RedEagle_P1.

P1 Building Competition! #5 - The Story Build

afcb8b49d34ca12c925818ef994169dd.png

Big thanks to Bohemia Interactive for sponsoring this event with prizes!

Overview: 

This time we are creating a shop with a story. 

The Idea: 

Every city has a depth far beyond its architectural exterior. Every building has a story and a reason for being there.

You have to ask:

Which company built this building?

Who was its founder? What’s their story?

What are they passionate about?

Why is it built here in this city in on this road?

Example Story: 

Let’s come up with a the backstory of a fictitious ice cream parlour. We are an icecream parlour on the left of a park a bit away from city center: 

I began by doing some research. The first thing I YT searched is “Ice Cream Franchise” and found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8b1mML9fhM

I thought about this carefully and I came up with a story: A guy called Frank and his wife Lizzie just had their daughter, the younger of two daughters, leave home. They miss their daughters so much, and they miss the experience of raising kids so much that they decided to open a business where they could reconnect with the young people that go to the local park.

They felt like the hot climate and the outdoor exercise of the park was a perfect fit with their idea of an ice cream parlor.

They got a deal with a popular ice cream franchise that got its own start by inventing a brand new flavor which is a kind of ice cream with cookie dough in it. 

The design of the parlor was made small and for quick and easy access so that people could take the ice cream with them to the park. This was not a location people drive too but walk to and therefore needed very limited parking. 

The design was very much focused on kids, because of the story of its founder. Certain cones were made like trees to remind people of nature as it was near a park.

The logo from the franchise is an ice cream cone with a cookie in it and thunder in the middle. The name: ThunderCookie Ice Cream.

The Contest:

Come up with a shop idea based on a story you create. 

Prizes:
1st place: 3k Coyns + 30 day Nitrado server credit

2nd: 2k

3rd: 1k

b233de024baf8e1ea833e9404303b0ce.gif

Deadline: Nov 25, midnight EST. 

>> How to get started: <<

1) The moment you see this reply:

I am in!

Do this if you are considering joining, its not a commitment to join for good. 

2) Come up with a shop idea "Toy Store" --> Reply to this topic with it!

3) Come up with a back story (like mine) --> Reply with it!

4) Build your shop

5) To win the Nitrado stuff, visit (http://nitra.do/p1gaming), sign up and then add your username to the post. There are some special conditions to receiving the Nitrado prize. You need to have a working Discord.

6) Reply with screenshots or videos of your shop. 

Style: 

1) Moderate - You want to put some effort into bringing the story to life in your building but don't go @spyler.1989 on me ;) 

Judging criteria: 

1) How good does the build look

2) How well does the story come out in the build! \

3) Extra points for those who create a cool NPC to go with the build!

Legal:

No purchase needed, submissions outside the deadline do not count. Coyns have no real-world value but are bought in game for about 3-5 USD per 1000. So the value of prizes is about $30. I cannot win the prize myself... clearly and I will choose the winner based on the "judging criteria."To win the Nitrado prize you need Discord. 

Edited by RedEagle_P1.
  • Like 4

For those who want to go for the bonus points "Extra points for those who create a cool NPC to go with the build!" check out: 

• Like 1

I made a bakery :P

So here is the story (writing is not my strong suit so it might sound a bit choppy):

Alfred inherited a broken down windmill located in a small village from his parents. It was old, unloved and musty built by farmhands many years ago. The blades had stopped turning eons ago and it was slowly decaying, returning back to the dirt where it was once made.

His wife, however, fell in love with it on first sight. She convinced him to give this building a chance, she believed that it could become something great. 

Instead of restoring the building as it first was, they decided to put their own modern twist to it by extending it and adding a splash of red to the mill. At the end they put so much effort into it that once the mill was renewed, they loved it like their own child.

However, they haven’t thought everything through, they spent so much money on renewing the mill that they have gotten themselves into great debt. Just having the mill as an attraction wouldn’t do, they needed to do something bigger with it, something different...

Now the windmill brings smiles to children’s faces as they stare in awe at the beautiful structure in front of them and press their faces against the counter to get a better glimpse at the tasty treats. Everyday people follow the whiff of freshly baked bread and hot dough that flows through the streets. 

The couple never regretted their decision of opening up that bakery and most importantly the mill represented hope. Hope that you can make it out of the deepest pits and return more glorious than ever.

Ylands_181125_160107.thumb.jpeg.adb61dfca3354c8b55f083ea908ca97f.jpeg

Ylands_181125_155955.thumb.jpeg.b4e899e7e0733871010ecca824fc29fe.jpeg

Ylands_181125_155800.thumb.jpeg.f69960e0dc56aed3ae8ede16e06422c3.jpeg

That is all :)

Edited by Fompster_P1
Changed text color to white
  • Like 4

For my part I would like some more time.
You already know that I entertain myself with anything,xD but if someone has finished it and wants to present it, I will present what I have.

On 11/25/2018 at 11:19 AM, Fompster_P1 said:

I made a bakery :P

So here is the story (writing is not my strong suit so it might sound a bit choppy):

Alfred inherited a broken down windmill located in a small village from his parents. It was old, unloved and musty built by farmhands many years ago. The blades had stopped turning eons ago and it was slowly decaying, returning back to the dirt where it was once made.

His wife, however, fell in love with it on first sight. She convinced him to give this building a chance, she believed that it could become something great. 

Instead of restoring the building as it first was, they decided to put their own modern twist to it by extending it and adding a splash of red to the mill. At the end they put so much effort into it that once the mill was renewed, they loved it like their own child.

However, they haven’t thought everything through, they spent so much money on renewing the mill that they have gotten themselves into great debt. Just having the mill as an attraction wouldn’t do, they needed to do something bigger with it, something different...

Now the windmill brings smiles to children’s faces as they stare in awe at the beautiful structure in front of them and press their faces against the counter to get a better glimpse at the tasty treats. Everyday people follow the whiff of freshly baked bread and hot dough that flows through the streets. 

The couple never regretted their decision of opening up that bakery and most importantly the mill represented hope. Hope that you can make it out of the deepest pits and return more glorious than ever.

Ylands_181125_160107.thumb.jpeg.adb61dfca3354c8b55f083ea908ca97f.jpeg

Ylands_181125_155955.thumb.jpeg.b4e899e7e0733871010ecca824fc29fe.jpeg

Ylands_181125_155800.thumb.jpeg.f69960e0dc56aed3ae8ede16e06422c3.jpeg

That is all :)

Wow!! That looks amazing!!

This is the mercator village! The villagers who live here come from different places, bu they all share one common thing - trading. Each villager or village family has one trading topic. One of them has alchemy, while others sell what they harvest. The village has houses, made from stone and wood, and shops.

I used to have an NPC which sold all the kinds of potions, but my game crashed and I lost that progress. The build is not great, but I don’t really know how to build like the bakery above, I just know how to place blocks...

70BA9F61-A57E-4C45-912A-706033D6F5C6.jpeg