Flo Le

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-7939] Game freezing in crafting menu

Question

Hi,

i have an issue with the crafting recipes in the crafting menu. Whenever i start a game and progress far enought, my game is freeting when opening the crafting menu oder scolling down in the crafting menu (depends on how much posible recipes i have in the menu) now i startet a game wirth only a very few ressources so far and the game is freezing when i try to open the crafting menu. All was good, as long as i had no lether in the inventory. With the lether in the inventory, my game is freezing again. i have a sceenshot (a very bad, i know, but i reacted to slow for a better one). The screenshot shows all the materials ia had. Without the lether, i could open the crafting menu and do whatever i wanted to do. There need to be a corrupted recipe, which needs lether.

Please let me know, if you need any more Infomation about it. I realy want to get this fixed. I realy enjoy the game so far, but can't play it for long and can't realy begin to build much.

Best regards

Florian Lemmer

PS.: I had an issue with the forum here the last time and sent you and email. Sorry for that. But now i am trieing to go the right way. ;)

IMG_20171207_230830_resized_20171207_112633853-1.jpg

107 replies to this bug / suggestion

And: I don't know, if i have any usefull Data to show you. Whenever the game is freezing. I need to turn the power off. As a result, all Data is lost anyway. :/

Best regards

Florian

I am sort of having the same problem. My game is crashing in the crafting menu, not all the time though. Usually it happens if I am using the search bar or scrolling through. 

• Upvote 1

I'm experiencing crash issues using the search bar in the crafting menu.  I've been avoiding it using the tabs but the Building tab will crash the game if I scroll the crafting menu down.

• Upvote 1

My game dose the same every time it only crashes once I get enough recipes to craft and I scroll or search to see what new recipes I have. 

Please send us the following files: output_log and output_log_clean, you can find them in the directory \Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data

okay. i'll use the crafting menu again to let it freaze. i hope, you can find the Problem, even when i need to restart the PC befor... i don't know, if there is anything saved in the log-files. Give me a few minutes. ;)

That should be enough, I'll let you know otherwise. Thanks a lot!

I turned down my visual details to low. It definitely doesn't crash as much but it still does. 

• Upvote 1

I've been trying to recreate scenarios for the menu crash.  I have had more crashes in the block/building tab more then any of the others.  I seem to only start having the crash issues after I've unlocked parts for the ships.  I'm only guessing here but there could be a link between deleted/unused "block" types and the UI or memory demand for the UI.

On 12/8/2017 at 3:37 AM, LennyLroy said:

I'm experiencing crash issues using the search bar in the crafting menu.  I've been avoiding it using the tabs but the Building tab will crash the game if I scroll the crafting menu down.

The game crashes on me aswell whenever I use "building" tab but it only seems to happen, when I scroll through the metal section.

On 12/9/2017 at 6:57 PM, LennyLroy said:

I've been trying to recreate scenarios for the menu crash.  I have had more crashes in the block/building tab more then any of the others.  I seem to only start having the crash issues after I've unlocked parts for the ships.  I'm only guessing here but there could be a link between deleted/unused "block" types and the UI or memory demand for the UI.

After I unlocked and build the ship, my crash instantly crashes when I go to the crafting menu.

Hey. i was messing around with my last game again. ;) Have a lot of recipes unlocked and i was able to open the crafting menu. The game was crashing, when scolling down. The game was not crashing, when i was typing the recipe in the search-bar... exept for typing a recipe, beginning with s. Typing s in the searchbar, causes freezing instantly. 

Hope, this Information can help a bit more ;)

Best regards

Florian

PS.:

Same goes with typing "La" in the searchbar of the crafting menu. Freezing too. At the moment, i am thinking about the ship, the large ship. Could this recipe cause the problem?

Edited by Flo Le

1 hour ago, Flo Le said:

Hey. i was messing around with my last game again. ;) Have a lot of recipes unlocked and i was able to open the crafting menu. The game was crashing, when scolling down. The game was not crashing, when i was typing the recipe in the search-bar... exept for typing a recipe, beginning with s. Typing s in the searchbar, causes freezing instantly. 

Hope, this Information can help a bit more ;)

Best regards

Florian

PS.:

Same goes with typing "La" in the searchbar of the crafting menu. Freezing too. At the moment, i am thinking about the ship, the large ship. Could this recipe cause the problem?

I'm hesitant to say it's the large ship recipe...but I think it is tied with the changes that were made to the ship/mast recipes.  A while back the recipe for the large sail was changed because one of the craftable log types was changed or removed.  The massive log (mast) that used to be a (2x2x8?) is no longer in the recipe list but it's data is still stored in the game.  While the crafting menu is pretty cool, keeping the last crafted items first, it may be a safer route to keep a list of all possible recipes and have the locked recipes blacked out.  That way the (data manager? search engine?) wouldn't have to re-produce a list of items every time you search, learn, or craft a recipe.)

I've reported this over at the Steam discussion page as well. It may very well be tied to one of the large ship/mast recipes, as trying to create the mast has been near impossible for me, and although I did crash before trying to build it, it was probably after I unlocked the recipe (not that I would know, since you never get an indication when you unlock any recipe...)

edit: In case I wasn't clear, this crash renders the game literally unplayable. I can't stay in the crafting panel for any length of time without a crash now. 

Is it this severe for the rest of you?

output_log_clean.txt

Edited by Bob Wilson
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Bob Wilson said:

I've reported this over at the Steam discussion page as well. It may very well be tied to one of the large ship/mast recipes, as trying to create the mast has been near impossible for me, and although I did crash before trying to build it, it was probably after I unlocked the recipe (not that I would know, since you never get an indication when you unlock any recipe...)

edit: In case I wasn't clear, this crash renders the game literally unplayable. I can't stay in the crafting panel for any length of time without a crash now. 

Is it this severe for the rest of you?

output_log_clean.txt

Yea I get somewhat set on my first island but once the basics are unlocked the game struggles with the crafting menu :(

i just restarted, lost about 12 hours... seems like there are some people that have no problems... hoping it doesn't happen again in this playthrough. 

1 minute ago, Bob Wilson said:

i just restarted, lost about 12 hours... seems like there are some people that have no problems... hoping it doesn't happen again in this playthrough. 

Yea im taking a little break until it is fixed because it occurs around the same point of progress in the game which is ashame but im sure they will find a fix soon :)

My plan was to craft the cloth, then take it and scroll through the crafting menu really fast to see if it would crash before the game saves. 

Didn't work... now I have 2 saved games that are unplayable.

On 12/12/2017 at 4:29 PM, Thewhox said:

Yea im taking a little break until it is fixed because it occurs around the same point of progress in the game which is ashame but im sure they will find a fix soon :)

You have a lot more faith than me. They've known about it for almost a week now. They released an update today that fixed one bug, one that wasn't even game-breaking. I'd rather restart on the first island every time I die than, ya know.. not even be able to play the game. 

21 minutes ago, Bob Wilson said:

My plan was to craft the cloth, then take it and scroll through the crafting menu really fast to see if it would crash before the game saves. 

Didn't work... now I have 2 saved games that are unplayable.

You have a lot more faith than me. They've known about it for almost a week now. They released an update today that fixed one bug, one that wasn't even game-breaking. I'd rather restart on the first island every time I die than, ya know.. not even be able to play the game. 

Yea i dont know why i have this much faith its like stranded deep with coop it never came out xD

i know,  what you wand to say ;) but i have faith too :P

Sure, it takes a while. But as long as someone is working to fix it, we can have faith. I allready found minor issus, like a bamboo stick, i can't pick up without the game freezing.  But i do not realy need this stick :P Haha. The freezing in the crafting menu is a major problem. Not to fix it... would be like to abandon the game. That would be way too soon. The game is cool so far and there is a lot of potential for more. :)

Let us hope and wait a little more :)

every day, i check this post at least two times to see, if it is fixed allready. And i know, one day, i can enjoy the game to the fullest again :D

So please make it happen...