bojo2736

Nitrado Woes

It's been a while since I used Nitrado.  And with the changes to Ylands, it just doesn't function in the same way.

Problem 1 (of probably many to come) I can't seem to upload.  Please don't tell me this is a nitrado problem, not a BI problem.  

I want to upload an explore map, but it's had some scripting to add things I want for my players.  The file functions. But it is an exploration map, not a scenario map.   Nitrado will only let me upload a scenario.

Is there a way I am not seeing to export this exploration map as a scenario?

@Houp  @Adam Snellgrove

Ylands claims to be a game builder.  You can make any game you want. Unless that game is exploration. Then things get weird and funky.

Ah I see I misread, I shouldn't try to answer questions so close to bed lol. I don't think there is a way to turn a game back into a scenario, as that would also expose the authors scripts & logics I would imagine.

also as an additional thought if nitrado is asking for scenario files I would assume that to be an error because of the aforementioned issue with giving away a scenario file

Edited by JohnMFSteel

On 9/16/2020 at 4:50 AM, bojo2736 said:

Is there a way I am not seeing to export this exploration map as a scenario?

Yes there is. I asked our programmers and when you are playing the Exploration map in question, you need to write into the chat the command /createdssave and it should create the necessary file here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<steam id>\298610\local\ServerGames

If you upload that, it should work 🤞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, JohnMFSteel said:

Ah I see I misread, I shouldn't try to answer questions so close to bed lol. I don't think there is a way to turn a game back into a scenario, as that would also expose the authors scripts & logics I would imagine.

also as an additional thought if nitrado is asking for scenario files I would assume that to be an error because of the aforementioned issue with giving away a scenario file

It being a nitrado issue is possible. We have a help request with them.