Sign in to follow this  
JonathanHunt

RESOLVED empty random site at compass pin point?

Question

image.thumb.png.1188c73fc252a8877e7bb8e891f45136.pngoutput_log_clean.txtoutput_log.txt

I was exploring when i found this random site with my compass. It seems to have no structure or items laying around of any kind. I'm wondering if this could be a bug of some sort.

on another island in the same world, there's another random site which has the same issue but without flattened or reshaped terrain. I thought it might've been the metal box in the sky you get the mark 1 armor from, but i could not see any, tried digging in case it was buried but still nothing.

I attached reference logs in case of convenience:

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

Edited by JonathanHunt

9 replies to this bug / suggestion

Old problems with map generators, this was continuously changed as map generator and random encounters were evolving. Mentioned issue was partially fixed in 1.8 and completely in 1.10, also whole encounter visual on compass was changed in 2.3 so it become obsolete anyway.

7 hours ago, JonathanHunt said:

image.thumb.png.1188c73fc252a8877e7bb8e891f45136.pngoutput_log_clean.txtoutput_log.txt

I was exploring when i found this random site with my compass. It seems to have no structure or items laying around of any kind. I'm wondering if this could be a bug of some sort.

on another island in the same world, there's another random site which has the same issue but without flattened or reshaped terrain. I thought it might've been the metal box in the sky you get the mark 1 armor from, but i could not see any, tried digging in case it was buried but still nothing.

I attached reference logs in case of convenience:

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

I have already reported this problem to Nikki, they will solve it.

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.d094b48f026d285265c99fe8c41bf610.png

found a empty random site underwater. all that's there is the bouy and item debris floating on the water's surface.

@Jarda good to know

• Like 1

@Jarda I reported it to her also. I'm sure it will probably be addressed in the next hotfix. I think that the encounter is actually supposed to be there, but someone must have forgotten about a step needed for it to be in game.

If you use freecamera and look below the encounter areas like these, you will see a pink dot. I think that means something actually should be there.....oh well human beings making mistakes is a fun part of life.

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 1

I'll use the freecamera when  i come across these empty sites. thanks for the tip.

Edited by JonathanHunt

13 hours ago, ocnoglittle said:

I thought there was always a pink dot ?

Hmm you may be correct. I only used free camera to look under the empty random encounters and noticed it.

Hey! 

We're aware of this issue and are working on getting it fixed ?

Thanks for letting us know though, always encouraged!