Sign in to follow this  
Hunter-Over-Fire

KNOWN ISSUE [YLD-29956] Exploration Island Hopping Bug

Question

I don't know how it happened, but I do know when. for some reason, a bug occurred when I was hopping between worlds in Exploration Mode that caused all the placed blocks on my ship to disappear. It also made it impossible to disassemble the ship for re-construction.

Before:

gLITCH 1.jpg

After:

gLITCH 2.jpg

Edited by Hunter-Over-Fire
  • Upvote 2

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

I have seen this bug before. Sometimes unsummoning and re summoning the ship can fix it.....other option is restarting the game entirely.  If all else fails try sailing to another map.

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, spiritchaser28 said:

I have seen this bug before. Sometimes unsummoning and re summoning the ship can fix it.....other option is restarting the game entirely.  If all else fails try sailing to another map.

I've tried all of these multiple times and they don't work.

59 minutes ago, Hunter-Over-Fire said:

I've tried all of these multiple times and they don't work.

Hmmmm was this a blueprint build? Or did you make the ship from scratch in exploration? I've seen a few bugs occur with blueprints and I figured a few things out that work and don't work. The hull and aft pieces dissapearing is completely NEW to me.  Also....what are the fence walls made of on this ship? Are those the blocks you are seeing that vanished?. I know ships have a bug with plant pots vanishing also.....and I have seen multiple blocks vanish if it's a  blueprint. There's a bug I pointed out with blueprints and vanishing blocks that seem to adhere to the different maps they were created on in editor. 

All that being said, I have also seen other bugs with vanishing blocks on ships that aren't related to blueprints......so if it is not a blueprint build my first suggestion would be check your file integrity on Steam.....if that checks out to be ok then the second suggestion I have would be include your input/output logs in the bug report section here. 

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

@NICO14973 discovered that re-entering exploration via the recent games tab can fix it.
In his case the cause of the problem was likely a poor internet connection.

Hi there! 

Thanks for letting us know and sorry this is happening to you :( ! Good news is that this looks like a known issue and we are working on a fix, which will likely come with the release of 1.7! 

sorry-i-have-to-fix-this-gif.gif

• Thanks 2

I can send my ship into build mode now. Thanks, but now I can't take it out of build mode. When it is in build mode, it isn't in the sense that the game doesn't detect that it's in build mode, therefore I'm unable to actually build. I can take it out of build mode by exiting and re-joining, but it doesn't fix the issue.

P.S, Hopping between worlds seems to have gotten rid of this. I'll keep my eye out just in case.

Edited by Hunter-Over-Fire
  • Upvote 1