Cernu

Getting ready for new images: icon creating site

We can join forces and make icons of every item. Scipters are using a lot of custom windows and HUD. We need items icons.

Let me know ?

Inventory items already have their images. If we could access that already would be great.

Edited by Cernu
  • Upvote 2

yeah, i asked for those images many times in other posts. Maybe they didnt see. But now woth custom images we could make them smaller

Adam I know, but team could embed them into the game itself and save us work ?

18 hours ago, jchob said:

Adam I know, but team could embed them into the game itself and save us work ?

I'll ask but with all the Exploration tasks for 1.5 and 1.6 I'm afraid it won't be a priority right now. But I'll try and get the ball rolling.

• Thanks 1

Once the custom images are part of the game, I was thinking I could upload the png files I put in the wiki as a composition and then everyone could have them.

@handofthesly Do you still have all the original files that you uploaded to the wiki? If not, I can start downloading them. :) 

18 hours ago, ocnoglittle said:

@handofthesly Do you still have all the original files that you uploaded to the wiki? If not, I can start downloading them. :) 

Yup sure do! Roughly 1500 of them (that I painstakingly screenshot and edited the backgrounds out of) but I'm guessing most are outdated models now?

Boy do I miss some of these things...

Pump-Action Shotgun.png

Edited by handofthesly
  • Thanks 1

That is fantastic! I think most of them are up-to-date ? Hopefully after the update, uploading the images is easy (and allows large-ish files). ?

Scrolling through the icons I have saved makes me so nostalgic for the old Ylands that had these simplistic menus. Look! Bones!

Arid.png

Character creation.png

Edited by handofthesly
  • Like 3

Oooooooh look. Finally i see someone with Bones.

Do you have them in any map? Please tell me you have them. If so, would you mind to make a composition and share it? ?

I was going to wait until I had uploaded all of the image files I had on my computer, but it is much slower and more boring than I expected (mostly using the little eyedropper instead of just putting them in the folder). I really don't feel like doing more of them.

I started uploading the custom image libraries to the workshop:

Ylands_201228_121826.thumb.png.6b96f4752ed088e1b4526dd8c62ac880.png

Ylands_201228_121831.thumb.png.3e903966dbac3ec3203b2e6774070b6c.png

Here is the zipped folder of all the images I had on my computer (saves you a step from downloading them from the wiki):

Images.zip

I might do more compositions later, or I might just give up on this project, since the atlas limit can't handle so many images anyways. Of course there are also many more images on the wiki than on my computer, but you can download those yourselves ?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I still believe having all the basic image files stored on the user's computer would make the game run a lot smoother. I dislike going into inventory and crafting menus and waiting for the images to load as they are downloaded each time.  I know this would require a larger installation package, but it would be worth it.

• Upvote 1

Thank you so much!

Yeah, I think just putting the zipped files is a better way to share them.

... if it works and doesn't give me this error:

image.thumb.png.f65a44e89ad4b17193aefbcd90ba924f.png

can you try attaching it again?

Yes I could and yours are much more up to date than mine. I'll try upload them as separate folders so they aren't so large, maybe that will help?

Decoration.zip

Energy.zip

Environment.zip

Food.zip

Furniture.zip

Materials & Resources.zip

Miscellaneous.zip

Potions.zip

Transportation.zip

Vegetation.zip

Weapons & Tools.zip

Work Stations.zip