Kramft

RESOLVED [YLD-18647] Constant short freeze/lag every few seconds since update 0.14

Question

9 replies to this bug / suggestion

i can agree...its like  running into an invisible  wall ...   or   you  stop for a couple of seconds ... watching water....its  normal  then there's a  quick  movement like a catch up ... then normal.

i do not have logs as i am currently  trying to put things  back together after Ylands  hung up on me ...   after 2 attempted  log ins  lasting 6 minutes .. the last one  got me in but then a serious  crash where i had the  log out wheel  over the games  menu screen ..and  hung  for  6 minutes until my computer  fell over. 

I am now   trying to get back, but steam is  not co operating,  i clicked play to get back into ylands and it too fell over

Not happy.

This is getting stranger. Although this game has been published as multiuser I found that it was now (since update 0.14) set as not published. I published it again and gave the new id to the friend I play the game with and they are getting the message: "Game can no longer be found online. It has most likely been terminated by its host".

I quit the world and closed/restarted Ylands. Gave my friend the new id and they still get the same message.

One interesting thing here is that I am not getting the constant lag now!!!!

I then got my friend to start another world we have played and I was able to connect to them without any problems.

BTW we play across our local network.

20190908163003_1.jpg

i was asked  by  steam to  install  ylands ..although it showed me as playing 3017  hours...    anyway  after  a 4  minute log in torture,,i got back in

I dunno.

I added extra animals. Every time I get anywhere near them, I start stuttering/freezing like crazy. Once I get away from them, it gets better, just like it used to do a year or so ago.

I think I have two issues here and have now created one for the local network connection error.

I am still getting the constant freezes however I do have periods where there are less of them.

Some worlds give higher frame rates and less freezes and it seems to relate to the complexity of the world.

I have played for a few hours today and didnt get the constant freezing at all!!

One thing I noticed was the return of the "Retrieving Data" message at the start. This went missing after 0.14 update and has returned since your connection fix.

Anyway as far as I am concerned it is back to the way it was.

Do you still want me to send a savegame?

cannot  tell ..its   taking me over 6 minutes  of waiting to get into a game ...i have to task manager out...

tried  several times  ...   giving up for the day 

• Thanks 1