NICO14973

POSSIBLY Lever to open gate on ship

Question

I think this can be done in the editor, but it could be amazing to have something similar to it on exploration. It would be amazing to link a button/lever to trigger things on ships, like opening this small wooden gates.

Ylands_210606_213049.thumb.png.3db946de8f6e99032ffc3e19bdf25182.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

i thank it be neat to do it with ropes and pulley. or did you have a another way in mind

• Upvote 2

Sounds interesting! I'll definitely add it to our list of suggestions and will discuss it with the team! :) 

thank-you-icegif-7.gif

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, bobo198312 said:

i thank it be neat to do it with ropes and pulley. or did you have a another way in mind

Didn't really thought of how to implement it, but your idea its amazing, would make it really fun that way. Maybe being able to connect it the same way energy things are connected.

@Nikki Severin please have his idea in mind when discussing it haha :D

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 6/7/2021 at 1:50 AM, bobo198312 said:

I would think it could work like the energy connectors and switches. A lever connected to doors and gates. Have a "rope connector " tool.....we would also finally be able to craft buttons and levers....not just the 2 energy switch options. (I would prefer a button to turn my lights on instead of the bulky switch)....They mentioned they are going to have a few updates focused on ships and energy after they get done polishing Eploration....so I guess we just wait and see.

• Like 3

What if there was a way you could fire the cannons without having to man them? maybe you could hit a button to fire all of the connected cannons?

• Like 3