Antimidation

RESOLVED [YLD-8180] H key + right click bug

Question

There is still a malfunction with certain selected objects, lets take the assets/props you can place for the stern and bow of the ship. These are large pieces that come in to customize and add to the ship hull, i'm not exactly sure why this happens, in early access games there are lots of bugs and sometimes games just flat out deteriorate as you play. When you select objects such as the ones I mentioned and hit the H key to select a rotation option, the entire object vanishes from the screen, anytime you select an option other that the default the hot key starts you on objects you want to place in the world go away, you have to go back and rebuild it to place it....then does it does it all over again. A restart is normally needed to fix these things but it doesn't always work. These are things I think need to be fixed asap. Thank you.

• Upvote 1

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

It happen to me as well, especially built something on the ship. Still don't know why, it happens sometimes. And it's happened not only on specific object.

4 hours ago, Antimidation said:

There is still a malfunction with certain selected objects, lets take the assets/props you can place for the stern and bow of the ship. These are large pieces that come in to customize and add to the ship hull, i'm not exactly sure why this happens, in early access games there are lots of bugs and sometimes games just flat out deteriorate as you play. When you select objects such as the ones I mentioned and hit the H key to select a rotation option, the entire object vanishes from the screen, anytime you select an option other that the default the hot key starts you on objects you want to place in the world go away, you have to go back and rebuild it to place it....then does it does it all over again. A restart is normally needed to fix these things but it doesn't always work. These are things I think need to be fixed asap. Thank you.

Hello Antimidation. I have the same bug but fortunately there is a work around for MOST of these objects. you can place the unbuilt object in your hotbar this always works for me and no restart needed. gl and happy gaming. 

3 hours ago, handofthesly said:

I can confirm this happens to me a lot as well

6 minutes ago, Velocifer said:

It happen to me as well, especially built something on the ship. Still don't know why, it happens sometimes. And it's happened not only on specific object.

4 hours ago, Antimidation said:

Hello Antimidation (and others) . I have the same bug but fortunately there is a work around for MOST of these objects. you can place the unbuilt object in your hotbar this always works for me and no restart needed. gl and happy gaming. 

5 hours ago, Antimidation said:

ditto

2 hours ago, Jacob Ellinger said:

Hello Antimidation (and others) . I have the same bug but fortunately there is a work around for MOST of these objects. you can place the unbuilt object in your hotbar this always works for me and no restart needed. gl and happy gaming. 

Alright I'll try that tonight, thank you for suggestion

I have the same problem with "H" key and rigth click. It just cancel placing objects most of the time.

We managed to fix this issue and will appear as fixed in one of the upcoming updates.

Holding H and RMB is no longer canceling the placing but rotating the object as expected.