kimbuck

Playing the game fairly

I spent most of today off of spawn.  I had Oops and Big Jim helping me build a little base at a nearby island. @kimbuck stopped by and helped. I'm pretty proud of this little base we built.

Ylands_180520_210629.png

Ylands_180520_211229.png

Ylands_180520_211317.png

Ylands_180520_210449.png

I think I am pretty much done with the spawn on this map.  If I wanted to deal with stupid, obnoxious people... that's what I do at work.  I have moved off spawn where I will likely stay until the update.  

On 5/20/2018 at 2:43 AM, kimbuck said:

It looks like  NA  15 has run its course.... griefers have killed all the predators  and one has  tamed nearly   every horse in his name ..and abandoned the area.

(...snip...)

We are looking around other servers  for a while  and  when 0.9  arrives we  might set  ourselves up on a DS    ..with invite  only,   or a public one  with  admin powers  to  block all the  troublemakers we recognize

( we have a  admin channel now,  where we list  the names and   ids  of  confirmed  griefers..)

Its been fun .. and we have  developed a  nice  friendly  creative  community ^_^

I took this to mean the NA 15 server was done,  but I saw later posts from BBCakes and others indicating people still use it. Is it worth trying to join it still? Or better to wait until something new is set up?

There seem to be about 4 regulars and the odd part-timer like me, plus of course swarms of short-term visitors. It is knee-deep in bodies and standing underpants models around the spawn.

Hopefully it will only be a few days till a reset but playing on NA15 would be better than playing nothing.

Oh, how sad. I just spent the last hour scrolling through all of your posts & I was going to try to pop in when I got home from work! I still might... :)

Its  still there for the giggles....   I put a barbed wire fence around my ship and i hear non  stop "ouch ouch ouch" from new arrivals  wanting to either steal it  or   rummage through the  empty storage  chests  looking for  something  to take..:D

• Haha 1

The creator of this mess on NA 48 is either a griefer or an idiot.  (It goes on and on and on through the entire mountain.)  I started cleaning up a little of it, stacking and storing some of it (no points for guessing what kind of storage I used) but after 2 "days" of that I got bored.  Really can't wait for the update that enables self-cleaning items.

6BCD5C3B4884508E12DB1BFBB2A9CB680E28D0B2

I wonder if Oops was there...

We pretty much abandoned the place.  I think Kim and Pete were dynamiting the base, I abandoned my ship, took down my barrier and parked myself at the top of a tree.  I broke my prop so no going back...

Edited by bojo2736

actually the base is  still there...and as i was getting ready to log out  i could hear "ouch ouch ouch" from some moron  trying to get on my ship  to raid the ( empty:D )  chests on it and try to steal it.

Barbed wire make a great  anti   griefer barrier ..especially when placed  horizontal  around your ship and just under the water line ..  they get a surprise trying to get on your ship and  funnier if they glitch and get tossed or fall off!. Call it my  revengeB|

0.9 the adventure continues...

So we are playing basically two games.  We now have a private server, password protected, invite only.  Hit up either @kimbuck, or me for info if you want to play cooperative pve.

We are also playing on NA 9.  I built a basic work station under my PB. I used the coyn purchase blueprint for "workstation" I think it was called.  Going by what we learned on NA 15, we are not supplying anything but a protected basic work station.  I have put a tanner rack, spinning wheel, loom, smelter, forge,  paper press and stove.

Kim is building adjacent to me across a water inlet.  She is building the secure fort for the tech stations. This will be under lock and key and as secure as we can make it.  Petemoss is exploring as he is wont to do.

I had an early greifer Emily, who stole my power barrier that I had not placed yet.  The sharks stopped her attempt to bury it deep at sea, and I got it back.  

Then there was Conan who showed up, stole copper from Kim and killed Petemoss while he slept.   He appeared at my workstation, I attempted to talk to him. He said hi.  I asked if he intended to be friendly, I asked why he stole from my friend, I asked why he killed my friend. He ignored me and kept going through the stuff in my camp.  I pulled out my crossbow and killed him.  

We are not far from spawn, so soon as I saw his stone appear, I went to Kim's place to warn her that I had made the griefer mad.

He pretty much left us alone for the rest of the evening, but when I logged back in, he had cut down every tree near kim's base and mine.  He either didn't know the mat exploit or my build thwarted it.  But I was safe in my locked house.  It will be a mess to clean up, if I do.  I might just leave it for newb coming in to have wood easily accessible.   

I did think you couldn't cut down trees inside the PB.  Either I was wrong about that or it's glitched.

On the plus side, I love the blue prints!  I have not tried making one yet, but they are pretty cool if you want something just quickly.  Well, you have to grind the material, but it's not that hard now that trees give lots of lumber.

Ylands_180609_221111.png

Ylands_180610_101924.png

Awesome story, imagine if you can respawn in real life.. There will be alot of chaos..

Trees in previous versions should be protected under barrier, but small plants(flax, buckwheat, cotton, etc) isn't. Yeah the blueprint is awesome! Hopefully with blueprint we rarely see basic square house everywhere. xD Btw is blueprint works for ship?

Edited by V-Alfred

I have heard that the blueprints for ships are not working, but I couldn't tell you what the problem is.  But one issue I do know is that the compass is not working on ships.  It does seem to work on the bamboo raft I tried.

Ah that new bug, or is it intended? Is there new addon item (like compass) for the ship?

*Edit* sorry I haven't got time to deeply play 0.9 :/

Edited by V-Alfred

well  if he  cut down all those trees... gather up the seeds and  replant them threefold.

Really,  some  people..

:P

Ok  logged in to a mess!  Apparently  a lot of the trees cut down were inside the  area of a protection barrier... !!   I did not  know others  could  do that?

Anyway  this is obviously another form of  non aggressive  griefing... all my cotton was ripped up too and  banana plantation destroyed. As its a public  server  we can only guess who  did it,  but we did have issues with a "Conan"  earlier... but  no direct proof. Could have been any   dingbat  visiting then leaving.o.O

Here are  some  screenshots   showing that your  trees inside  your  Protection Barrier  are not  safe  from " they are  Lumberjacks  and they are  not OK "...:P   (   sorry  Monty Python )

20180611084806_1.jpg

20180611084654_1.jpg

20180611084423_1.jpg

20180611084349_1.jpg

2 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

I have heard that the blueprints for ships are not working, but I couldn't tell you what the problem is.  But one issue I do know is that the compass is not working on ships.  It does seem to work on the bamboo raft I tried.

The ship Blue prints don't work because items that need to be placed imediately after crafting like ship hulls, Masts, stations etc... don't get blueprinted. It throws the whole blueprint out of whack!

We need a Ship Blueprint option.

• Upvote 1

A Thank you to the griefer  who  obviously spent ages  chopping down all those trees... we now can   replant   3 times the number  ..and where we want them ...and have  enough wood to make a flotilla  of  ships! :D

A case of  serendipity! :D

• Haha 1

The perfect tree farm.... plant a load of trees, place a “do not cut down these trees” sign, then wait :)

You could even try adding a “under no circumstances replant them” sign :P

• Haha 1

One should not be able  to chop down  trees inside someones else's PB   area...  but they did here ...and  we found out the   exploit they used!

We will not post it in  these public forums,  but ANE has been urgently advised  by PM.

Another  griefing  tactic  will bite the dust!:D

Yeah, starting to see the griefers flood back into the public servers.  I just ran into one while visiting back near Spawn on NA 10.  The person (username Channis? or something like that) was stealing a boat to smash it at sea.  I offered them a couple bullets.  One of them hit before they sank into the water and went offline.  The boat didn't make it.

This is why I make it a point to get off of Spawn island ASAP.  Just wish I could do more to help the other legit players without giving up my entire game.

What you need to do is   get a discord channel and then share on it to other players'groups the names of the griefers. The unique  Ylands name should help here.

However, to protect the innocent   and collateral  damage,  list what they did as proof.

We had Emily  who stole a PB ..but  was caught by a shark as she tried to swim out into the ocean to dump it, and the PB was recovered.

We  had Conan,  who killed an offline player and looted his gear,  then tried to steal  my PB, and was later caught stealing from baskets   despite  being warned. He is also  believed to be responsible for  cutting  down all the trees around other players bases -he was the only  other onlline player  for several  hours ...  and  this was most likely his revenge.

Expect more to arrive ... they  don't learn ... Sadly it  the nature of  some people.

Yeah I wasn't really prepared for it.  Didn't even realize it wasn't their boat until they started hitting it.  I might have to start recording my visits back to spawn.

They  never stop  or learn ... we just had a "ylander" visit  our  server  and ran around  killing   the offline  people..    but hes disappeared  suddenly and I could not  find him ... i think i know where he is ... well his  body:D  - hes offline   ruing  his  curiosity hahaha