Ane

Multiplayer issues

Question

Hi guys! In our efforts in fixing as many issues as possible, we'd like to specifically focus on Multiplayer issues as well. When receiving reports in this regard, we often get very vague descriptions, like "there is lag" or "Multiplayer is broken!".

So in this thread I'd like to ask you to report all Multiplayer issues you can think of that are ruining your game experience, and please be as specific as possible :)

Thanks a lot!

81 replies to this bug / suggestion

So one more problem in multiplayer.
Me and my friend want to play multiplayer sharegame, but we have problem joining the sharegame we created. It does not mather who created it problem is same.

When im playing and he is trying to join the download is very slow and it usualy crashes for him with message host disconnected tho im still playing the game and my internet connection is fine. And also i noticed when he is trying to join my connection starts to act wierd its like it starts to lag, and the other thing it usually creates multiple same characters. Sometimes we both manage to join but its after like 2h trying and failing.

We both have same version of the game

Using windows 10

PC specs are not the problem

Internet connection is not the problem (we play lots of multiplayer games together and never had problem like this)

14 hours ago, blackbox1234 said:

So one more problem in multiplayer.
Me and my friend want to play multiplayer sharegame, but we have problem joining the sharegame we created. It does not mather who created it problem is same.

When im playing and he is trying to join the download is very slow and it usualy crashes for him with message host disconnected tho im still playing the game and my internet connection is fine. And also i noticed when he is trying to join my connection starts to act wierd its like it starts to lag, and the other thing it usually creates multiple same characters. Sometimes we both manage to join but its after like 2h trying and failing.

We both have same version of the game

Using windows 10

PC specs are not the problem

Internet connection is not the problem (we play lots of multiplayer games together and never had problem like this) 

Hi there! Can you please send us the following files? output_log and output_log_clean, you can find them in the directory \Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data

The server connection issue needs fixed. Like yesterday. There is no MP experience without it. And all your hard work making 0.12 is for naught.

• Like 1

My blueprint crashes my game every time i go to place it in multiplayer and even single player.

Any tips? or is it a bug?

It worked fine pre .12 update. Also I've been having problems with the blueprint camera. It hasn't been selecting all the blocks after welding, anyone else having this issue?

output_log.txt

Edited by Indian Chief
add

14 hours ago, Indian Chief said:

My blueprint crashes my game every time i go to place it in multiplayer and even single player.

It worked fine pre .12 update. Also I've been having problems with the blueprint camera. It hasn't been selecting all the blocks after welding, anyone else having this issue?

output_log.txt

Hi, please attach output_log_clean.txt.

On 4/26/2019 at 12:56 AM, Indian Chief said:

output_log.txt

Can you please also send us the .ybp blueprint file you're having issues with? It should be stored in the Blueprints folder next to the savegames (so something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\841649436\298610\remote\Blueprints)

• Thanks 1

On 5/4/2019 at 11:13 AM, Indian Chief said:

It won't let me upload the file due to it being a different format. Any other way around?

output_log_clean.txt

Maybe try sending it to me via PM?

• Thanks 1

I am still having problems getting my editor explore games on our servers.  I get them to .ylandsgames file but they won't work.  It sends the server into an endless restart loop. These same files work beautifully on the BI server, but not the nitrado server.

I have been told to do something with the .json file. With nitrado we don't have access to that.  As I understand it, they maintain those dedicated server files, and what we work with is a simplified version.  Our uploads have to have the name SessionSave.ylandsgame.

We are nearly a month out and I still can't use the new file type.  I don't know if the issue is nitrado, or BI?  I do know my files are working, so it's not me or my computer.  I need help.

@RedEagle_P1.

Hey Dev's,

just wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I've noticed that when welding my mini castle that afterwards all the doors and cannon's have been removed.

What we do is have everyone log off. Have one designatedperson log back in, sleep til daylight, then all come back in. 

On 5/10/2019 at 2:31 PM, Indian Chief said:

Hey Dev's,

just wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I've noticed that when welding my mini castle that afterwards all the doors and cannon's have been removed.

Can you attach the scenario where you're having this issue, please?

On 5/13/2019 at 9:49 PM, Ane said:

Can you attach the scenario where you're having this issue, please?

Hey Dev's,

I'll try and look up the scenario this week. I still can't place the blueprint without the game crashing on multiplayer. Would love some help with this.

Thanks Chief 

• Thanks 1

I am having the following issue:
when specifically in multiplayer, I can play for sometime, even perhaps an hour or two, then the game seems to corrupt. The game video freezes while the audio continues, I can even hear other players walking around me. 

After this happens it is often the case that when I try to relaunch the game and load into that game (as host or not) I can look around a bit, then it freezes or crashes.
output_log_clean.txt 
output_log.txt

NO MULTI PLAYER DISPLAY

Ever since the latest update I can no longer see any multi-player games at all. 

I've tried:

1. uninstalling and reinstalling Ylands, and
  2. turning off the Firewall. 

It's still blank- screenshot and output logs attached.

Thank you.

Ylands no MP.jpg

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

@Ezzy Rox that is really weird.   I know my server does not show up unless you search for it.  Search 3HT and see if it comes up for you.   

20 minutes ago, bojo2736 said:

@Ezzy Rox that is really weird.   I know my server does not show up unless you search for it.  Search 3HT and see if it comes up for you.   

My daughter is sitting next to me and hers works fine... so weird and very frustrating. 

Searching for P1 or 3HT do nothing.

UPDATE:  LittleBon was able to invite me to a multiplayer game and I joined.  I just can't see the list!!

Edited by Ezzy Rox

apparently   until  the new 1.0 is  fully  released,  some explore games do not appear on thelist .  You need to go to  multiplayer page ..and look there  for the P1 gaming  explore game  ;)

On 12/1/2019 at 6:44 PM, kimbuck said:

apparently   until  the new 1.0 is  fully  released,  some explore games do not appear on thelist .  You need to go to  multiplayer page ..and look there  for the P1 gaming  explore game  ;)

As I said above, nothing happens when I search.  It is my PC as another PC in our home does show the list.