ocnoglittle

IN DEVELOPMENT What other tools should go in the toolbox?

Question

The blueprint camera should definitely be able to go in the toolbox. Padlocks (combination, rusty, and normal), flashlights, lanterns, and ylandium lanterns might make sense to go in there, too. Axes and knives are also weapons, but I would love it if they could go in the toolbox. 

What do you guys think?

• Like 5

12 replies to this bug / suggestion

I agree about the camera, padlocks, and flashlight. Lanterns I'm not so sure I agree but I'm also not opposed.

As for axes and knives I honestly wish we had a belt item that could display 1 axe and 1 knife on our character, I think that would make us look properly prepared for anything. 
Honestly if we had a belt item like that it could have a tons of variety. Pistol & knife holsters, Pistol holster & grenades clipped to belt, knife & flashlight holsters, axe & flashlight, axe & grenades... I could go on. Not sure how difficult adding a new item slot would be for them though.

Also being able to store I knife in your boot like in dayz would be neat

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JohnMFSteel said:

I honestly wish we had a belt item that could display 1 axe and 1 knife on our character,

I'm still waiting on a backpack and a lunchbox...a belt would be awesome but I think that would require them to make another slot for equipped inventory. Let's hope for the future :)

As far as lanterns, flashlights knives and axes etc going into the toolbox, I'm all for the idea.....but I'm already carrying 2 toolboxes...one is for power tools and terrain modifiers and various hammers, the other contains sewing kit, fishing rods, lighters, torches, and the items that are required for crafting like saws chisel, screwdriver and stone mortars (I do love the fact you don't have to remove these from the toolbox to use them)....my only suggestion is, maybe make more slots available for toolboxes. 

I ended up using a paintgun to make the toolboxes different in appearance so I know which toolbox to get into when I need it

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Upvote 1

já bych byl rád za něco, do čeho by se dalo dát spoustu nabojů, aby mi každých 100 nabojů nezabíralo jedno místo v inventáři / I would like for something that could be put a lot of ammunition, so that every 100 rounds does not take up one place in my inventory

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, spiritchaser28 said:

...maybe make more slots available for toolboxes. 

I ended up using a paintgun to make the toolboxes different in appearance so I know which toolbox to get into when I need it

first I wanna say I'm all for more toolbox slots if that is what is decided, I'm just throwing out ideas

Alternate idea, what if you could put the toolbox on your hot-bar and it have a quick wheel to select and use anything inside it without removing it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jar.janca said:

já bych byl rád za něco, do čeho by se dalo dát spoustu nabojů, aby mi každých 100 nabojů nezabíralo jedno místo v inventáři / I would like for something that could be put a lot of ammunition, so that every 100 rounds does not take up one place in my inventory

Wish I could like this idea more than once, I carry 600ish rounds of ammo at a time. Some sort of storage for ammo would be beyond amazing in my opinion

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, JohnMFSteel said:

Wish I could like this idea more than once, I carry 600ish rounds of ammo at a time. Some sort of storage for ammo would be beyond amazing in my opinion

I agree and I plan to write more of my suggestions here on the forum, but I need to think about it more.

I usualy have at least 4 to five slots of shashliks.....it's why I want a lunchbox.....an Ammo box would also be equally useful I mean I would carry more if I could....but usually 3 slots are just reserved for bullets.....and several chests on my ships are full of ammo

Edited by spiritchaser28

5 hours ago, ocnoglittle said:

The blueprint camera should definitely be able to go in the toolbox. Padlocks (combination, rusty, and normal), flashlights, lanterns, and ylandium lanterns might make sense to go in there, too. Axes and knives are also weapons, but I would love it if they could go in the toolbox. 

What do you guys think?

The way they have us use the knife and axe, they are used as tools for tanning leather and chopping down trees. I believe that they have a war axe and war hammer which I don't think should go into the toolbox. But I also know we can use the knife or axe as a weapon so I could see it go both ways.

a knife can be used as a weapon, but mostly it is used for crafting poles, extracting resin from trees, etc I might use a knife as a weapon if my only other option were my fists

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JohnMFSteel said:

Not sure how difficult adding a new item slot would be for them though.

4 hours ago, spiritchaser28 said:

I think that would require them to make another slot for equipped inventory.

What if the belt went in the accessory slot? I am totally fine if the option is belt or Creator Cube, especially since generally only the Sandbox has the Creator Cube. I worry about holding all my stuff a lot less while wearing one anyways.

Edited by ocnoglittle

Having a tool box is handy, being able to use tools inside the tool box without moving them allowing more free space...priceless.

• Like 1