Adam Snellgrove

Dev Diary #97

Hey there Ylanders!

I am a bit indisposed this week, but why should you suffer?! In fact, you'll be better off, because I'm not going to blab too much and images will do the talking.

There has been some talk in the past, that there aren't any new objects and blocks in the game. Well, we've been working on some new items for you and decided to show you some of these. Most of them are modern-day objects but we're also unveiling the new Alpha mutants! So beware of those ? Of course these aren't all the things we're adding in, there are many more, but just a little taste ?

And that's all from me for now and you Ylanders enjoy the images and most importantly: stay classy Ylanders!

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg
First up we have some cool new threads

7.png8.png
Who can say no to a nice set of doors

9.png10.png14.png
Some rails, windows and lights for the city dweller

16.png15.png
And some cozy indoor lights for the homey dweller

17.png11.png12.png13.png
And of course there'll be different kind of tiles and blocks added in too 

18.png19.png20.png
And the mighty Alphas enter the fray! That hyena looks especially worrying...

• Like 9

As long as there's someone working on new types of blocks, I'd like to repeat a request I made some time ago, for Mudbrick.  Clay Brick is great, but consumes too much clay if the construction is a large one.  Mudbrick would consume dirt, sand, hay, and could be made in the Kiln.  It could be less durable that Clay Brick (lower HP per block) but much easier to make.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Looks good, I hope they breath fire, shoot spikes out of their back and like to swim in lava ☺️

(Speaking of lava, I do hope we get some kind of water variant after V1.0 for lava.)

The images of alpha mutants gives me hope we will still get a demon costume with wings later ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Uh oh, these are cool new items.

New window glass type, and the other one I believe is a window frame?

The desk lamp looks amazing. The actual looks cool for some things, but doesn't look as cool as the new one. Will it work with the energy system? I hope so. 

Thanks, and get better @Adam Snellgrove

Also, is there a way to someone contribute with new 3D models? For example, new doors? Maybe the team don't have the time to create new models as they are focusing on developing game. Community could make 3d models and send you them? (I'm talking about making a 3d model in Blender 3D and make a working .fbx to implement into Unity). Just curious ?

im a bit a late in reacting as i havnt been on the forums for a while but im loving that door with a porthole. those tracksuit pants are great too, as thats pretty much all i were?

• Like 1