Question

Hey,

output_log.txt
After playing Exploration for some days now I've had some struggle and I have some suggestions :) :

1) Finding any copper.
There's none on my home yland, neither on the other two I've visited. The other two were mountainous and I couldn't find any ore on them. Also I have found no ore in caves. Many dirt, sand veins look like they might be copper and I've wasted a couple of pickaxes on testing them. Shouldn't the ores be a little more common (+smaller) and could someone show me a screenshot of copper ore please, as google has never herd of "ylands copper".

Dirt:
Ylands_170424_011015.thumb.png.b674883375ba8963f074c98adb59544f.png

Ylands_170424_124547.thumb.png.60b7fa7ee75a33e8473d1457cc6a40c1.png

Sand:

Ylands_170424_012024.thumb.png.ce4ac75d046e19dd0eae1f23ff2e3600.png

2) I placed my large ship in too shallow water.

Spent hours digging water below ship deep enough and encountered several crashes.(spade)
Also nearby shallow visual water filled the canal I had created, but physically the water never left. I could drive my little boat on the "sand", also herd splashy sounds, when walking in/on it.

h2stipandav crashes.zip

3) Each time I die on another yland my boat is left there forever. There might be a way of changing your respawn location or yes, I can get my boat back with a raft.

4) "Stone chunks" stack up to 100, as regular/smaller "stone" stacks to 20 and many other stacking imbalances?

5) Had trouble placing a "Clay urn" and couldn't enter the container?
Finally I got it placed in "v" mode. But is it not meant to be accessed?

Ylands_170424_070045.thumb.png.4e2e771eb3bc39e1c5abf9c25b680481.png

6) Waking up from bed.
Don't know if intended, but waking up from bed needs in addition to a mouse click pressing any of the movement key (sometimes multiple?) (WASD).
Otherwise, character goes back to sleep.

7) Dropped wind indicators on my anchored ship, but they stayed floating in air (not even falling down after i sailed away.)
On second though I should have placed them in "v" mode i guess. (lacking information on this, and currently my only ship is @ another yland.)

Bonus: Visited the Tutorial yland and felt totally lost the whole time.
A little more paths and signs maybe? (Where to after cave? Where to after lions? Up to that bridge? Seaside red flag is really poorly seen) Got it done, although it could have been more spontaneous and educational..

I get the idea of "find everything out yourself", but some stuff is just too hidden for random players like me, as there is nearly 0 public guides for this game? For example; I have no clue, how to make something to write with?

Edited by h2stipandav
corrections

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

hey,

copper: i make a screeny later. its rose colored and i found it mostly in rocky terrain on the surface in the mountains. if you happen to find one of  those "6 barrel pyramid" special places, you'll find some copper bars in them too. 

wind indicator: did you lower the anchor? i had problems placing it too, lowering the anchor on medium and large ships is sort of needed to place stuff on them.

and to get my ship back from an island i died, i built a raft and spent a good chunk of time rowing back to the island. sadly you have to press "move forward" the whole time.. at least its cheap to build.

• Upvote 2

I also had the copper problem on 1 of my Ylands, it should be available somewhere but digged alot around and could not find it, did find the most awesome and biggest cave on Ylands I have ever seen, started a new map and it was in plain sight on a mountain, it does have a distinctive color (red-ish). 

• Upvote 1

Yes, my ship was anchored.
And I was able to find 20 bars too in a barrel-stack, otherwise would have had no idea, that there's copper in game :D
And yes, I imagined it would look reddish, but as there are many "veins" of reddish dirt, it's hard to determine, if it could be copper or not (and I'm a little colorblind about red-green).

Thanks for support, and please do me that screenshot ;)

• Upvote 1

'ere we go

wRSyyiG.jpg

i find copper to be very easy to identify, you'll know if it is copper.

• Upvote 2

Hello!

Thanks for your feedback!

>1) Finding any copper

Copper veins are not on every yland, but you should be able to find them eventually. However I understand the frustration of not finding it, because they are generated randomly. We will be making adjustments so players can find veins easier in the future.

>2), 4), 5), 6), 7)

Thank you for reporting these, those are bugs, we'll look into them!

>3)

We have discussed this issue here if you're interested

• Upvote 1

I have had the same problem, visited 7 islands and no copper until I found the barrel pyramids. This is helpful, I assumed it would be in caves, I will look more on the surface.

I agree with the ores being a bit hard to see sometimes, I ran past my only sulfur vein 25 times before i noticed it.