Sign in to follow this  
Elenis

Hello my nickname is Elenis

Chci se zde představit, protože jsem nově aktivní i tady na fóru. A protože obrázky jsou výmluvnější než slova učiním to jejich prostřednictvím. Doufám, že se někdy potkáme ve hře.

I want to introduce myself here because I am newly active here on the forum. And since pictures are more eloquent than words I will do it through them. I hope to meet you in game sometime.

Návrat domů / Returning home

GoingHome.thumb.jpg.b21838255fbf86a4c5a7ce5b52e8e28d.jpg

K novým obzrům / To new horizons

IslandOnTheHorizon.thumb.jpg.18b88da4d382ad6d5b63039ca3d9fed0.jpg

Plnou parou vpřed! / Full steam ahead!

FullSpeedAhead.thumb.jpg.fd772c89576719338271a8619f9cc1b2.jpg

Edited by Elenis
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Really nice ships!Though the mast with trapezoid sail is actually fore-and-aft rigged, like the one on this ship.

Anyway, these ships are wonderful, did you accomplish them in exploration mode?

1280px-prideofbaltimore1-e1533135560446.jpg

3 hours ago, TonyPearce said:

Really nice ships!Though the mast with trapezoid sail is actually fore-and-aft rigged, like the one on this ship.

I ignore how sails are supposed to be placed. I sometimes embed them inside the hull, but other times I do things like this for aeshetics . 

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Upvote 1

The little sailboat in the picture is my favorite ship. Her name is Black Cat and she's an 18th century light sloop. I've had her for quite a long time. Actually, it was made on an old exploration and I brought it over to the new one as a bloopprint. Then over time she went through about three major rebuilds to what she is today.

She's not the fastest ship (top speed about 7 knots), but she's very elegant, small, maneuverable, and has a low draft. That's why she's easy to squeeze everywhere, like a cat.

The whole boat is built on the hull of a Chinese junk, which is variously modified with building blocks. That's why it's so small compared to other boats. You can see it in the photo in the harbour, where it sits between my other ships.

For TonyPearce:
Your picture shows a classic schooner brig with longitudinal foiling. The Black Cat is a sloop and has sails like a frigate, where the transom sails predominate.

20220502222844_1.thumb.jpg.f0de23a62187d282a6b7b830e213dbe9.jpg20220502224644_1.thumb.jpg.4213b4f7e3b7f80a1df49d871e055854.jpg20220502224653_1.thumb.jpg.f98d00152dade40d2132b792b71d24e4.jpgEveningSea.thumb.jpg.8dd406fa66dcaaf1cafb593b305549a6.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Elenis said:

The little sailboat in the picture is my favorite ship. Her name is Black Cat and she's an 18th century light sloop. I've had her for quite a long time. Actually, it was made on an old exploration and I brought it over to the new one as a bloopprint. Then over time she went through about three major rebuilds to what she is today.

She's not the fastest ship (top speed about 7 knots), but she's very elegant, small, maneuverable, and has a low draft. That's why she's easy to squeeze everywhere, like a cat.

The whole boat is built on the hull of a Chinese junk, which is variously modified with building blocks. That's why it's so small compared to other boats. You can see it in the photo in the harbour, where it sits between my other ships.

For TonyPearce:
Your picture shows a classic schooner brig with longitudinal foiling. The Black Cat is a sloop and has sails like a frigate, where the transom sails predominate.

20220502222844_1.thumb.jpg.f0de23a62187d282a6b7b830e213dbe9.jpg20220502224644_1.thumb.jpg.4213b4f7e3b7f80a1df49d871e055854.jpg20220502224653_1.thumb.jpg.f98d00152dade40d2132b792b71d24e4.jpgEveningSea.thumb.jpg.8dd406fa66dcaaf1cafb593b305549a6.jpg

So I just have another idea, maybe headwind and tailwind can be added to the game, and the speed of ship could be varied with the wind.Also, different kinds of sail react differently to wind.If the game update some airship, wind will also effect them.

1280px-Rigging-junk-sail.svg.png

1280px-Sloop_Example.svg.png

Square_rig_names_he.gif

Ship-lugger.png

11 hours ago, TonyPearce said:

The trapezoid sails on this ship are gaff sails. A gaff sits on a boom, extending away from the mast. The small sail in Ylands definitely isn't a gaff sail since it's connected to spars hanging centrally on the mast (which you wouldn't do on a fore/aft sail). In any case, the sails in Ylands are very limiting in terms of what you can build, so unfortunately you have to ignore the realism of sail plans for most builds lol.

1 hour ago, TonyPearce said:

So I just have another idea, maybe headwind and tailwind can be added to the game, and the speed of ship could be varied with the wind.Also, different kinds of sail react differently to wind.If the game update some airship, wind will also effect them.

There used to be something similar in Ylands a few years back, but the devs removed it :( 

2 hours ago, zarwil said:

The trapezoid sails on this ship are gaff sails. A gaff sits on a boom, extending away from the mast. The small sail in Ylands definitely isn't a gaff sail since it's connected to spars hanging centrally on the mast (which you wouldn't do on a fore/aft sail). In any case, the sails in Ylands are very limiting in terms of what you can build, so unfortunately you have to ignore the realism of sail plans for most builds lol.

Yes, well I guess there should be more types of mast with sail in game...And ship of course.

2 hours ago, zarwil said:

There used to be something similar in Ylands a few years back, but the devs removed it :( 

A few years?You mean they actually have these things in early access?Kinda pity.

I just got home and was about to play ylands, when I noticed the magic number on the hours played. So I would like to thank all the developers for such an amazing game.Ylands1000.jpg.e81d0cceb62fa7e6b5df10c51902b87d.jpg

I must admit that at first I thought this game, was going to be a flop. This was back when it was just plain old exploration, on a small map and building with block hardening was sheer torture.

But now it's one of the best games I know. And it just keeps getting better and better.

So to all its creators, I say thank you very much! 💖

And I have a question for the discussion. What do you enjoy most about Ylnadu and why do you keep playing it, or keep coming back to it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elenis said:

I just got home and was about to play ylands, when I noticed the magic number on the hours played. So I would like to thank all the developers for such an amazing game.Ylands1000.jpg.e81d0cceb62fa7e6b5df10c51902b87d.jpg

I must admit that at first I thought this game, was going to be a flop. This was back when it was just plain old exploration, on a small map and building with block hardening was sheer torture.

But now it's one of the best games I know. And it just keeps getting better and better.

So to all its creators, I say thank you very much! 💖

And I have a question for the discussion. What do you enjoy most about Ylnadu and why do you keep playing it, or keep coming back to it?

The devs spent a lot of their beginning years focused on editor. Not much love was given to exploration back then so I feel your frustration when the game first came out. The good news is they pretty much are done with focusing on editor (aside from a few minor tweaks here and there) and have devoted the best part of a year focusing on exploration and how to make that aspect of the game better. .....and wow they have listened to the players, and continue to add new aspects of exploration that many of us have been begging for. Exploration was sort of stale back in the old days. You had a single map, limited resources, and if you were playing multiplayer after those resources started to run thin people had to restart on a new map. They were also limited because of Unity which drives the program, but Unity finally came through and fixed a few things allowing the devs to focus on larger maps, unlimited maps, better handling of multiplayer, and a multitude of other problems that it had back in the beginnings. From now on I can see smooth sailing :)

On 5/3/2022 at 9:07 PM, zarwil said:

It seems that the small mast with sail in game is the "combination" of gaff rig and latin rig.This one is not realistic though.

I think they should introduce bermuda rig and fractional rig as large mast with sail.And something smaller than ship but larger than boat, like a longship, or a cutter.

Dokonce to vypadá na češku ;) vítej ;) 

Hi,
thank you for the welcome. I'm not very active lately, but that's because I'm waiting for the 1.10 update. After the announcement that I can do blooprint from the editor in this update, I rebuilt all my ships and now I don't want to drive the old ones.

Anyway, I tried to connect a while ago and the servers were under maintenance. So would it have been here already?

P.S. Samozřejmě, že pocházím z České Republiky..

• Like 1