops you starving when offline  and allows you to  deconstruct  things ...  ITS NOT ABLE TO PROTECT YOU!

THERE  ARE OBVIOUSLY EXPLOITS  THAT ALLOW  GRIEFERS  LIKE   ADOLF    TO ENTER YOUR PROPERTY,  DESTROY YOUR  PROPERTY AND KILL YOU  at will  ...  and  wreck your  game  enjoyment

its not worth  playing  MP  on a public  server.  until  BI acknowledge these   faults and  fix  them.

Please BI   wake  up and  do something to make the  game  safe and  really PEGI 7 !!!!

And those of you   who think this  griefer behavior  is  funny... and laugh .. then  you are no better than the   anti social  misfits  who are causing this trouble.

>:(

i TRIED TO UPLOAD  LOG  FILES  SO YOU COULD LOOK AND SEE HOW  THE  pb WAS  RENDERED INEFFECTIVE   BUT  AS USUAL   ITS NOT  WORKING AND UNABLE TO  UPLOAD.

I'll be honest. I found it funny how you describe everything that happened in your game. That's just it. I've been very upset for much less.

I think everyone who likes Ylands doesn't like this kind of attitude in the game but he comes in and makes this whole mess and even leaving notes on the wall is funny.

Obviously there is work to do in relation to this and the team will look at this situation and learn from it but it takes a bit of calm.

I didn't even dare play on public servers because I knew this was going to happen to me so I don't think it was right but I found it funny.

Sorry for putting a smile on your post but don't confuse finding something funny with finding something right.

@Indomitus  My base was compromised too  i  found    slogans in German  written on the wall  along with " Adolf  was here"    and while i was inside a  walled up  area,  no doors  or  windows,  this  guy   was inside my place  withing  4  minutes of my arrival before he appeared  behind  me  (? how) )   and  then  killed me

Yes they should wipe  NA 9 and also   Adolf  from the  game      and  remove  from the game  certain items that  the griefers can use to exploit and get around the  locked  doors and PB.

Until BI  do  this,  the  MP explore  games will lose players  

Its  disheartening , isn't  it?   you do all this  work  to help  people to lay the  game then  some racist  immature  idiot  arrives and  wrecks it on  you ...and also   everyone else.

Now  you know  why i  am on a pvte server.    Perhaps  you should   contact  Bojo   for details of  our  discord and   join us on a pvtre sane   mp game.

• Upvote 2

@BigBoss87 Understood  but   i am rather  hot  under the collar at the moment  because  the  efforts of   Myself, Bojo and  others  to  help new arrivals  to the game  are being wrecked by idiots like Adolf ..and Conan  who just want to play by their rules and  consider  offensive  behavior  to be the norm.

Bi needs to  wipe  NA 9  to get rid of the  names and  buildings  and  slogans  which are offensive . the should also  wipe  the accounts of those  who  show they have no regard   for others,  socially or  culturally.

Ns  BI should also work to making  PVE  just that, and also  fix the myriad of  exploits  we are seeing   emerging .. which have been reported   since  0.6  and have  not been fixed :|

All we want is  ag me  we  can play and  enjoy ..and it  is an enjoyable  game ,  except  for the  griefers  being allowed to run riot.

If these  guys  want PVP they should go to  a PVP server, but they are little  wannabees   who are afraid of mixing it  with the  big  guys.O.o

• Upvote 2

I came back to find my locked doors under my barrier unlocked and wide open.  No, I didn't leave them unlocked. For one thing, I always lock behind me.  For another they were double doors, and I never unlocked both at the same time.

My keys were on me.  The only other copy, is in Kim's inventory.  Neither one of us took them out of inventory.

So how.  How did they manage to unlock under a protective barrier?

Please @Ane relay to the team that these security exploits are making the game unplayable on the public servers. 

• Upvote 1

From what everyone's describing, it sounds like a hack or a mod of some kind.  If that's the case, then none of the public servers are safe, PVE or otherwise.

To be able to unlock a door within someone else's PB, seemingly without a key?  They would need to be able to view the door's properties, get the code, and make a key to exactly that code.  It's a mod, or they have access to the server itself in the Editor.

When I visited their base, the PB behaved exactly as it should have and I wasn't able to do anything except look around.

Edited by Indomitus

I did a google search and found out there' a readily available  tool for  hacking   pc  multiplayer games like  Ylands ...and   Ylands is on their  list.

need i say more?o.O

Keep off  Multiplayer PVE  public  servers!