Ane

Early Access plans!

Dear ylanders,

Ylands is a game that we intend to work on for many years to come. We have tons of ideas that we want to implement, but before we get to those truly special and unique ideas, we need to have a solid foundation to build on. That, for us, means Ylands 1.0, and that is exactly where we'll be when we leave Early Access.

Ylands 1.0 is planned to be released in summer 2018. Before we get there, we need to fix a lot of bugs, properly balance several game systems, and improve game performance and the multiplayer mode. But we'll also add some new features that we feel should be part of version 1.0.

When we originally released on Steam Early Access, we anticipated that it would take about 5 months to graduate to a full release. Since then, we decided to increase the scope of the game, and we now have a clear understanding of what it will take to reach our goals for Ylands version 1.0. Therefore, we can now confidently say that Ylands will officially release in Q4 2019.

Please note: even after that, you'll still receive regular, free updates and not much will actually change from your point of view.

In case you want to know more about our Early Access, feel free to ask on our forums or read our weekly Dev Diaries and Ynterviews where we regularly talk about upcoming updates.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, BigBoss87 said:

I'd like to know if you have a prediction for pets.
So much good there :)
Thank you

You mean what specific pets there will be? There's not much info we can share at this point, since they will come in 2018 :)

• Thanks 1

For the exploration: will there be "infinite" generated worlds? Or maps that are waaaay bigger, with 50+ islands, some being a lot larger than the islands we have now?

• Upvote 1

We'll share some more info on that in the upcoming Dev Diary :)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

To me building a space shuttle and going to space to explore other planets would be the ultimate exploration mode, hope to see this happen.

• Upvote 3

Awesome! Could you perhaps include anything on making the world's ecosystem more robust? As in, have plants very slowly grow in the right biomes even without seeds? For example if the starter island hasn't got any cotton anymore, it could regrow really slow to keep playability up on bigger MP servers. Same goes for animal respawning :)

For ores I was thinking about making them very abundant on for example the polar islands and on the sea bottom. You should be able to get some to start from the islands, but to get vast amounts for huge projects it would be nice to go to these "tougher" places.

• Upvote 4

I was curious to know if you guys still have programmable machines in the works? The thought of having a machine to program to mine or cut down trees for me is such a nice one to have.

• Upvote 1

Pets!!  Sounds so wicked! I want to tame a bear!  Better yet a shark!! sharks possibly?? maybe??

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, CoolPrius said:

I was curious to know if you guys still have programmable machines in the works? The thought of having a machine to program to mine or cut down trees for me is such a nice one to have.

That is still planned, yes :)

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, MrFred360 said:

Will there be again first person animations before 1.0 ? :D

Yes, they said in teh countless colors Dev Diary video.

11 hours ago, Shadow72 said:

Are you guys still planning on having modding support?

Yes.

• Thanks 1

Just want to say a big thank you to the Devs....game at launch is excellent for a little over £10.00 the game content,optimisation and play-ability is top notch, tips hat to you all ! don't listen to the toxic few....you have done a sterling job on this EA game. PS could we have PvE options please....

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 5.12.2017 at 3:27 PM, Ane said:

You mean what specific pets there will be? There's not much info we can share at this point, since they will come in 2018 :)

I would like to see somtheing like rabbit,wild bear, etc. but to get them we would need to feed them everyday and care for them to them to be royal :D and every pet should have a unique "ability" like maybe rabit to find holes that would be maybe good to explore like some mines or caves, bears to find honey and protection and etc... i cant wait new update. <3 

• Upvote 1

will the servers support more players and will you make the game pvp like raiding bases attacking to another islands, for example if you can build in one island and attack to another island and raid someone there and then get back to your island. 

will you work more on pvp or just pv

Me and my friend played together on a private server, well only I had the rights to the server. So I needed to be online when he wants to play or test something to build. Is there a possibility that in the future, more than one person has the rights to host the server with the same map? Maybe password secured?

It would be nice aswell, if there were more admin commands, like one time my Friend respawned at a totally diffrent Yland after spawning in a ship. We never found us so we gave up that world.... (sadly :( ) It would be nice to have a teleport comand for players, or a time set to... command to have daylight, even maybe an command to set the current weather.

But now to something totally diffrent. On another world me and my friend build a steam powered ship. The gray steam engines look sooo cool on it, we even build a chimney,(sort of, thingy...). It would be sooo cool to have a "chimney block" to put onto the engine, that would smoke at the top, only to extend the height of the chimney, it would be an additional block like the one to make it look longer. And additoinal to this theme, (I know theres a lot of boat stuff) how about to have more ship accessoirs, me thinking of, ship bells, figures to put under the nose of the ship, horns (only functioning with engines), self designable flags (just patterns in diffrent colours to choose from) or accsessible bird nests...

Thats what im really looking forward to and I'm really hope this to be real soon, (even if its summer 2018)

(sorry for my bad english :D)

Greetings OpaBear