Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

We need better boat hulls .. a suggestion

Question

The  current  ship  keels  need a re-work to remove  bugs ..termites and  a  myriad of  other   gripes...

My  suggestion   is to have a  flat bottomed rectangular  shape,  with the   scripts etc  included and an arrow  to  indicate   which is forward.

Then  there  is   available a rand ge  of  add on sides,  keels    decks   bows,  sterns  and  maybe  cabins?   that the builder   adds to the basic  shape ...or  if  desired, create  their own.

This would make it  simpler to  build   ships and   bring in a  wider variety, including  more  modern  shapes.

And  also a  chance to  fix the  current  bugs and  what-nots that plague  ships :)

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

The smaller boats no longer allow for storage to be placed on them.  If this is a design and not a glitch, they need to have some built in storage.  

Sharks still get stuck to the hull occasionally causing lag spikes.

I agree with Kim, I want more styles available.   Building on ships is a skill unto itself, but I'd still like a nice looking ship that I can put together easily.  Kim suggested in an earlier thread having different shaped pieces that you could craft and snap in place.

Ships are still super dangerous, and on more than one occasion, I have been thrown off not to the water, not to the nearest island, but sometimes two islands away.  Not only does this pose a survival challenge, but it can be tough to figure out where you are and how to get back.  Especially if you forgot to make a map.

• Downvote 1

1- It's possible to be ejected in the air ant to die from the fall.
2- Also possible to fall through the boat, into the water, then to die frozen.
3- You can, like me, be propelled to the other end of map, or even beyond..!
4- Difficult to walk on, even with the anchor down.
5- It's sails while going staight, without being able to turn.

also , objects  like lanterns  etc    when placed on a boat ...  seem to " fall through "  the  structure and  disappear ....    if the boat is not   moved  they "may" re appear  after a  relog.... but sometimes i  have sen lanterns  and such that had  disappeared,  hovering  in  space  above the water where the boat  was ...and they are unpick-able  O.o

Can anyone tell me if this items are now craftable? And if not, when they'll be added... and if not... why not?!

Ylands_181203_103616.thumb.png.6d589608c6b153145605ab18fd0eaa31.png
Cheers Chief