About This Club

Founded in 2018 and operated by Deadeye_Rob ⟨AKA FlintlockRob⟩, The Flintlock Trading Company models itself after the historical East India Company, which existed as far back as the early 1700s. The FTC is a collection of dedicated Ylanders who wish to be part of a close exploration community that also respects individual creativity. The FTC tries to advertise itself as a friendly organization engaged in trade, establishing friendly ports and colonies as well as providing assistance to emerging players. We also incorporate our own Company Uniform and Monogram as a means of promoting ourselves and our interests. We look forward to hearing from you in the future! CLUB PAGE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1. What's new in this club
  2. I can ask my friend that made the blueprint. See what happens.
  3. @spiritchaser28 Can you see if a similar blueprint still works now or if it crashes the game? I think blueprints work differently now compared to a few updates ago.
  4. We did a blueprint on Locust 2 (public server in the arctic.) That took about 90 thousand glass Plus some iron and coal and thousands and thousands of nails. It literally took 25 minutes for the blueprint to load, BUT once we finished filling it it loads ok. Just a little lag in the area wehn you initially get to it. It's also over a massive tunnel system that connects 4 different islands. ( too many blocks to count in it but it was a blueprint made in small pieces.)
  5. I've been designing some structures for my exploration island recently and the current piece is getting worryingly large (I can't break it up into smaller components unfortunately). I reckon there's a risk it will simply brick my game when I try to load it. With that being said, how big have you managed to make your blueprints? The biggest blueprint I've used so far required about 12000 stone+sandstone+logs, and it took about 5 minutes to load into my world if I remember right. I'm curious if anyone of you have made something significantly larger? Edit: Just did a test with the current structure as it is; 15000+ stone, ~4000 sandstone, ~1500 logs. Took about 5 minutes to capture. When I tried to use the blueprint the game instantly crashed. Bummer.
  6. Nikki Severin

FTC sign

There will probably be multiple different answers based on the specific ship, but I'll keep you posted
  7. spiritchaser28

FTC sign

Awesome news thanks again @Nikki Severin. I'd love to know what causes the issue. I got a million theories and no answers LOL
  8. Nikki Severin

FTC sign

Hey everyone! We have our testers at it, and we were able to replicate the issue so we should soon know exactly where the problem is and fix it soon i will keep you posted on the progress! Thanks for helping out with the process, it's super helpful!!
  9. spiritchaser28

FTC sign

Thats why I suggested disabling v-sync
  10. zarwil

FTC sign

@spiritchaser28 Yes, ram will help your computer load and display structures/welds, but that is still unrelated to the ship issue. If the ship lag was caused by a bottleneck in rendering or loading structures, then ships would lag in single player sessions as well, but they don't. Therefore we have to conclude that the issue with ship lag is related to how multiplayer sessions handle ship physics simulation, and the synchronization of related data between clients. The crucial differentiating factor here is relative ping between players, which can easily introduce 400ms round-trip-time delay if two players are separated by a continent. If ship physics is simulated on the host client (server), and other clients rely on positional data from the host in order to be "in-sync", then this could explain the horrid FPS lag. This is probably not the case exactly, since this would cause lag with basic ships as well, which is why all this is so confusing. Whatever is going on, relative ping between players, and sending data related to ship physics simulations across the internet is definitely related. Again, specs people's PC's are not directly related these issues. The bottleneck is the speed of the internet, and the specific coding of ship physics over a network.
  11. spiritchaser28

FTC sign

So that isn't exactly the case.....there are still collisions within welds.....welds just reduce collision counts, but they still occur. I also had the presumption that welding would effectively turn multiple blocks into one block and make it easier to load and render the graphics.....I was wrong. Unity can actually load multiple smaller welds faster. With ships it is a single weld when you exit construction, so that's true....but it still can have multiple collisions which can cause your fps to drop because the game is trying to render the graphics to the display. I do agree though with the assessment that a moving ship can cause some of the lag in fps and how the graphics render. Again I can say with confidence, that upgrading the RAM can effectively make those graphics render quickly. The first time I visited Caliga hall I had to wait for a few minutes when I got there because my RAM was only 4 gb......it took a while to load...Now however with 16gbRAM I can pop by Caliga Hall with no wait time. Because the RAM sends the information to my computer faster, and allows for faster rendering of graphics to my display at the correct 60 FPS. Frame per second can drop when the memory in your computer is trying to "catch up" with the time. One thing I can suggest is disabling Vertical Synchornization (VSYNC)......sometimes that can help with the frames per second problem. Do this by going into the options menu and clicking video, then disable it to see if it helps.
  12. zarwil

FTC sign

@Deadeye_Rob The devs are already aware of the issue They tagged your bug report as "known issue"
  13. Deadeye_Rob

FTC sign

I can vouch for this. When playing on a multiplayer server, the crippling FPS drop is experienced the moment the ships anchor is disengaged. If Zarwil’s theory is correct, then the FPS drop is caused by the server attempting to render my ships position as it floats freely in the water to all server participants. When the Anchor is engaged and the ship is stationary however, the FPS stabilises and the game resumes a smooth operation. It definitely has something to do with the ships physical movements during sailing and free floating. Edit: this might be a good time to tag @Nikki Severin. I think what we’re experiencing through our discussions could be useful to the development team.
  14. zarwil

FTC sign

@spiritchaser28 The ship isn't rendered server side, it's rendered on each players client, so rendering shouldn't be related to the lag. If this was the case the you should get low fps wen playing by yourself as well, but that's not the case
  15. Deadeye_Rob

FTC sign

This is true but should not be a factor when construction mode is disabled. Upon leaving construction mode all ship blocks are effectively 'welded' into one object. This means that the individuality of each block is nullified. The unwanted side-effect of this is that weather effects can pass through the physically transparent blocks however. So as far as I can tell, it shouldn't happen. Not too much at least.
  16. spiritchaser28

FTC sign

Hmmm....maybe the amount of collisions is causing some of the lag? Take the composition into editor and see if you can determine how many collisions are occurring. I know with bigger compositions that can be a factor. ....and since it's a moving composition it becomes harder to render. I recently upgraded my RAM to 16 gb and I noticed an immediate difference in graphics quality and lag issues. They recommend 8gb RAM but I think it isn't enough.....the game is playable with 4 gb (That's what I had before I upgraded) but even at the low RAM I had some serious lag. The game uses a lot of memory...with the 4gb RAM my laptop was using 100 percent of it's available memory and disk in task manager( and I had frequent crashes), with the upgrade I am now using a small fraction of it and everything is lag free.
  17. zarwil

FTC sign

Well, given that the ship rob's been using still causes huge lag despite not using many misc items, my theory seems to be debunked. Man I can't even imagine how they're handling ship physics in multiplayer but they're doing something seriously wrong...
  18. NICO14973

Discord channels

It is easier indeed haha. So yeah, if anyone is interested we should create one (i dont do it myself because im good at chatting, but not too good a moderating ?)
  19. Yo HasLEGO

Discord channels

Discord is so much easier to navigate in than this complicated forum ?
  20. Hi guys! To those who haven't heard or read my various posts and suggestions regarding the Ylands Exploration Community, I hope you will indulge and support this project as it kicks off. Currently Ylands has a Multiplayer Lobby Map called Playlands. It functions as a charming gateway zone where players can meet up, socialize and access a number of minigame portals. The zone design was created by a collaboration of exceptional talented individuals -many of whom are still playing today! Now since focus has returned to Exploration I would very much like to see a similar thing occur within this element of the game. I have toyed with the idea of creating a Public Harbor to varying degrees. With the help of the recently established Flintlock Trading Company Community, I would like to make this pipe-dream a reality. So without further ado, I would like to publish my manifesto/specifications for a Player-friendly, community supported harbor/port that can be reached by anyone playing Exploration! PROJECT TOPOGRAPHY Name/Title: Port Neptune Trading Post Unconfirmed Biome: Polar or Temperate Unconfirmed Map Size: Small- Minimal Islands Confirmed Setting: Player Vs Environment (PVE) Confirmed Protections: Visitor Access Only Unconfirmed The Port Neptune Project will be sited on a small map ideally with the smallest number of islands. This will reduce potential performance issues and ensure easy navigation to the port itself. Initial discussion and experience suggests that a Polar region would be best suited due to a vastly reduced amount of entity clutter such as Coral, Shells and other debris that could also drain performance. To guarantee the safety of visiting players and to prevent griefing or harassment, PVE will be enabled with all measures taken to reduce death by Polar Bears! Currently, all arriving players will be granted Visitor permissions only in order to protect the site during construction. SPECIFICATIONS & PURPOSE Purpose: Exploration Community Hub Build Style: Victorian-influenced structures Circa 1800s. Features: NPC Vendor shops, Crafting stations, Social Area. Harbor: Large, stone-laid docking zones to accommodate large visiting ships. The primary purpose of Port Neptune is to function as a safe, and neutral focal point for the Exploration Playerbase. Players can rendezvous at Port Neptune in order to trade, form social groups, or to make use of the various facilities available. The overall design of Port Neptune will reflect that of the late Victorian Era with elements of the Steam-punk (Victorian Science Fiction) genre that is already well embedded into the atmosphere of Ylands. The influence of the Flintlock Trading Company will naturally play an important role in this regard! With Exploration 1.6 well established, there will be NPC Vendors located in their own purpose-built stores. These shops and services will ideally overlook a central Square, which will function as the primary social area. Basic Crafting Stations will also be scattered about the area enabling visitors to craft basic objects. In order to receive visitors, the docks will be constructed to accommodate large vessels of traditional shape. To prevent performance issues however, signposts will politely request that visiting players despawn their ship after disembarking or trading goods. ADITIONAL INFORMATION & KNOWN CHALLENGES Performance Issues Future Update Bugs The goal to achieve a Smooth Performance when navigating Port Neptune is one of the highest priority. Therefore every structure must be carefully designed to maximum efficiency. This includes making some building interiors inaccessible. There has been some positive news regarding the development of the Unity Game Engine which could result in better passive performance anyway, but it is wise to continue in the presumption that it will not. Naturally any upcoming features may have an adverse effect on a map designed prior to an update. All that can be done to reduce this effect is with careful monitoring. There will be a Port Administration office in place which will look to fix any issues reported by players. PORT LAYOUT Finally, it's worth noting that this is just an opening brief and is always subject to change. I hope you guys find this interesting and I will keep you update with my progress. I aim to have the structures and blueprints created or close to competition just after the next update is released. That way I can quickly make any adjustments that may be caused with the latest update. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions or leave some feedback. After all, if we want to centralize Exploration around Port Neptune, we all want to be happy about it! Thanks for your support guys! Rob
  21. Deadeye_Rob

FTC sign

All uploaded and ready to download now buddy! It should be on the composition catalogue. I've also left a link to the browser page on a separate thread. If its not available yet, it needs to be ratified by the Ylands catalogue admins. Enjoy!
  22. After requests from our membership I have uploaded a composition of the Flintlock Trading Company Monogram. It is available on the Ylands composition catalogue and can be added to your blueprints and creations. Don't hesitate to let me know if there are any snags. You can find it here: Flintlock Trading Company Monogram If you intend to incorporate the Company Monogram onto your structures and vehicles, please kindly understand the identity you are undertaking. I would like to promote the FTC as a community-friendly group and not a bunch of griefing pirates! ?
  23. Deadeye_Rob

Discord channels

I've got a Discord app on my phone but I am a total Luddite (Definition: technophobe, moron, idiot etc.) when it comes to that sort of thing! If someone else in our group wants to run an FTC Discord, I'm happy for them to administrate it in our name! I downloaded it to see what P1 was all about, but I practically never used it.
  24. Deadeye_Rob

FTC sign

I agree, regardless, it will take me some time to design blueprints and buildings. I'm going to design 'shell' buildings where only the shop-front interior is accessible. This will cut down on entity placement and should make rendering the port a little faster and easier. Fear not! Caliga Hall will always be my personal home and is an ongoing project. Whilst I want nothing more than for Ylands to have its own community harbor, I don't want any peasant trudging on my land =P My plantation will remain accessible but only to the select few. =D
  25. I know we are full of ylands-related discord channels, but i wouldn't mind having one channel for this group, where you can share locations/what are you trading/etc..
  26. spiritchaser28

FTC sign

I'm on EST. My username in game is the same as it is here. Hit me up as a friend.
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?