bihlbo

KNOWN ISSUE First person lets me move my ship by walking into it

Question

When in first person on board a large ship, if I walk into an object built onto the ship, I begin pushing the ship rather easily. This is more pronounced when strafing to the side against objects. Example of objects: the mast, the helm, a stove, etc.

Makes it easy to just propel the ship forward over shallows and land, but also makes free building things carefully while in first person (the easiest way to place things) maddening and dangerous.

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

I experience the same problem. When my character touches some objects, while in first person view, that are attached to the ship (furniture, doors, chests, ...) the ship gets pushed arround (even under water sometimes). This is really annoying because placing and selecting objects is often way easier in first person.

This jumping /pushing arround of the ship also happened to me when removing items that are attached to the ship (e.g. crystals), while in first person.

All observed in single player on a large ship, as that's the only one i have build so far. ;)

Same as above on dingle player. Also when pushing the ship tendency for the avatar to 'pop' inside ship hull. Sometimes this results in avatar being forced onto deck, other time avatar sticks inside hull (exit to main menu then return to scenario fixes stuck avatar).

I have also had a stuck avatar in boat hull due to trying to dig underneath beached boat.. If your walking into the hull sometimes you just get stuck with just your head and shoulders showing out of the deck. a logout-login fixes the issue also for me.

Are you guys still having this issue?

I built a ship last night and found myself clipping up onto the deck when I tried to swim underneath or walk under it, but the ship is staying stationary (if it's anchored), so I guess it's not happening at my end.  I'll see if it's different when it's unanchored.  

I should expect a little movement of the unanchored ship/boat if you walk/strafe next to it anyways.  Happens IRL (and it is handy to free a beached vessel), so why not in Ylands?

On 12/21/2017 at 10:59 AM, Ane said:

Are you guys still having this issue?

im still having this issue, at least for ladders getting mixed up. they havent sent me under the map....yet

I was allready aware of the First Person wonkiness on ships, just figured i wouldn't use it since i flipped 2 boats the first time I tried. That was in the weeks after the first release of the game.

But since the last update I now have the same problem in 3th person aswell when i'm building a new ship.. This one is new in my experience, so i'm not sure if this has anything to do with that.

Extremely frustrating, cause I started a fresh playtrough and it's impossible to build my characters first ship :( 

Edit: Found a fix for the 3th person issue by placing a log first, so all other objects can use the grid from this object. No more wonkiness in 3th or 1st person building/moving on ship!

Edited by lunz
found fix