Jump to content
kimbuck

While they were sleeping...

Recommended Posts

I decided to try  mp in peperation for  the 0.7  update.  I wont  reveal  which server to protect the innocent  .:P

Spawned, and   no one to be seen ...  I explored one direction  and  found a mansion protected by  a PB  .. so retraced  steps   gathering   grass and  sticks   ...   ran into another player  who was obviously  startled by a female  in  whitey  tight  undies :D  and   he  bolted  away.... I never saw  him againxD

Eventually  found a place to  set up as a  trial base...and  went  exploring...   saw some  ships  moored, obviously  with  sleeping ( offline) people  aboard.  I did no approach to  disturb them  ...i was not there to grief!

While  looking  around i heard strange  noises coming  from the ground..   a  search discovered a cleverly   disguised  opening to  an  underground  digging with a someone  offline  sitting there .....  hiding. The  noise i  could hear was coming from his  chemistry workstation:D

I  discovered  later others  hiding  underground or  places i will not reveal ..apparently  they had not repaired  their  PB 's  ..and  i  found out  why ... there was no clay to be seen to  make a smelter for   iron ingots, although there were  iron deposits   that had  some mining done   scattered around. I  found  some location where  clay had  been  but only   got  about   3  pieces.

I then started to search for  some flint ...at least to make  a fire starter..and    bolts   for a defensive  wooden  crossbow    and  discovered  a deposit  someone   started  but abandoned ..obviously  looking for clay.   After digging  up a decent   supply of    flint  i was about to move on...when i struck underneath it  ...clay!  I managed  to  find enough  for the  smelter and    blacksmith station and  kiln!

Sooo Peeps...   there's   stuff there  if you are prepared to    work hard to find it.  i also  found   coal and   iron side by side.  Hopefully  those   hiding   underground will find the remains of my  working  and   mine soiree so they can get clay to   smelt ingots  to fix their  PB  and    come to the surface  ^_^

I did NOT  take  all the  clay!:D  If  its  gone now, someone  else  would have most likely plundered it  

 

Edited by kimbuck
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's going to be more of an issue for long-standing servers, lack of ore or Clay on the starting Island, and even the one closest to it. A few server hosts running their own, put down more or so that way people starting out can build-up from something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mid endian said:

A few server hosts running their own, put down more or so that way people starting out can build-up from something.

That's what I do. Though, after 20 days, there are still original clay and iron deposits that others have missed, most of them being inland. And that's with just 2 islands side by side and 186 unique visitors, though the islands are larger than standard Explore islands. Plus it helps when players get a welcome kit that includes 100 clay and iron in their inventory when they start so even if these resources were depleted, a new player would have a fair start until I login again to replenish some ore sites.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, kimbuck said:

While  looking  around i heard strange  noises coming  from the ground..   a  search discovered a cleverly   disguised  opening to  an  underground  digging with a someone  offline  sitting there .....  hiding. The  noise i  could hear was coming from his  chemistry workstation:D

Omg kimbuck I bet that was me! I love making hidden underground bases haha I knew I was going to be found after I crafted the Chemistry station because of the noise 😆 Wish I could have joined in and I would have shared my resources and workstations with you. Maybe later? Come join the server discord channel with us, there’s only a few of us on there so far

Edited by handofthesly
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, handofthesly said:

The only au/nz server around really, hosted by Energritz

aww shucks

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There  most  days  except  thurs  and    sunday ... Very hard to miss  me!:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not  concerned   about  griefers... ..

a) if they do  attack  my  base and cause  grief, they will identify themselves  for  future  banning,

b) With the 0.7   update  on the  horizon...  any damage is   inconsequential ...i   assume the server and this Yland  i am on will be reset and we start again

Meanwhile  i am having  fun fun fun  honing  my  building  "skills"   (?):D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Megan Markle is looking for  Prince Harry...i think i found him  (  1st  screenshot)

I wonder what happened to him...   Hiding  from the Paparazzi, Perhaps.:P

Screenshot No. 2 >> If you go offline too long the   grass will grow under your feet:D

20180207112134_1.jpg

20180207115856_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, kimbuck said:

If you go offline too long the   grass will grow under your feet

Try this some time on a 24/7 MP. Plant a tree seed, sit on it, logout long enough for the tree to grow then log back in.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they need to put deposits on the ocean floor for extraction by the  advanced playerbase. These "ocean miners" could sell surplus materials to vendors, which could in turn, sell in specialized shops. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something  strange ...one of the  ' off-liners"    was  found   deceased   few minutes  ago  ..    and  another    couple of   tombstones and    deposited loot   indicate  that a battle of some sort took place  between several active avatars, and this  other one  was " collateral" damage.

Also i  blundered into a PB  wall  in a hillside ..i am sure theres a  base hidden in the mountain.  I bet its    entrance is  from a branch  in a  cave  B|

Can  others  pass through  the  PB   wall into your  base? --- and can they remove  stuff  from  containers  inside the  barrier?:|

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, kimbuck said:

Can  others  pass through  the  PB   wall into your  base? --- and can they remove  stuff  from  containers  inside the  barrier?:|

Yes you can freely pass through and interact with everything. It only stops them from killing you while you are logged off and stops them placing blocks other than dirt and stops them from destroying items. They can still loot your chests if they aren’t locked. They are wanting to improve the features in another update.

I hope I wasn’t one of those casualties while offline 😕

Edited by handofthesly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, kimbuck said:

Something  strange ...one of the  ' off-liners"    was  found   deceased   few minutes  ago  ..    and  another    couple of   tombstones and    deposited loot   indicate  that a battle of some sort took place  between several active avatars, and this  other one  was " collateral" damage.

Also i  blundered into a PB  wall  in a hillside ..i am sure theres a  base hidden in the mountain.  I bet its    entrance is  from a branch  in a  cave  B|

Can  others  pass through  the  PB   wall into your  base? --- and can they remove  stuff  from  containers  inside the  barrier?:|

 

 

The PB can be passed through it only purpose is to stop people other than the player that placed it from breaking blocks in it.

Edit: Crafting a key and you can lock you door to the enclosed building and it should be safe........ I think .... not mp player.

Edited by Silwercastle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps    for  mp  players  as well as the PB,  there could be a  Password protective door? That way you can start a base and   lock the front  door  early on in the game   prior  to  getting a locksmith table crafted^_^

As there will be a new  game/server  etc after the  0.7 arrival .. griefing  attacks  , and   robbers  plundering   your  base are really a moot point. Its only  temporary   ...  and  what they gain from stealing  will not  help in the  new  update:P

 

Mottro ..  " smile   sweetly, and a lot,  but  carry behind your  back a BIG club!  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kimbuck said:

Perhaps    for  mp  players  as well as the PB,  there could be a  Password protective door? That way you can start a base and   lock the front  door  early on in the game   prior  to  getting a locksmith table crafted^_^

As there will be a new  game/server  etc after the  0.7 arrival .. griefing  attacks  , and   robbers  plundering   your  base are really a moot point. Its only  temporary   ...  and  what they gain from stealing  will not  help in the  new  update:P

 

Mottro ..  " smile   sweetly, and a lot,  but  carry behind your  back a BIG club!  :D

You craft the key in the blacksmith furnace :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pro-tip: also make a keyring.and label those keys well. When you have ten of them you will be glad you did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

awww ty for the tip  ..thought  you needed a locksmith  station?

Anyway  about to shut  down for some sleep   as the grid goes offline soon to  dispose of the  dead    etc..

Here are some screenshots of  the  base ..for memories,  lest  some idiot  decides to trash it..B| etc.

 

20180207200548_1.jpg

20180207200610_1.jpg

20180207200641_1.jpg

20180207200731_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!  that was easy to do       locked  both  entrance  doors  so  at least  the   base contents are  safer. I can sleep tonight and   shop   tomorrow    feeling  easier^_^

Need to go exploring  for  sulphur  now  to make  the  locksmith table etc ...already  found a  yland  with  saltpeter...and    wolves  guarding  several tombstones.  Looks like they were  attacked from the rear  whilst  busy digging the saltpeterO.o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×