Flo Le

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-7939] Game freezing in crafting menu

Question

Hi,

i have an issue with the crafting recipes in the crafting menu. Whenever i start a game and progress far enought, my game is freeting when opening the crafting menu oder scolling down in the crafting menu (depends on how much posible recipes i have in the menu) now i startet a game wirth only a very few ressources so far and the game is freezing when i try to open the crafting menu. All was good, as long as i had no lether in the inventory. With the lether in the inventory, my game is freezing again. i have a sceenshot (a very bad, i know, but i reacted to slow for a better one). The screenshot shows all the materials ia had. Without the lether, i could open the crafting menu and do whatever i wanted to do. There need to be a corrupted recipe, which needs lether.

Please let me know, if you need any more Infomation about it. I realy want to get this fixed. I realy enjoy the game so far, but can't play it for long and can't realy begin to build much.

Best regards

Florian Lemmer

PS.: I had an issue with the forum here the last time and sent you and email. Sorry for that. But now i am trieing to go the right way. ;)

IMG_20171207_230830_resized_20171207_112633853-1.jpg

107 replies to this bug / suggestion

Good morning, 

Thank you for looking into the issues. I fully understand its an EA and we will likely get some of these issues. You guys made a great looking and really fun to play game. I watched a couple of videos and was instantly hooked and was eager to get it. 

I have attached the DxDiag that you requested. I will do anything I can to help as like I said I am super excited to be able to play more of it. 

EclipseDxDiag.txt

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Eclipse6980 said:

Good morning, 

Thank you for looking into the issues. I fully understand its an EA and we will likely get some of these issues. You guys made a great looking and really fun to play game. I watched a couple of videos and was instantly hooked and was eager to get it. 

I have attached the DxDiag that you requested. I will do anything I can to help as like I said I am super excited to be able to play more of it. 

EclipseDxDiag.txt

I cringed the moment you said it an EA.  Thinking you were referring to EA  Sims Expansions.  Thank goodness we won't have to worry about expansion packs like that.

have an ATI radeon grafik too -> HD 5670 I've seen, the drivers were not up to date and just updated them. I'll test it again now... let's see, what happens ;)

Edit: Got through the crafting menu. an "s" was enought in the searchbar for freezing instantly again. After the Game freezing... naturally the Win- System had a crash too. Happens mostly, when i am not fast enought with shutting down the frozen Ylands via task-manager. ;)

My System:

Win 10 pro Version 1703

Systembuild 15063.786

Processor Intel Xeon CPU E3-1220 v5 @ 3GHz

RAM 8,00GB

grafik: ATI Radeon HD 5670

Edited by Flo Le
  • Thanks 1

Running a sapphire pcie radeon hd5750 1024M. Hope this helps you fix the issue!

DxDiag2.txt

Edit: Also posted my last crash and error log. Most cases i wont get a log at all, the game will just crash and not respond

output_log.txt

error.log

Edited by Balsm7
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ane said:

After taking a closer look at the issue, it seems to be somehow linked to the person's PC. If you guys sent us your DxDiag reports it would help us a lot.

For the time being you can also try updating drivers and try disabling some other resident apps like fraps, peripherals control centers etc.

If you'd rather not send us your DxDiags, telling us your CPU/video cards would help too.

If there is anything you want me to try just let me know. I can reproduce the crash easily in my current saved game everytime. I've been trying different things such as running admin, turning off anything running in the ground, updating display drivers, different resolutions/ingame video settings. Nothing I've tried yet has stopped the crash. Some instances of the crash my monitor will shut right down into standby and go black. I have no choice but to hit the restart button on my PC...

Must be tough trying to fix an issue you can't reproduce on your end...Good luck!

Edited by Balsm7

1 hour ago, Iseitaku1 said:

Where do i send my dxdiag file without making it public?

I dont think anyone can open your .txt file to see your specs. 

Edited by Balsm7

4 hours ago, Iseitaku1 said:

Where do i send my dxdiag file without making it public?

You can send me a private message with it. Thanks to those who are attaching the files! :)

Now, i found the file :D... or better: Now i saved it. Haha... was looking for it everywhere. Did not know, i needed to save the Information myself first after running the dxdiag programm ... sry for beeing late with the Dxdiag file :P

DxDiag.txt

EDIT: Was testing a bit more. With newer drivers, i still have the issue in the crafting menu... when searching for Items with "s" or "la". But it seems like there are less random freezing situations. Perhaps, the drivers can make a difference. It's still not enought... but a differens :P

Will try other freezing situations too. I'll tell you later ;)

Edited by Flo Le
  • Thanks 1

Argh, confirmed still crashing. Considering reinstalling game and giving it another shot?

7 hours ago, Iseitaku1 said:

Just to be clear the latest update wasn't meant to fix this bug right?

No, we're still looking into it.

23 hours ago, Sleekx said:

still crashed lol. creating new exploration. hopes hopes 

Did creating a new game work for you? Considering reinstalling steam / ylands and giving it a go

I have the same wish, yes. But let them have their time, they need to do so. So far, they could not reproduce it. Therefor, they could just fix other problems first. That's only natural. ;) But now, they got more and more information. Sure, they'll do as much as possible :D and yes. I can't wait too :P

Installed my wifes hd 4830 tonight on the same PC and I was able to scroll through recipes without any issues. Defiently seems related to my hd 5750 video card for sure. Attempting to rollback to some older drivers to see if the current driver is causing the problem

• Thanks 1

Just so that you guys are aware, most of the team is on holidays now, so this won't be fixed during Christmas. I hope you understand.

sure. We can all undestand it ;). Perhaps, there are Solutions by users in short time. If it is a problem, using some older radeon hd grafic cards, perhaps someone can find a solution with another (not sure if older or nit) drivers. Can smoeone tell, if there are cheap grafic cards, which are working like they should do? Thinking about, organizing another grafic card to play it to the fullest :D

On 12/22/2017 at 4:26 AM, Ane said:

Just so that you guys are aware, most of the team is on holidays now, so this won't be fixed during Christmas. I hope you understand.

I broke down and decided to upgrade my video card. Not just for this game but also because I've needed one for awhile. My GPU was the bottleneck on this PC for sure. Christmas season allot of good deals right now. I picked up a gforce gtx 1050, installed current drivers and havent had an issue with the crafting window since. Running approx. 100fps now with the odd lag spike here and there. 

The issue is related somehow to older video card drivers, likely AMD specifically. Good luck fixing the issue! I hope for the others here your able to find a solution asap because this game is easy worth every penny. Not many games I'll dish out the money to upgrade some hardware but with ylands I didnt hesitate for a second. 

Happy holidays to the team! 

Edited by Balsm7
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1