yumikaze

RESOLVED [YLD-8170] Lose Character and Item after logout

Question

hello can any dev help my problem? i lose all my item and i lose my current character after i logout.. when i try to login its required i must create new character and after i made a character i cant find any my item (i was logout in my home building) and in my new character i didnt get letter (usually get one after died)

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

• Upvote 5

65 replies to this bug / suggestion

Yup.. Same as everyone.. Made a new toon, made a ship so i could get back to where my house is.. but cant build there now cuz of the protective barrier :\ 

Also, i did logout inside the protected area.. all i really want to know is, if there is a way to "remove/disable" the barrier? so i can finish my house..

FDJGJGJRHKGJDHIKKGHDJIKJNGLLC.rar

This has been fixed and will appear as fixed in the 0.6.3 update.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Is anyone still having this issue? Not being able to create a new character after dying, for example?

Hi Ane,

Yes, I am having difficulties since the update yesterday.

I have already posted earlier in this thread as I had the issue with starting a new character from an ok save game, where I was not dead when I logged out. Started new character and lost all inventory items and crafting progress.

Any way, after the update yesterday I logged into my game as normal only to be faced with the start new character dialogue. I panicked and quit the game and then posted on the forum for some reassurance.

There was no response to my question after a few hours, so I logged into my save game and started the new character. As expected I was placed on my original Yland, with shorts, vest an empty inventory and no crafting progress.

I made my way to my base location, which was, as expected, exactly how I had left it the evening before. However, I now have an inactive 'Protective Barrier' in my base, that I cannot use, or destroy?

When I spawned on my Yland with the new character, the inventory was empty, so I no longer have a Protective Barrier, and one in my base that I cannot remove.

When I logged out the evening before, The Barrier was off and I was on my ship.

If you need any game files from me please let me know.

I would really like to remove the Barrier and if possible get a new one, so I would be grateful if you could advise if this would be possible?

Thank you.

On 1/17/2018 at 10:35 AM, Ane said:

Is anyone still having this issue? Not being able to create a new character after dying, for example?

It happened to me just yesterday, this was after the update was installed. It is the second time I would have to start over because of this issue. I died to falling when my propeller pack glitched and now I can not respawn.

I just tried the game again and now I was able to respawn and get back into the game. VERY COOL!!

Edited by Haloperidal

Hi, sorry to be a pain, but can someone please let me know if my protective barrier will ever work again or if I can get a new one?

my post above explains what happened straight after the update this week.

I would really appreciate some help, thank you.

As far as I know players can only have 1 PB per world (meaning each character has its own PB). Your new character doesn't have the broken generator recipe? (in the crafting tab)

8 hours ago, Ane said:

Your new character doesn't have the broken generator recipe? (in the crafting tab)

Hi Ane, Thank you for the reply.

I have added some screenshots below, along with my newest save game and log files from today. I have also added my save game file from the evening before the update on the 15-01-18 at 10:38pm, which was when everything was fine.

From the images you can see that I do not have the ability to craft a Broken Barrier, I can craft a Barrier, but need a broken one to be able to craft it. The old barrier is still in my base, but is inactive, does not highlight and I cannot delete it.

When I started on the Island (for the 2nd time, After the update), there was no Broken Barrier in my inventory.

I have tried loading my save game from the 15th but I always get the 'create new character' dialogue.

I hope the images and files help to solve the problem.

Thank you.

5a66303fead6d_BrokenProtectiveBarrier.jpg.06b98460ad36afe2811c64729dcaa0de.jpg5a663033b473e_CannotMakeNewBarrier-NoBrokenBarrier.jpg.6bda7ae3f0751f17f63ff531b83c06b9.jpg5a66302ab28f3_OldBarrierDoesNotHighlightorWork(Cannotdelete).jpg.7b667523572db26e32872c753eee10b8.jpg5a663021c41b3_OldBarrierNotWorking.jpg.220639d02d81677b04bc85460cb723ec.jpg

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

STUTOPIA(1) - 22-01-18.zip

STUTOPIA(1) [15-01-18_10-28pm].zip

Hi Stubee, thank you a lot for logs and both saves! It helps us a lot.

Can you meanwhile try a little workaround?

Just try to kill your character in most recent saves (/killme in chat can help). Do NOT go to main menu but create a new character and go back to your barrier. Your new character should be owner of it. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Houp said:

Can you meanwhile try a little workaround?

Just try to kill your character in most recent saves (/killme in chat can help). Do NOT go to main menu but create a new character and go back to your barrier. Your new character should be owner of it. 

Hey Houp,

It only went and worked didn't it 5a678d0121531_ItWorks.jpg.2c235440188ea873e1cd1783e61ff542.jpg

Thank you so much for the info :D

I can crack on with some experimental building again now ;)

• Like 1

Hello Solo mode i got killed by a golem, and got stuck under the death page, i had  using alot time to find the perfect map where i want etablishing my self and finally fond it. but nearly after install my camp i got killed by a golem. and now impossible to come back playing on my super perfect map. cause stuck on death page the only acces i have its to return on main page.

i seen that is possible to fix it by a savegame but when i get there i cannot open the file. how to do for spawn back of when i was alive on that same map?  or can again plya in this map please.