Hello everyone, Recently began playing Ylands with some friends and has been an occasionally frustrating but overall fun experience. I saw some post in the past but this question was not directly answered so I would like to ask if breeding animals is currently implemented and if so what the conditions are. I noticed in a few posts that animals may be spawned with the use of the console and that they may possibly respawn slowly over the course of a few in-game days. My question is more tied to the mechanic rather than spawning.

Thank you for your time,

-Elendien

No their is no breeding yet, would really be great to breed some animals for resources, i know the Ylands dev team is working on the creatures/animals (rewriting every piece of code to start from the bottom)  but i do not know if breeding will be a part of it. 

I was wondering about this. At some point it would be pretty fun to be able to breed animals for resources or even new funky colors. I'm always one for some husbandry. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the answers, looking forward to the potential addition of breeding and more.

• Upvote 1

I can for sure say that in my game I had two horses fenced in, and now I have a third that was not there previously.

hmmmmm  will NPC's  breed .? .and do we have to cover the eyes of  young ones  who  might be watching the  game being played and we accidentally  discover   2  NPcs.....ummmmmm  :$

:D

• Haha 2

On 1/22/2018 at 10:57 PM, Magistus71 said:

I can for sure say that in my game I had two horses fenced in, and now I have a third that was not there previously.

Yes, from what I understand, if there are two animals of the same type near enough to each other, they will reproduce on their own. I've been thinking about testing the conditions on a DS to see if it could be a solution to players killing off all the animals on an island. In order for it to work though, I would need to be able to protect the mating pair and yet have the offspring spawn outside of their captivity.

9 hours ago, Whane The Whip said:

Yes, from what I understand, if there are two animals of the same type near enough to each other, they will reproduce on their own. I've been thinking about testing the conditions on a DS to see if it could be a solution to players killing off all the animals on an island. In order for it to work though, I would need to be able to protect the mating pair and yet have the offspring spawn outside of their captivity.

One of them is enough actually :) As long as there's one animal alive, there's a chance of it to reproduce over night.

3 hours ago, Ane said:

One of them is enough actually :) As long as there's one animal alive, there's a chance of it to reproduce over night.

• Haha 1

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:49 PM, Whane The Whip said:

Sadly the third horse disappeared.

We really need Breeding Animals (Other than horses), Tame Animals (So we can breed them) 

Something like this could be achieved of game logics. Just not known exploration game because that's been disabled for game saves.