Adam Snellgrove

My Last (official) Post

Hey there Ylanders!

So this is it. My last (1966th) post ? As was mentioned (maybe too many times) already, I am leaving Ylands for new adventures, but I do so with a heavy heart. It's been nearly two years that I have spent with y'all and I don't know about you, but I had an absolute blast. Also, I have learnt a lot, which gave me the confidence to move on when the call came. So thank you for that and for all the fun we had in the process.

Last Stream.png

This game and this community are truly something special. With such an interesting mix of adventurers and creators, there is always something new to talk about, try out and figure out. Of course, the road hasn't been always easy, but I think Ylands is now on the way to becoming really great. With the recent updates to Exploration (which are really awesome and I think we all really enjoyed them, even on the recent streams ?) and the competitions showing us all, what amazing feats are possible in the Editor, there is a bright future ahead of the game. And I for one am really looking forward to it.

And I am also proud of what we have managed as a community. When I started at Ylands, there was a bit of a disconnect, that I think we managed to bridge together, especially because of a ton of goodwill from you ? And while it may not be readily apparent or immediately seen, all your feedback and bug reports were essential in the last two years and the way Exploration and other aspects of the game developed is in a huge part because of your ideas and requests, so thank you for that. I also think quite a lot of life was breathed into our Forums and especially the Discord (https://discord.gg/KxQJJAY), which when I began was kinda quiet and now I am delighted, how much you guys chat there and share screenshots. 

20210212163630_1.jpg.ed7ae602b141ea7fb38aa7ebad8550a1.jpg

So thank you all again very much. Thank you for being so welcoming and kind. Thank you for all the private messages wishing me a bright future and I wish you all also the very best.

But most of all I wish you all to stay classy as you've always been Ylanders ? 

Adam "Major General" Snellgrove

Major General.jpgT

P.S. Thank you @Spyler.X and @Christal for the beautiful artwork and all of you, that helped out to build the Major General a retirement home. And the Pub is fantastic too, thank you @cfrox

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

sad to see you go :( hope the new community manager will be as good as you. will you still stream ylands in your free time? hope you'll come back to ylands sometime

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheGamingChair said:

sad to see you go :( hope the new community manager will be as good as you. will you still stream ylands in your free time? hope you'll come back to ylands sometime

Not sure I'll have a lot of time to do so and also I don't have the required equipment, but I'd love to stream something in the future. Might be a mix of Ylands and other stuff, but will let you all know if that ever happens ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

Not sure I'll have a lot of time to do so and also I don't have the required equipment, but I'd love to stream something in the future. Might be a mix of Ylands and other stuff, but will let you all know if that ever happens ?

yay!, well, kinda yay

• Haha 1

I wish you great new adventures ☺️Thank you for everything you gave to the community, we will miss you a lot Adam

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Have a nice journey and Mr Adam You had been influenced the community to run, because of you ylands is very active now and have a perfect style of gameplay. You will be remembered as The Great community manager

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for all your hard work Adam! You definitely rebuild the much needed bridge again with the community and picked up social media in a great way and i hope the team (and new CM) can follow the path you have laid out and keep it on track!

It was a real pleasure to meet you and shake your hand (in a time this was still possible end 2019) in person on the 20th bohemia interactive anniversary. 

All the best in the future Adam! I am sure you have a great path ahead ?

• Like 4

Thank you Adam for being so patient and open to new ideas from the community here. And I want to say I am especially grateful for how much you have encouraged me. Thank you for (the apparently complicated process of) giving me access to the Bohemia Wiki (Biki ?). Thank you for not criticizing me for being know-it-all, especially during your stream (even when I am wrong about running speed, etc. ?).

You are a great role model for everyone about treating others with respect and maintaining a positive outlook no matter what. I hope the next community manager has at least half your grace and enthusiasm.

From one tea-drinker to another, you will be missed dearly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, ocnoglittle said:

From one tea-drinker to another, you will be missed dearly.

Thank you so much and I thank you for all your help and willingness ? You've really been the perfect Ylander so please keep up your wonderful energy and creativity ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You will be missed, best of luck in  your next assignment and same to who ever has to fill your shoes here!

• Like 2

Over the last year @Adam Snellgrove, you and I have had plenty of private conversations. Many were about bugs and or feedback suggestions of which you have always been quite helpful, but we've had a few other conversations that were a bit more personal. Those brief conversations were fun and got us to a point where we knew a little more about ourselves as people instead of just game players. I will miss those conversations the most I think.

Have fun on your new adventures!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @Adam Snellgrove !!!! As it always seems for me, I found the streams near the end but had a blast watching you and the guys. I'm super impressed with the community that's been built over the last couple of years.  Best of luck in your new endeavors and stop by the pub every now and then so we can buy you a pint and you can regale us with stories of your latest adventures.

• Like 2

Thank you for all your hard work Adam! You definitely rebuild the much needed bridge again with the community and picked up social media in a great way and i hope the team work time(and new CM) can follow the path you have laid out and keep it on track!

It was a real pleasure to meet you and shake your hand (in a time this was still possible end 2019) in person on the 20th bohemia interactive anniversary. 

I agree with every word All the best for the future, Adam! I'm sure you have a long way ahead?