arkaeldren

Animal over population OUT of hand

Question

Yep, its early access.  Been seeing spawning issues due to no "No Limit Set" for X area.  My original spawn Yland is so out of control with seagulls,  that the frame rate is at about 12-15.  Please fix this, it is not a difficult code adjustment and I am sure you guys have to be aware of this.  If X number of creatures are with in Y area, then stop spawning.  Please, this along with the "Land Sharks" is seriously ruining my experience with this great game.

12 replies to this bug / suggestion

Land sharks  are a nuisance....  but provide  easy food if you  remove them with a  sword. I once had one  hovering outside the window of my sleeping  quarters! ..no wonder i got the message " not d safe to sleep here":D

Only  other suggestion is to go    "anti -environmental-ist"  and  start a  culling  campaign. remember , they  only  animated  pixels ...B|

Is this happening in ylands created after the update on the 19th too?

Wait Ane, please don't tell me the updater doesn't fix current worlds? I understand some issues are not applicable to current worlds, but this absolutely should be. If not I sure hope you guys are working on a more revised patcher/updater. 

I mean... it's not gonna make the animals that are already in the world disappear, but it should prevent them from over reproducing.

• Like 1

Ok Ane, thx for the response.  Please don't stop communicating with your new player base.  I know its gonna be a long hard task, but keep people on it.  As for the long duration pauses "Frame stutter" I know its an asset handling job, but it shouldn't still be dealing with assets that are not within draw dist.  After discovering all the Ylands in my single player my game stalls for way to long and way to frequently.

I7 at 4.2 clock with a 1080gtx. just so you know its not my hardware.

Performance/stability are things that will be improved in the long run :)

4 hours ago, Ane said:

Performance/stability are things that will be improved in the long run :)

Understood.  Ane one last thing please, I have serious issues with seagulls on several of my Ylands and I mean "Serious".  My starter Yland has over 100 and I have tried for 10 hours or more shooting at them and I will be damned but they are incredibly hard to hit.  Mainly due to the fact 80% are out past the shore line and do not land.  Please PM me a console Kill command for Seagulls with in render, or even a world wide command.  I'm good with never seeing another seagull.  My game is almost unplayable but I don't want to give up on it. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, arkaeldren said:

Understood.  Ane one last thing please, I have serious issues with seagulls on several of my Ylands and I mean "Serious".  My starter Yland has over 100 and I have tried for 10 hours or more shooting at them and I will be damned but they are incredibly hard to hit.  Mainly due to the fact 80% are out past the shore line and do not land.  Please PM me a console Kill command for Seagulls with in render, or even a world wide command.  I'm good with never seeing another seagull.  My game is almost unplayable but I don't want to give up on it. 

Would love to see a screenshot of that monstrosity... 

Send out a boat  with a  huge wall or something  they  will hit and then  drop onto  the deck  .,.. then   have  roast seagull feast with lots of  feathers  for arrows  :D

There's no such killing command, I'm afraid. But listen to kimbuck, he's definitely an expert in this matter :P

• Haha 1

Thats why I don't play  MP ...  I could  turn into a psychopath :P when  meeting other  Ylanders:D  I am sure the   Team at BI will not  invite me to   their offices   for  safety  reasons:P

I have a swarm of  seagulls that are not far from  my base ...and   every time i return to my base and  try to  dock I  end  up  having to dispose  one of them that seems to  sneak aboard  my  ship without a  ticket.:ph34r: 

Strangely,  I also  get woken up " not safe to sleep here" to find one  inside my base ...despite  the locked doors  .. there  might be a  spawning   area inside one of  my rooms, and i  often go on a rampage at  night  with my saber  chasing one  from room to room ..

But then,  that's not as bad as finding a  crab under your bed! ...or  a  horse or  goat  in it  with you!O.o

• Haha 1