Aleš Ulm

Dev Diary #24

Hey there, fellow ylanders!

What a year this was! We added a ton of new features and entered Steam Early Access. Forums are now filled with people asking questions, discussing various aspects of the game and reporting bugs. You are sending us hundreds of messages through our in-game tracker.

We'd like to thank you for that. This game is made for you, and it is crucial that we get as much feedback as possible. It's rather obvious that we can't meet everyone's expectations (especially since many times we receive completely opposite feedback regarding some of the features :) ) or that what you ask for will not, very likely, be present in the next update - but it does pay to let us know. We don't have to go far - the Protective Barrier along with its features was created based on your feedback. Even though we already know how it's going to be improved in 0.7, we keep adding things to our list based on what you say in forums. And this is exactly what you can expect in the future. We want you to understand that we're making this game together. 

Some of you might have noticed that we're trying to stay in touch with you as much as possible. We talk to you, read what you discuss with other players and watch the videos you make. The team is aware of what your wishes and concerns are. That being said - we still have to work on the game, we still need to fix issues (with MP being the top priority) and add new features, and there's already a lot of you, and new players keep coming. This means that eventually times before you get a reply (and I'm talking about a "real" reply - not some generic ticket or automated entry) can become longer.  

Ylands_Xmas.png
Trivia: did you know that there are also mutated penguins in Ylands? They are, however, a bit less Christmassy than these guys ;)

So we'd also like to thank you for your patience. For understanding, that many things can't be fixed in a day or two and that making things right takes some time. Understanding, that being nice and polite to each other on forums not only raises the chances of getting a relevant reply but that by acting this way you're actively creating what may become a great community - something that in the long run is just as important as the game itself.
And finally, for supporting us during the Early Access. We'll make sure that when we come out of it in roughly eight months you won't have a reason to regret taking this ride with us.

Let us wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.  The team will be getting some rest now but we'll be checking forums from time to time to make sure things run smoothly and nothing critical has come up. Then, in January, we'll set all the engines to "Full ahead"... and things will get interesting :).

So, that’s it for now. The next Dev Diary, where we will start discussing update 0.7 and some other related topics, will be published on January 5th. Until then - have fun playing the game, ylanders, and stay classy!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 10

Hey! Thank you very much for this wonderful game! A lot of work was done and, I think, all ylanders appreciate it. Happy New Year!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Gabgab145 said:

Wait are we getting those santa clothes? 

that wouls be amazing

They're in the game already ;)

• Haha 3

Merry Christmas and a happy new year Ylands team! Been a great year so far and will be getting even better in 2018! 

Enjoy your well deserved holidays! 

Online-Christmas-Cards-Images-1.png

• Like 1

Happy Holidays and happy New Year! Thank you for the great two years I had not just on many different ylands but here on the forum as well! ^_^

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Merry Christmas to you and yours!! Great job so far... I can honestly say that I personally have been impressed by the dev team so far!! Great response time and great job!! Take a break you have earned it!!

I'm always a bit skeptical with new EA games.  I have watched to many great ideas get slummed down to politics, to many yes men and most of all just pure greed.  Christmas isn't the time to make requests, or push for changes, its a time to be thankful for who you love, and who loves you.  Def not how great the gifts were, or how many you got under a tree. Its January 1st Ylanders, I didn't get a single gift "under my tree", I got to cuddle with the wife, hug all my children and eat a great dinner with 10 of my closest family members.  My Christmas was Merry, and the gifts were picked well.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Ylands Team........  Dren

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, arkaeldren said:

I got to cuddle with the wife, hug all my children and eat a great dinner with 10 of my closest family members.  My Christmas was Merry, and the gifts were picked well.

The  best  gifts!      ..and  well said!:D

Hey guys just bought the game and was wondering if i could get the server beta so i can play with my freinds?

Can you add the option that if everyone in the multiplayer server is sleeping at the same time, then it skips the night?  I play 2 player and waiting out the night becomes very tiresome.  Thanks

please fix some game breaking bugs such as being stuck at the loading screen my partner is at recalling buildings 100.0% and can't join she also died on the ship while she was sleeping and we had heat support for winter while she was trying to relog in my server

Edited by Chris Young Noize G.