jchob

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-16203] Cannot destroy items from inventory

Question

I was playing the new update and I realized that I can't destroy items from my inventory anymore. I don't want to keep the items, but I also don't want to drop "my garbage" onto the floor.

Or am I missing something? 

13 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hey, yes you can destroy items from inventory :)

Click on the item in the inventory and after in the right click on destroy (here my picture, but in french sorry).

Screenshot_3.png

That option is disabled for me. Have you tried destroy seeds? 

It's the issue I have. All "raw" items can't be destroyed anymore. You can break down the item to the "raw materials" but you can't destroy them after. Like seeds, rags, whatever. Tried some items, and doesn't destroy.

I see the same thing.  I usually use this to get rid of excess bark or items I know I won't need, without cluttering my work area.

They have been planning some kind of auto-cleanup for dropped items.  Do we know if that is active yet?  It might be meant to replace destroying in inventory.

I had some issues last night. I eventually got it to work, sorry I don't remember the steps I took. I am at work now. 

8 hours ago, Indomitus said:

I see the same thing.  I usually use this to get rid of excess bark or items I know I won't need, without cluttering my work area.

They have been planning some kind of auto-cleanup for dropped items.  Do we know if that is active yet?  It might be meant to replace destroying in inventory.

I realized that if you drop a creator cube, it is despawned from the game/map. 

Something went wrong on the update. 

Edited by jchob

8 hours ago, Indomitus said:

I also dropped items on the ground and waited for like 1 hour to see if they despawn. No results, after 1 hour they are still there. 

I tried this on explore maps, shared games/maps, testing maps from editor. You can't destroy items anymore... 

Edited by jchob

@Ane can you say something, please? This is very important in survival.

I had to ask for an anniihilator to desintegrate whatever I don't need.

But "casual" players won't have it unless they craft one, which is hard for newcomers. So... In order to have a clean map, some of us have do keep looking at garbage left over the floor, which takes out our playing time. 

I know it shows "under review" but a single word would give me hope ?

This will be adressed in today's hotfix :)

18 minutes ago, Ane said:

This will be adressed in today's hotfix :)

oooh thank you :)

also  i found    that using  the   hammer to deconstruct ...if you are not  facing   exactly  or  too far away you get the  "invalid target" message and  you freeze....unable to swap  things  from your  hand   a,d an unstuck  command    moves you but you will  be  "stuck" on the spot ...spinning and rubber banding....it    seems to  fix itself   after a couple of  rejoins,  but i  notice it happens  when others  are having a  delay in getting back into the  game  and are stuck on the log in screen..