Ane

Translation of Ylands

Dear Ylanders,

Do you want to be part of the community translation project and translate Ylands into your language? Then you are in the right place! The official languages of the game are English and Spanish, but it would be nice to have it translated to as many languages as possible : )

Here's a few details to take into account:

- Since it's a community project, it's non-remunerated and the reward is the proud of having your texts in the game : P
- You should have an excellent command of English and the language you want to translate the game into (ideally your mother tongue)
- It's necessary to have an account on Crowdin (it's a free and very easy to use localization management platform)
- If you are not sure you'll be able to work on the translations regularly, please do not sign up, as we want to avoid having inactive members : )
- New text will be added to the game with every update – at least once per month (the current amount of words to translate being 3863)

If you are interested, please reply to this post stating your mother tongue, or just send me a private message.

Thank you!

--------------------------------

UPDATE 05/10/2018

A few months back we introduced French, German, Italian and Russian as official languages for the game. Since we plan on adding new official languages in the future (still not decided which ones), we're stopping the community translations for the time being. Thanks a lot to those who contributed in the past and to those who were interested in translating the game into their languages :)

Ane

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Hello Ane!

I feel a little bit dissapointed that game made by BI doesn't have Czech translation. And since I was born in beloved Bohemia/Czechia, It would be my pleasure to translate Ylands into our language :)

I helped to translate Life is Feudal: Your Own(eng->cze), so I already have some experience working with Crowdin.

Have a nice day!

Hello MyMumIsAstronaut!

Thank you very much for your interest in translating Ylands! : ) I have to say that the Czech translation is already on the works, but unfortunately it was not possible to have it ready for the official launch day. 

Of course you are welcome to join the Czech team, I will send you a PM with more details.

Thank you!

Hello Ane,

If it's still needed, I would like to help translate the game into Dutch (which is my first language). I'm fluent in both English and Dutch so I think I'd be a great addition to the Dutch team.

If you're interested, please let me know.

Greetings,

yenz0r

• Upvote 2

Welcome to the Dream Team of the translation of Ylands! From now on you will have a VIP spot even on the most deserted ylands :P 

Jokes aside, I will contact you via PM :) 

Hey,

If this spot is still availble I would like to help you guys to translate the game to Hebrew!

(Something unusual this time! :P)

Regards

Edited by TrueThat
fix

On 11/27/2016 at 0:56 AM, TrueThat said:

Hey,

If this spot is still availble I would like to help you guys to translate the game to Hebrew!

(Something unusual this time! :P)

Regards

Joining :)

If you are interested in having it translated into Norwegian i would be happy to help after i am done with my exams in a week or 2 :) 

Edited by andr0id88

Hi guys!

We usually wait for a team of 2-3 people for each language to assemble before starting with the translation. So you can try to convince some of your friends to help out :P

Hi @Ane I think i have seen dutch translation in the early days of Ylands but is that coming back or if needed I can help out translate wenn needed, even though I know there are some dutch employees at BI (getting more each year with the Amsterdam office) ;)

Indeed, the Dutch translation of Ylands is now in a sweet 12% :D but the player who was doing it stopped at some point, so we decided to remove it from the game until it reaches a high percentage. If you feel like giving it a go, let me know!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Ane said:

Indeed, the Dutch translation of Ylands is now in a sweet 12% :D but the player who was doing it stopped at some point, so we decided to remove it from the game until it reaches a high percentage. If you feel like giving it a go, let me know!

Just send me the text you want translated and I'll do as much as possible :)@Ane  it would make the game much easier for the smaller dutch kids :)

hi, my first language is french, and i could try to translate this game in french, i've been speaking english for about 6 years now, so i'll be proud to be in :)

Awesome! You nicely formed a group of 3 people, so I'll be sending you guys invitations for the project shortly :)

Hello Ane,

I would love to help translate the game to Portuguese (my mother tongue). 

I'm fluent in English and also helped on 0 A.D translation on Transifex.

Ready and Able to start translating, as soon as you want  :)

Edited by chivas477

Please i want the french language i can help you for translating ! :) 

Edited by Bavaria

14 hours ago, Bavaria said:

Please i want the french language i can help you for translating ! :) 

The French translation is already in the works, it's coming in the 0.5 update :)