RedEagle_P1.

How did you find Ylands?

I saw it on Youtube.  Jacksepticeye did an episode late 2017 and I thought it looked fun.

Steam I think...can't really remember.

Just saw it and said "hey, this is like Minecraft but prettier" and bought it lol

A friend told me about it (that works here too ☺️) and I loved it. And the first video I watched about it was by...Red ?

• Like 1

I heard about Ylands the first time in LEVEL (czech games magazine) in the end of the year 2015. It was basically said to be czech lowpoly version of Minecraft, but with more freedom. Which sounded great. With this screenshot attached, it really got my attention. 

3902942_.jpg.7ae6a630c296f8f3bb3faab0ec859f18.jpg

Unfortunately, at that time, I wasn't used to buying games myself and my birthday were a month before. So I had to wait for the Christmas. But I was carefully watching anything about the game. So the first changelog I've seen out was for 0.03 - Egyptian Euphoria, just weeks after the very first 0.01. But because of some problems with redeeming the bought game I played Ylands for the first time about a week later after Christmas. It was an amazing experience! It was absolutely new with no guides, no tips nor tricks. I've seen everything there was to see featuring Ylands at the time. Literally. Well it thankfully wasn't that much at the time. Even including some Spanish videos that I didn't understand at all. So the whole game was there waiting to be discovered. It had its magic to be honest. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

Wow! Great origin story @Miguel Preguisa and I hope you still enjoy the game as you did back then...or even more? ? Hope to see a screenshot or two from you in the contest ☺️ 

Ylands is a love that doesn't go away ???

Right now, I don't play on the computer too much. But I always try new updates as soon as possible and because I prefer single player, I'm now expanding my old Explore yland. I would say that about half of my computer playtime belongs to Ylands. I unfortunately lost all many my oldest screenshots but I may shoot some new ones. Will look onto it :)

PS: Aso the new update look like something I would really enjoy, so looking forward to it. 

Edited by Miguel Preguisa
  • Like 1

Keralis was doing a let's play.  I downloaded it the first day of Steam release. Almost 3000 hours now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

Keralis was doing a let's play.  I downloaded it the first day of Steam release. Almost 3000 hours now.

Keralis and GraceKain Gaming were my favorite YouTube Ylanders ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

Same here! Found the game a few days before the steam release, so I had to wait. 

Keralis let's play was awesome - hopefully he get's back to after the official release.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2019 at 10:44 PM, RedEagle_P1. said:

Ahh Keralis, if only we could bring him back :D 

I had some contact with him last year(after gamescom), at that time he was open for it, I am sure if @Adam Snellgrove contacts him before the 1.0 release he will jump in again to make a new series after it, a lot has changed since his last episode ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/17/2019 at 4:25 AM, A3_Melle said:

I had some contact with him last year(after gamescom), at that time he was open for it, I am sure if @Adam Snellgrove contacts him before the 1.0 release he will jump in again to make a new series after it, a lot has changed since his last episode ?

Maybe he will again in 1.0 :D:D

• Like 1