Pharaun Mizzrym

Official Item Suggestion Thread

Question

In this thread state an item you would like to see in the game.  Please provide as close a picture to what you are imagining if possible.

I would like to see:

Teddy Bear

teddy.png

More Containers

Specifically of interest one for holding stones, rocks, marble etc.  See medieval wheelbarrels.

wheelbarrel.jpg

• Upvote 1

21 replies to this bug / suggestion

“Official”? xD

You can already keep stone, marble, etc in your soil container - they just don’t auto-insert.

I would be happy for the soil container to expanded to include stone, marble and maybe even flint, clay.

Backpacks
 - Multi sized which only purpose is to expand Inventory space which can be worn like Armor.

Chainsaw
 - Duel purpose. 
*Damage enemies
*Quickly cuts up wood objects.

bp.jpg

cs.jpg

Swiss Army Knife.  I would say it should be crafted using the tools that make it along with a cog and nails. 
Tools included in the Swiss army knife would be, Knife, Chisel, Screwdriver. And any other tool you guys may feel should be in it. 
This would save about 3-5 inventory spaces. 
Finally it would be able to do the jobs of the component tools, just breaks quicker.

swiss army knife.jpg

tool/weapon belt.

right now an entire line of my inventory is devoted to pick, axe, hammer, sword, ...

having a container for these items would free-up a lot of inventory space.

motor pump to move the water.
Crafteo with rubber tube, generator, gear and helix or auger.
  would allow us to create lakes or fill parts of the ocean, a rain collector could help with this.

motobomba-niwa-wnw-55-3-55hp-3-pulg-60000ltsh-D_NQ_NP_13624-MLA3041748121_082012-O.jpg.7f1b7b38df018b1f66bc78ddb7fff85d.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/17/2018 at 12:12 PM, TheSparkPlug said:

“Official”? xD

You can already keep stone, marble, etc in your soil container - they just don’t auto-insert.

I would be happy for the soil container to expanded to include stone, marble and maybe even flint, clay.

Does not work for me.  Only dirt stores in my Soil Container.  If I try to drop rocks in Soil Container will just trade places in my inventory with the stone, marble, etc.  Will not actually drop into the Soil Container.  Not automatically.  Not manually.

Edited by Pharaun Mizzrym

16 minutes ago, Pharaun Mizzrym said:

Does not work for me.  Only dirt stores in my Soil Container.  If I try to drop rocks in Soil Container will just trade places in my inventory with the stone, marble, etc.  Will not actually drop into the Soil Container.  Not automatically.  Not manually.

It holds Gravel, (made from destroying stone and rocks) sand and dirt.  I've never had anything else in there.

1 hour ago, Pharaun Mizzrym said:

When I am next playing I will see if I can get a screen shot of the contents of mine.

you cannot drag from your inventory to the soil box. Place the items from your inventory into a chest... then from the chest into your soil box :)

Edited by TheSparkPlug
Soil is not solid!

1 hour ago, TheSparkPlug said:

When I am next playing I will see if I can get a screen shot of the contents of mine.

you cannot drag from your inventory to the soil box. Place the items from your inventory into a chest... then from the chest into your soil box :)

That's a bug, and it's not specific to the soil basket - you can technically put everything on a key chain, using this technique.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Baz Foobar said:

That's a bug, and it's not specific to the soil basket - you can technically put everything on a key chain, using this technique.

As a bug I don't think they are going to give people advance notice when it gets fixed.  Even though it's harmless,  using the bug could lead to loss of everything that doesn't belong in it when the bug ultimately gets fixed.  I would never presume to tell people how they should play a game but for me, i'm not willing to risk losing stacks of things.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheSparkPlug said:

I never said it wasnt a bug... hence asking for them to be added to the whitelist !

I understand that, but based on Onedown's reply, it's clear that he interpreted your comment to mean that he was doing something wrong and the container should do what he suggested.

1 hour ago, Onedown said:

As a bug I don't think they are going to give people advance notice when it gets fixed.  Even though it's harmless,  using the bug could lead to loss of everything that doesn't belong in it when the bug ultimately gets fixed.  I would never presume to tell people how they should play a game but for me, i'm not willing to risk losing stacks of things.  

Oh I completely agree that there's a risk associated to it, I apologize if you got the impression that I was recommending it as a solution.  I was simply pointing out that TheSparkPlug's solution was not expected normal behavior and the reason you could not reproduce the functionality was because it was taking advantage of non-intended actions related to the bug.

It's been reported for several months now by multiple people, and illustrated in Youtube videos and discussed openly.  Frankly I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed by now.  Perhaps it's being recognized for its utility and as you said - it's relatively harmless.  Who knows?

1 hour ago, Onedown said:

I completely agree.

However, in my case, we are talking about half a stack of stones, flint and clay - just for when a recipe requires... oh, and maybe and some stone/marble chunks which I don’t like leaving as litter. I will happily risk all of those for the luxury of not having to clutter my inventory with them. :P

@TheSparkPlug and @Baz Foobar  Guys i wasn't trying to make an argument about right or wrong my only intent was to let players not as experienced at Ylands as you guys know they could possibly lose stacks of things if the bug gets fixed without warning.  I am all for gamers playing games that they payed for enjoying them in the manner that they enjoy them the most.  No need for apologies.  I actually think both of you are great and respect your knowledge of the game and involvement.  

12 minutes ago, Onedown said:

@TheSparkPlug and @Baz Foobar  Guys i wasn't trying to make an argument about right or wrong my only intent was to let players not as experienced at Ylands as you guys know they could possibly lose stacks of things if the bug gets fixed without warning.  I am all for gamers playing games that they payed for enjoying them in the manner that they enjoy them the most.  No need for apologies.  I actually think both of you are great and respect your knowledge of the game and involvement.  

No argument perceived, we're all on the same side - s'all good man.

I still want a wheelbarrel for storing quarry stones.  I think a Soil Box would not practically store quarry rocks as a Soil Box puts me in mind more of a Gardener with a Compost Bin. 

compost_bin_fancy.png

Perhaps if we could craft a wheel on to the current Soil Box it could double in inventory allowed and carry quarry stones.

ancient_18th_century_medieval_wheelbarre

On 19.3.2018 at 5:42 PM, Onedown said:

It holds Gravel, (made from destroying stone and rocks) sand and dirt.  I've never had anything else in there.

you can put snow there as well..

Under power items, I would like to see:

1.  Motion blocks, like turning or pushing/pulling.  These can be done in Editor using game logic, but it would be nice to be able to have something we can build in a regular game.  To make it complicated (of course) the power needed could depend on the size of what is moved.

2.  A wireless switch.  This would be a 2-part item, with the switch and receiver.  It would just allow us to put our switches anywhere in range, and hide the receivers to make the place look neat.  The trick would be matching them up.

(put those 2 together, and we could put a drawbridge or huge door on our base, with a lockable remote switch on our ship.)

3.  Energy doors that allow anyone carrying a matching key or token to pass through, without turning it off.

I would like to see gravel  from broken stones being able to mixed with sand  clay and  broken marble to make  concrete  blocks!

I have also suggested    more female  clothing... 

and better looking  undies when we  respawn :$:D