Sign in to follow this  
RedEagle_P1.

Could Ylands become the next Minecraft?

I'm going to be honest I never really got into Minecraft I usually play games when I'm pretty tired and I just found the whole system so convoluted by the time I got into it I just didn't want to deal with it. Between the different versions modpacks and all that was going on I found it to be quite user-unfriendly. 

In this respect I feel like Ylands is doing something unique and original. You don't have to put in IP addresses to find servers which makes it a lot more accessible to non-techie users. A lot of modification can be done without any actual mods at all which allows a person with a stock copy of the game to play and build a huge variety of mini-games. 

If these factors which gives me the idea that maybe this could become something bigger that I had originally envisioned. 

Back when I got the game I imagined it being a small game similar to Eco or Pixark or (now) Cardlife which would attract a niche community. However in talking with the developers I get the understanding that they're shooting for something much bigger. 

The in-game editor is already quite powerful and the fact that all of this is within the stock version of the game means that future updates will likely and power us to create even more content. 

It would be awesome to see a thriving creator community like the one that really got started in the early days of Minecraft. 

What do you think does this game have a lot of potential or will the bugs and networking issues hold It back?

@Aleš Ulm @Ane @Madamko @Houp @Berzeger @equieri  @Marci Magyar @bis_icemans_iceman

am I on to the big vision you guys have for the game or is your vision different from what I tried to express here?