Oliver Hope

Merry Christmas Developers

Merry Merry Christmas* to all ylands developers!

All of us at P1 have decided to take this opportunity to thank you for all the hard work you put in to Ylands, no matter how you pronounce it, it’s still an amazing platform for all of us to make art whether using the vast selection of blocks to make massive castles or intricate little creatures or straining the left side of brain with visual scripting to bring our games to life.

Making a game is not easy, a lot of us in P1 have experienced that and we are not attempting anything nearly as big as Ylands. In the Forums you can just see the bugs and criticism pile up higher and higher but that's not what its about right now this is about celebrating all the amazing things you have managed to achieve, all those nasty bugs that have been squashed. Ylands is on the on the path to something big, WE feel it.

I invite everyone to give a personal thanks/note with a reply on this post to show our appreciation to the developers

*For those of you that don’t celebrate Christmas just consider this a massive thank you on a random day of the year : P

Edited by Oliver Hope_P1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I would like to send out a big thank you to @Houp @Aleš Ulm and many of the devs for being so deeply involved in helping out the whole community :D 

Thanks you so much for being such a reachable, communicative team that cares about the community :D -- The involvement you show makes us want to be a part of what you do. 

Edited by RedEagle_P1.
  • Like 3

Ylands developers - I love low poly games and being creative, this game combines those two into something that is really fun, BUT the best part for me has been the editor and its visual scripting I started doing IT at school at the beginning of this year before the visual scripting came out. When it came out I could start learning concepts like arrays, classes  and other things before we had even finished learning if statements and this has given me such boost, not to mention all the practice its given me while i have fun, Iv been able to breeze though my classes and get an A for my year mark. I really see this being an amazing tool for programmers just starting out as well a place where people can use there skills to make fun unique games. 

Thank you again Devs, this game really helped me expand my programming knowledge.

Edit: just noticed this was my 100th post! Seems fitting that im thanking the devs with itxD

Edited by Oliver Hope_P1
  • Like 4

That's half the reason I am here, its so much fun to learn with other people in a limited environment. Having people to bounce ideas off as we make games and work on stuff makes making that stuff so much easier and more fun. 

Thanks devs!

Edited by RedEagle_P1.

Thanks so much for all ylands developers for making this game, really helped me become better at what I like doing!

My sincere thanks to the entire Ylands team, especially to that small team that started this project several years ago.

A year ago I have Ylands, from the beginning I always said that the possibilities it offered were endless, but with each update those possibilities increase exponentially and it is wonderful. Already go more than 2000 hours in this incredible game, I have learned things that I never thought I would learn and all thanks to the great team of Ylands, for offering us this possibility, it is incredible to be able to learn with you.

Happy night and enjoy your well-deserved holidays:)

• Like 1