Ane

0.18: Endless Exploration (27/10/2016)

CHANGELOG

Endless Exploration - 27/10/2016

THE_LINE.png

What was so far called "Survive" mode is now the "Explore" scenario. In this scenario a large map will be created and various types of ylands (with diverse biomes) will be part of it, being able to travel to the different ylands on the map by boat. For the exploration to be easier just look at the sky and follow the birds, they'll help you find the other ylands. Having a map with you might also be a good idea :) (as long as you have it in the hotbar, your path will be stored) 

THE_LINE.png

HIGHLIGHTS

• New Explore mode (instead of survival)

THE_LINE.png

NEW FEATURES

• Equippable items' tooltip now shows info about which equipment slot they belong to 
  • Added reset hints button 
  • Launcher now uses the same language that the player has set in the game (or system language, if they're running the launcher for the first time)
  • Added sounds for rowing, some animal deaths and harvesting 
  • Added sounds for fires, doors and containers
  • Added sound of hitting glass 
  • All veins redistributed over the climate zones

THE_LINE.png

NEW ASSETS

• Bamboo raft
  • Wooden raft
  • Boat
  • Captain uniform
  • Map
  • Leather parchment

THE_LINE.png

FIXES

• [Mutiplayer] You can now see where exactly the other players are aiming at with their guns 
  • Animals don't wake up now when player is far away from them
  • All flora growth time is shorter now
  • Trees are not harvested for wood anymore, the new action is called "collect wood"
  • Target slot now gets highlighted when hovering over equippable item
  • Changing active panel to Crafting/Inventory/Cube resets selected filter category to all, resulting in less confusion
  • Animals won't attack players in vehicles now
  • Elevating to a water surface is much faster
  • You create your path in the first map in the hotbar (if you have more than one). You do not have to have the map as an active item, just in the hotbar
  • Map is now easier to craft (leather, not paper)
  • Out of ammo warning is no longer shown when equipping a gun that, while not having ammo in inventory, still has some ammo loaded

THE_LINE.png

COMING SOON

Coming Soon to your ylands… Boats & Buccaneers!

You thought we were done with the boats? No way, sir! We want the ships to be as awesome as possible - and what is more awesome than ships? BIGGER SHIPS! And what is more awesome than big ships? SHIPS THAT YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE! And part of the joy of having awesome things is to show off in front of your friends, right? So we'd like to make the Multiplayer experience as smooth as possible as well. 

• Upvote 1

BOOOOOOOOATS !

Yeah ! Good job Ylands Dev. Team. I'm know waiting for a PvP scenario using boats :P And by the way, how is the modding support going on ?

• Upvote 2

On 10/27/2016 at 7:11 PM, starwarss said:

BOOOOOOOOATS !

Yeah ! Good job Ylands Dev. Team. I'm know waiting for a PvP scenario using boats :P And by the way, how is the modding support going on ?

We will be posting a document about our plans for modding and sharing of player-made content in couple of weeks. Hopefuly that will answer at least some of your questions :)

Update: 1/11/2016
Version: 0.18.25585

• In Explore scenario there is more daylight
  • Fix: naming your avatar did not work most of the time

Update: 2/11/2016

Version: 0.18.25728

• Fix: Crafting panel was broken after picking a specific set of items

Update: 16/11/2016

Version: 0.18.26159

• Fixed the issues where under some circumstances holes appeared in the terrain (this, however, won't affect already saved games where the holes need to be filled in by dirt manually, via Terraformer or from Editor)
  • Fixed the possible reason why at 1366x768 resolution it was sometimes impossible to open the Crafting panel by clicking the tab
  • Crafting panel can now also be accessed by a hotkey (default: N)
  • Reduced the number of birds flying between the ylands in the Explore scenario so that now it's easier to use them for navigation
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ane said:

Fixed the issues where under some circumstances holes appeared in the terrain (this, however, won't affect already saved games where the holes need to be filled in by dirt manually, via Terraformer or from Editor)

Great news! :D 

It was a little too close last time. But on the other hand, I'm getting better with terraformer. xD

2016-11-15 (2).png2016-11-15 (4).png

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MichalMynář said:

Great news! :D 

It was a little too close last time. But on the other hand, I'm getting better with terraformer. xD

2016-11-15 (2).png2016-11-15 (4).png

OMG lol that could have been bad

3 hours ago, Ane said:

Version: 0.18.26159

• Fixed the issues where under some circumstances holes appeared in the terrain (this, however, won't affect already saved games where the holes need to be filled in by dirt manually, via Terraformer or from Editor

What was the issue? I am very curious!

On 16/11/2016 at 4:55 PM, Gracekain said:

What was the issue? I am very curious!

Just some evil creatures messing with our ylands! But they're under control now, we are safe :P (if you're wondering, it wasn't triggered by any specific action done by a player)

• Upvote 2

it seems, you made a huge progress in game, since i played it last time... maybe its time to go back to play :)

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Barsian said:

it seems, you made a huge progress in game, since i played it last time... maybe its time to go back to play :)

And there is more coming our way, my dear Barsian! :P 

On 27. 10. 2016 at 3:43 PM, Ane said:

Map is now easier to craft (leather, not paper)

I just want to point out that leather is much more rare than paper. Animals are not respawning (at least what I experienced) so leather is not a renewable material and there are few animals on one yland (I even found one yland with nothing but seagulls and crabs). Paper is made from trees which are everywhere and are easily replanted. I know that you need Cooking Pot and Paper Press to make a paper but I think its still easier to get than leather. But its true that its quicker to get and that could be practical in Explore scenario.

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, MichalMynář said:

I just want to point out that leather is much more rare than paper. Animals are not respawning (at least what I experienced) so leather is not a renewable material and there are few animals on one yland (I even found one yland with nothing but seagulls and crabs). Paper is made from trees which are everywhere and are easily replanted. I know that you need Cooking Pot and Paper Press to make a paper but I think its still easier to get than leather. But its true that its quicker to get and that could be practical in Explore scenario.

Animals don't respawn? I am so glad i let the goat live!

On 27-10-2016 at 3:43 PM, Ane said:

And part of the joy of having awesome things is to show off in front of your friends, right? So we'd like to make the Multiplayer experience as smooth as possible as well. 

Does that mean the explore mode will work in multiplayer after this upcoming update or is multiplayer still limited to island size = 1 ?

• Upvote 1

This is a really big one for me. Having the explore gamemode work in multiplayer would help me convince my friends to purchase the game. As of now multiplayer is too much of a hassle to do any sort of survival gamemode in. It also is still quite a bit glitchy(im sure the devs are well aware and have probably already fixed a lot of it with the new update). I think having a challenging survival gamemode would really make this game an awesome multiplayer experience. As of now there isnt a ton to do with the multiplayer other than mess around with the spawn items or build random stuff.

The Explore mode won't be playable in Multiplayer yet, unfortunately. In this upcoming update we fixed several Multiplayer related issues, but the yland size limitation is a rather big thing.

Anyway, this week we'll post a Dev Diary that will explain this more in detail :)